15" Beadlock wheels?

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
If OMF's are out of your price range, then what about Walker Evans beadlocks. Around $300/wheel. They current have a bolt pattern for a buggy (eg wide 5) but I'll bet if you called and talked to Brian they could machine some with a different center and UTV bolt pattern.

RangerBurger

Jan 23, 2011
Humboldt County
I got 15" OMF's and 30" BFG KM2's which are shaved to make it about a 29". I haven't weighed the combo but doing the math I should be right at about 40lbs. Either way, after looking at the T4 with these on and comparing them to my stockers, there is no way I am going back! Well, unless of course these destroy the power-train which I do not see happening for my planned riding style for this beast.

Great looking rig. I've been thinking about the truck tire route for my RZR 4. Something closer to 27" would be nice and a lot lighter I would hope. Any LT tires that fit a 14" rim? Lots of options there.

Bones from OMF

May 3, 2012
www.OMFperformance.com
Hey All,
Thought I should throw my .02 in on the subject of 15" wheels. Our top of the line 15" Billet Center wheels is very pricey, no doubt about that. However, at $650 per wheel though you are getting your choice of multiple styles of center, multiple beadlocks, our inner reinforcing ring, powder coated colors, valve stems, and lug nuts. Wheel weight varies, but 15-17 lbs each is pretty typical. The wheel is all American Made, and utilizes a spun aluminum rim shell that will bend instead of breaking when pushed to the limit. Pics of some of the 15" Billet Center Wheels:

Now, the Billet Center wheels aren't in the budget for all of us, myself included. But that doesn't mean that we don't have some 15" offerings that will get the job done. For about $350 per wheel we can get you a ITP SS212 or STI HD2 wheel with our beadlock installed. The big difference is that the ITP or STI wheel will be over 20 lbs each, will be wider than I would typically suggest, and when pushed to the limits you will simply break the wheel. This is true of all cast wheels. Also, with these wheels the upgrades like powder coating and lug nuts would be additional. Pics below:

Bones from OMF

May 3, 2012
www.OMFperformance.com
We now have our NXG1 and NXG2 Series wheels in 15". They're designed to be a bit easier on the wallet, while still offering the bullet proof performance that we're known for. You don't get all of the fancy colors and trick beadlocks, but you're still getting a high quality American Made beadlocked wheel that is race ready.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
my goal is the same as joey and reid. 15 omf and lt tires. my t4 is replacing my jeep. i have had long talks with OMF. and thats my ultimate goal. worth the money. LTI cage and suspension, OMF billet center beadlocks, and BFG or falken LT tires. as soon as i can. after watching joey and reids teryx's perform at KOH 2 years ago i was hooked on the overall setup.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Hey All,
Thought I should throw my .02 in on the subject of 15" wheels. Our top of the line 15" Billet Center wheels is very pricey, no doubt about that. However, at $650 per wheel though you are getting your choice of multiple styles of center, multiple beadlocks, our inner reinforcing ring, powder coated colors, valve stems, and lug nuts. Wheel weight varies, but 15-17 lbs each is pretty typical. The wheel is all American Made, and utilizes a spun aluminum rim shell that will bend instead of breaking when pushed to the limit. Pics of some of the 15" Billet Center Wheels:

Now, the Billet Center wheels aren't in the budget for all of us, myself included. But that doesn't mean that we don't have some 15" offerings that will get the job done. For about $350 per wheel we can get you a ITP SS212 or STI HD2 wheel with our beadlock installed. The big difference is that the ITP or STI wheel will be over 20 lbs each, will be wider than I would typically suggest, and when pushed to the limits you will simply break the wheel. This is true of all cast wheels. Also, with these wheels the upgrades like powder coating and lug nuts would be additional. Pics below:

As bones claimed, the value of a spun aluminum rim shell is the malleability of the material. This is an example of his claims. At this years Mint, we nailed something hard. Hard enough to taco the rim. As it continued to roll, it came back around and gouged itself to a stop into the steering knuckle and tie rod end. I believe that Marc told me they (OMF) could repair the rim shell, but I'll let Bones answer to that. I can say that the impact that folded our rim was probably in the area of 4 to 5 g's. With a front axle weight of over 1,000 pounds, that's an impact to the rim that equaled at least 2,500 pounds of force, applied by the edge of a rock or like obstacle! If it were not for the rim being stopped by the steering arm, with our 8 ply sidewalls, we could have driven the car into the next pit if it made logistical sense to do so.

So yes, we recommend the badass 15" billet center bead locks from OMF. It's all about the cost of winning, and minimizing weak links in the chain that could deprive you of that win.

Attachments

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000