#1999 UTVUG / CageWRX / Polaris RZR - Larry Ragland In-Car Video Mint 400

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
So what took Larry & Chad out? I saw them on the rope at the Pit B entrance on Knights Ranch Rd.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Nice in car footage.

Seemed like you guys have the suspension close to dialed in based on the footage.

Reactions: JoeyD23

#xpwarrior

Aug 24, 2015
I guess the siren was not working on the 1999 car...
No that siren was never heard as they smashed the rear of my car. Either the co-driver needs to learn one of his jobs or this is normal practice. After watching the video, I have to assume this is normal practice for the 1999 car as he repeatedly hits those in front without a single warning. I wasn't happy when he hit me and wasn't any happier when I saw the damage he caused.

Legend in off-road or not....very poor sportsmanship to nurf everyone without a siren.

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
No that siren was never heard as they smashed the rear of my car. Either the co-driver needs to learn one of his jobs or this is normal practice. After watching the video, I have to assume this is normal practice for the 1999 car as he repeatedly hits those in front without a single warning. I wasn't happy when he hit me and wasn't any happier when I saw the damage he caused.

Legend in off-road or not....very poor sportsmanship to nurf everyone without a siren.
This is your opinion, Our siren / horn was in working order and the controls for such are in the drivers hands in the 1999. Maybe our siren isn't loud enough for you to hear? Hard for me to compare when you have ear buds in, a loud rear exhaust. It is my opinion we never hit anyone with excessive force, yes we have paint on the front bumper from numerous (get out of the way) taps. Our bumper is a stock CageWrx piece and not a WAR Hammer built to pound. Check it out the next race and check any dents or damage for yourself. To be honest I thought Larry was too patient in some cases, especially with the lack of dust on the first lap. We got hit by an impatient class 10 car but we don't complain when getting notice from a faster car to move. Was their bump on us perfectly executed in a politically correct way, nope, but racing has and always will have bumping.

So hypothetically, if our siren was not working we can not bump someone to let them know we are there or it is poor sportsmanship? I guess next time we will just follow someone close until the driver or co driver notices our presence and politely moves out of our way. After all that is how everyone does it, right?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

IMHO he did not show poor sportsmanship. All I see there is some small bumps to let the car in front know his intentions. This is standard practice in all other 4 wheel classes.... Ask any racer that has ever driven a truck or buggy and they will tell you the same. Looks at the bumpers on the bigger classes they are bent and mangled.

Reactions: JoeyD23

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com

I cant seem to find were larry hit you with excessive force, I think he was being very patient and plus was just tapping guys not pushing them out of the way. I would question a couple of the guys jack rabbiting on him and not moving to the right to let him pass on the left. Just to let everyone know the un written rule is build your rear bumper like a shit brick house and build your front bumper as weak as possible. You would rather ruin your front bumper on bump and run then there rear.

Reactions: CageWrx and JoeyD23

Bambamrobo

Jan 10, 2016
He bumped me a few times on lap 1 but there was no where to pull off. When I could get over I did. He didn't even remotely slam me. They were all bumps and within racing tolerances and or competitive racing.

Reactions: CageWrx

CageWrx

Builder
Aug 8, 2014
San Diego, CA
www.cagewrx.com
This is your opinion, Our siren / horn was in working order and the controls for such are in the drivers hands in the 1999. Maybe our siren isn't loud enough for you to hear? Hard for me to compare when you have ear buds in, a loud rear exhaust. It is my opinion we never hit anyone with excessive force, yes we have paint on the front bumper from numerous (get out of the way) taps. Our bumper is a stock CageWrx piece and not a WAR Hammer built to pound. Check it out the next race and check any dents or damage for yourself. To be honest I thought Larry was too patient in some cases, especially with the lack of dust on the first lap. We got hit by an impatient class 10 car but we don't complain when getting notice from a faster car to move. Was their bump on us perfectly executed in a politically correct way, nope, but racing has and always will have bumping.

So hypothetically, if our siren was not working we can not bump someone to let them know we are there or it is poor sportsmanship? I guess next time we will just follow someone close until the driver or co driver notices our presence and politely moves out of our way. After all that is how everyone does it, right?
Awesome!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000