1965 BITD Laughlin Desert Classic Race Report

#xpwarrior

Aug 24, 2015
That could have been really bad....beyond a what a fire suit can do. Glad you have a good outcome. Gauge in line or threaded into the rail on the opposite end of the hose?
The gauge was inline, prior to the fuel rail. All the connections from hose to AN fittings were push on/barbed but we had clamps on all of them. When we rebuild the system the fuel system will not include this potential failure point.

George and Lacrecia, you are awesome for trying to help. Again, Lacrecia congratulations on your podium finish!

Reactions: rockstarcustomz

#xpwarrior

Aug 24, 2015
Why don't you post a list of parts you need and let's see what might be laying around. I have some spare parts I can part with.
Here is a list of parts that we lost or damaged in the fire
Wiring Harness
Airbox
Motor mounts
Throttle body
Injectors
Plenum
ECU
Clutch cover (inner/outer)
The other things we have to replace are items we will have to get specifically made for our car.
Window nets
Rear lights

Some items we already had spares of a dare in the process of replacing. I think many people fear their car burning up. We are certainly lucky that this car was not a complete loss.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I have UTV INC. billet motor and trans mounts on my car and I love them.....also the UTV Inc. sway bar support brackets are a must. Johnny Angal can you hook these guys up?

C'mon they didn't almost put you in the fence at UTVWC so their cool....:)

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
So cool to watch this thread go from a kick in the balls race report to a feel good story about helping the veterans team on a limited budget rebuild again!!!

This thread speaks volumes about the UTV racing community and the teams that race in BITD.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
So cool to watch this thread go from a kick in the balls race report to a feel good story about helping the veterans team on a limited budget rebuild again!!!

This thread speaks volumes about the UTV racing community and the teams that race in BITD.
We're all out here doing what we love, it wouldn't be the same without the XPWarrior Team! It's the least I can do

Reactions: tatum

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Did your S&B Particle Separator survive the fire? If not let me know what you need and I will get it to you ASAP. -MP

#xpwarrior

Aug 24, 2015
Did your S&B Particle Separator survive the fire? If not let me know what you need and I will get it to you ASAP. -MP
It did not survive the fire; basically anything the was plastic or rubber melted beyond being usable. We can get away without a replacement for the Vegas to Reno race even though that thing cleans so much air prior to the filter.

All of the teams racing in BITD are absolutely amazing. Anyone that hasn't been to a race should make the trip. Everyone from Sims, Lambert and Johnny are so approachable.... They do love the fans and other competitors all the same. I don't think there is a team racing that wouldn't help out another team if they could.

Our team does greatly appreciate all of the help that has been offered publicly and privately to help us heroine car back in the race. We will take a bunch of photos and start a thread soon to show the progress of the rebuild. Again....thank you to everyone helping and reading the thread....

Reactions: SimsMotorsports
Aug 30, 2015
Sheridan, WY
Nice write up and glad all ended safely. Bummer about the fire damage...

Sounds like you should have parts needs covered with racer spare parts (which is awesome BTW)...but if you come up short give me a call and I will help with parts at OEM cost to finish the repair.

307-752-0650

Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000