2009 Pala Raceway / UTVUnderground.com GP

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

BigMoe WINNER of the 1st Anual Pala Raceway/UTVUnderground.com Holiday GP

PICTURES START ON PAGE 10 OF THIS THREAD

Pala Raceway has been working hard to put this event together and because of my crazy schedule and procrastination we are only left with a short ammount of time to fill this race up!!!

It is OPEN CLASS meaning all vehicles are welcome, we dont care if its a full rced out motor swapped fire breathing beast or a 4 seat family cruiser! Bring your fresh off the show room UTV out and come run on this amazing course. Pala is located in the hills of North County San Diego tucked away in the Pala Rservation. It is an awesome facility and this race is sure to be a hit.

I will bring up more details as we get them over th enext week or so.

Holiday Grand Prix SXS Series Presented by Pala Raceway, Komatsu, No Fear, Spy, DC Shoes, UTVunderground.com, OffRoadSwapmeet.com, and ThrottleJunkie.com

PRE-REGISTER ONLINE at Pala Raceway Grand Prix Registration

Friday Schedule: Dec. 11, 2009

UTV/QUAD track is open for practice. ($20.00 per person)

** Pala Raceway Membership is required for all drivers and passengers. $20.00 per person

Membership Sign Up

Overnight Camping is available at $20.00/per night (no hookups)

Saturday Schedule: Dec. 12, 2009

Pala Raceway Gates Opens: 7am – No practice – track will be closed for MX GP

Spectator Fees are $10 a person (5 and under free) required for all guests visiting the park on Saturday
Saturday Registration Open: 3:00pm to 4:30pm

Overnight Camping is available at $20.00/per night (no hookups)

Sunday Schedule: Dec. 13, 2009

NO Practice – This is true GP style!
Entry Fees: $35.00 per class/per person (Pala Membership required for all drivers/passengers)

Spectator Fees: FREE – so bring the friends and family
Drivers Meeting: 8:30am at the Starting Line – Mandatory for all Drivers & Passengers
Racing starts: 9:15am (Line Ups will be announced at Riders Meeting)

CLASSES:

Stock, Super Stock and Mod - Pro and Amateur Classes ~ will be determined on Race Day

SAFETY:

Your safety is our number one concern! Please obey course markings as listed below:

Green Flag – Start of Race

Yellow Flag – Caution – Do not pass!

Red Flag – STOP, race has ended

Black Flag – Stop, report to track official

Checkered Flag – Race Finished

You will be disqualified if you cut the course. We will have checkpoints throughout the course with spotters and their word goes. You will NOT be scored if you do not have the correct numbers on all three sides of your vehicle. Anyone found consuming alcohol will be asked to leave the event. Any driver/passenger found consuming ANY alcohol or any illegal substance will not be allowed to participate. There will be no refunds.

COURSE MARKERS:

Arrows pointing Left, Right, Straight Ahead, will be placed around the course. Arrows may/may not be destroyed throughout the day and it is up to you to race with caution. If you have trouble during the race, do not stay on the course, immediately move your race vehicle off the track, before dealing with your difficulty. If at any time you must stop, move off the track as quickly as possible. This is extremely important and is to ensure both your safety and the safety of others. Pala Raceway is not responsible for your race vehicle, and does not provide you any medical insurance. You are solely responsible for all medical/insurance expenses.

PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:

All drivers/passengers must wear full coverage clothing of close fitting design made of material suited as to provide adequate protection to the driver/passenger. Rider and passenger must wear helmets at all times during the course of events. Helmets must meet current D.O.T & Snell approval and be in fresh condition. All driver/passengers must wear leather boots extending far enough up the leg as no gap occurs between boot and bottom of the pant leg with in any riding position. Boots must all offer adequate supports and protection. Eye protections must be worn at all times and must be shatter/splinter proof material. If vision becomes blocked or in any way impaired it is the rider’s responsibility to correct the problem before starting or continuing any event. Gloves are recommended for additional protection.

PIT AREAS

Pit Areas must be kept clean, and all trash must be removed from the area. NO PIT RIDING AT ANY TIME.

SCORING:

Transponders will not be used. There will be volunteer score keepers, counting laps and checking numbers. This is an hour race - finish as many laps as you can!

For more information please contact Joe Beene, Pala Raceway at [email protected] or Daniel Fernandez, Off Road Swap Meet at (760) 803-9344 or visit the website at Pala Raceway or the UTVUnderground.com Forums

Last edited:

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
This looks like fun. And the pricing is great. Keep it rolling Joe Beene!!!

ranchmkt

From The Land Of Avacado's - UTVUnderground Approv
Sep 11, 2009
Fallbrook
I would give OFFROADSWAPMEET another 4 seater to run against BUT it's at Benchmark don't think it will be done in time. Next time for sure. I will be there on Sat for the bikes race.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
sweet i will be there joey, rusty you going to run?

1.blue
2.?
I wont be running the Fat Fod. Still got to put in a carb and computer before I pull all the power out of my top of the line Weller Racing 720 stroker motor.

BUT the Underground will be in attendance to cover the event!!!! Sounds like there will be some serious cars coming out to run. We may see the return of the Magnum Orange Crush!!!!!!! The Rotax wants to come out and play!!!!

side x side tv

Banned Por Vida
Aug 5, 2009
O come on joey u can still run dont be scared of fernadez:D lol is rusty going to run or any of the magnum crew????

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
JUNIOR Q. #23 WORLD RECORD JUMP HOLDER AND THE HELLBOUND NATIVES, SPY OPTICS, RHINO WILL BE THERE SMASHING FENDERS WITH EVERYBODY AS WELL.

AND BLUE DONT GET JOEY TO BRING HIS RHINO OUT, WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME JOEY WENT AGAINST THE PALA TRACK.........?

JUST BUSTIN YOUR BALLS JOEY. LOL

side x side tv

Banned Por Vida
Aug 5, 2009
lol good one fern. i will watch you guys rub paint in my rear view mirror :D well todd KING arthur will be aheard of all of us:D

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
MAGNUM might bring a suprise!!! 1 rhino, and 1 RZR -s.

Junior- Be ready you have to catch me to RUB a lil paint!!! or lap me??
LOL. When you get out there make sure you line up right next to me so we can have a little fun. I always love a little competition. But remember its all for fun don't get crazy on me. Its been awhile since I raced. This old dog might be out of his league going against the experience of the Magnum Race crew.

side x side tv

Banned Por Vida
Aug 5, 2009
yes he is i told him last night and he said he was thinking of racing it looks like fun the flying B is comming out

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
As long as I finish the race I will be HAPPY!!!

This is my first race ever!!

TEAM MAGNUM !!!!

dont lose to the 4 seat OFFROADSWAPMEET ,Magnum LT !!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000