Yamaha 2007 R1 wiring question

brad

Jun 28, 2009
Gavilan Hills, Ca
I'm just about to start the wiring and plumbing in my SR1 project, and have a few questions. Is the stock dash required for any reason other than display (I am planning on using a Racepak IQ3 dash)? Also, the harness was missing the connector for the stator, and the wires are all white with no tracer. Does it matter where those wires go in the connector?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Stock dash is only required if you need to get into the ECUs self diagnostics/troubleshooting menu, which is helpful.

I agree its worth the diagnostic, it will test all of the sensors one by one.

Buy a repair manual for the R1, its worth the $80 for it. Nice color wiring diagram fold out in the back. I have two copies of the 04-06 R1 i need to sell.

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
It's an 07 though. Slightly different. I found that out the hard way when wiring my '08. You shohld be able to download the manual. Do a search on the R1 Forums. I have a spare '08 Harneas that I bought for a couple of plugs. I'll look to see if I have the one you need.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Trunknuts did what I did. Down load it for free on a R1 forum. Same thing as the book and you can print out any page you want.

I'd run the stock gauge cluster if it was me. Your gonna find yourself never looking at the dash anyways. Pretty much just checking water temps and oil pressure.

brad

Jun 28, 2009
Gavilan Hills, Ca
Thank you for the replies.. I have a downloaded copy of the R1 service manual now. I am probably just going to leave the pigtail for the stock display tucked under the dash so that I can plug it in if I need to run the diag through it. My primary display will be the IQ3, that way I can see all of the parameters that I want , and everything is logged. Eventually, I will can the stock computer, and the car will have a standalone fully programmable EMS (AEM).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000