1st Full Season of SR1 - Great work Weller Racing

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

I felt it fitting to toss out a shout out to Weller Racing's Jeff and Jason Weller and say congrats on their first full season of SR1 UTV racing. What started as an idea turned out to be a full class of UTV racing and really helped get the UTV class noticed this year. Their hard work and dedication to the UTV sport helped pioneer a trend in reviving the old race rhino and turning them into competitive and FAST racing machines. Weller Racing developed a "kit" which made it simple to convert the obsolete single cylinder Rhino into a inline 4 1000cc fire breathing beast of a UTV.

Only time will tell how the class will evolve from here. While I haven't had conversation with Weller Racing regarding their take on the direction of the class I look forward to it growing with more SR1's and hopefully with the inclusion of Kawasaki and Polaris type 1000cc motor swapped UTV's. Shifting gears in these little machines has added a level of excitement in the short course and while I really want to see Unlimited UTV survive at the end of the day I am just happy to see so many UTV's doing work on the track in competiton.

Thank you Weller Racing for your hard work both on and off the track, congrats on a succesful first season in a class you spearheaded, and thank you for all you have done for me and UTVUnderground.com as our title Engine Sponsor.

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
This class is awesome!!! Even though it takes away the point of the class, (selfishly) I would love to see the Polaris get involved. That way I wouldnt have to buy an all new car and dial it in again haha

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
while I really want to see Unlimited UTV survive at the end of the day I am just happy to see so many UTV's doing work on the track in competiton.

rise the unlimited from 800cc to 1000cc and you will see an unlimited utv fly right by a sr1

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
We'll see how LOORS handcuffs the SR1 class next season, can't have UTV's posting faster lap times then the buggies!?!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Thanks Joey! Thanks to the people that bought into the class and also those who support it! Can't wait for 2011!

Good to see Lucas finally pulling valve covers. Sucks it took until the last race of the year. Good to see the top 3 pass. They probably should have checked for porting at the least also. Hopefully it happens more next year.

nictac1

Perris #1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 21, 2009
Menifee!
Big ups to weller for thinking "outside the box" & not letting the haters get in your way!!

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Big ups to weller for thinking "outside the box" & not letting the haters get in your way!!
X2-let the hater get in the way-just runn-um over!! :p Great job Weller racing with the completion of the first season for the SR1 class.

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
HellyeaH it does!!!!

you wanna fight about it? I'll take you on here and in the parking lot. DAMN HATERS and Internet Goons

Dan's a little out of control at times but its just the way he shreds. its not his fault that some people crash into him then he gets blamed.

xoutlawheartx

Feb 22, 2010
Los Angeles
One 2nd place finish, one 3rd, and how many 1st's? Oh yeah, that's right, ZERO.

So that, plus multiple crashes, and this equals the "fastest SR1 driver"? I like your logic!

So I guess the guy who placed below Dan in the points standing, is the second fastest SR1 driver, and he doesn't even know it! I can't wait to tell Greg. He's gonna be so pumped.

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
I got an idea who I think is the best Sr1 driver. Just playing. Next year Dan will be better. He just had car trouble this year. If he finishes his XMF Terrex with the KX 1000 look, out racers. If he destroys Jimmy's car then Dan is Just hard on stuff.j/k caint wait to see the races next year. The bar was raised a lot towards the end of teh year. Gonna be good.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Say what you want about Dan but I like him, good guy always there to help like (one great example) when we broke our rear motor mount in Vegas. I asked if I could use his welder, instead he pushes his car out of the way and insists on fixing ours.
Not everyone will drop what they're doing to help a competitor like that, trust me. He can be a little wild on the track (like everyone has) but a solid individual in the pits.

Back on topic, whether you feel it’s a UTV or not Weller Racing I feel saved they UTV class this past season with the introduction of the SR1, this move doubled the car count and helped put fans in the seats (not my words) for our class, they are to be commended for their work. In our case, if it wasn’t for them we would have sold our Rhino after the 09 M4SX season and bought a Limited Buggy or went back to racing motocross and for that reason alone I am thankful to the Wellers.

Great job guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000