15" Beadlock wheels?

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
What are people using, How heavy are they, and what do they cost?
I am kicking around going to a 15" with a BFG KM2, a Pitbull tire, or some other unknown 30" tire.

Passing fad, or do you see this the new norm? When the Jeep world went 17" it did not take long for the tires to follow the trend, and 16" and 16.5" tire choices became less and less. By contrast the 18" and 20" wheels fizzled out.

What say you?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I got 15" OMF's and 30" BFG KM2's which are shaved to make it about a 29". I haven't weighed the combo but doing the math I should be right at about 40lbs. Either way, after looking at the T4 with these on and comparing them to my stockers, there is no way I am going back! Well, unless of course these destroy the power-train which I do not see happening for my planned riding style for this beast.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
I got 15" OMF's and 30" BFG KM2's which are shaved to make it about a 29". I haven't weighed the combo but doing the math I should be right at about 40lbs. Either way, after looking at the T4 with these on and comparing them to my stockers, there is no way I am going back! Well, unless of course these destroy the power-train which I do not see happening for my planned riding style for this beast.
There is no way that combo is 40 lbs. Pretty sure a stock 30" KM2 is 41 lbs without the wheel. Don't think you could have shaved that much off!

I'm guessing you are right about 48 lbs. with wheel and tire.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
There is no way that combo is 40 lbs. Pretty sure a stock 30" KM2 is 41 lbs without the wheel. Don't think you could have shaved that much off!

What a buzz kill!! hahaha

Doing the math (with a calculator)

KM2 = 41lbs - 6lbs tire shave = 35lbs
OMF 15" Beadlock = 15lbs

Total = 50lbs.... OUCH lol But damn it looks sexy!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
can't answer that... too busy staring at your avatar.... I think I am supposed to delete those..... ummmmmmmm

oh anyway, yeah, Method Race Wheels took care of it for me. My boy's over there were lookin out for me. They had a hook up on it, I wil try to find out.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Larger UTV tires are not a fad. A lot of us want larger O.D. tires but our choices are limited with 14" wheels. 15" works well simply because there are more LT (light truck) tires available for them. KM2's are ok, but they are HEAVY. Plus most in the off road world are not too happy with BFG for focusing on Shawn White all while dramatically cutting their off road budget. Marty Fiolka wrote a pretty pointed article about this in the February issue of Dirt Sports (pg 6).

We are going a new direction on tire brands with the Jagged X Pro UTV race team for 2012. Stay tuned! :)

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
the price for 15" wheel from OMF is pretty high. when the prices come down they will be on a lot more utv's

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com

The weight is relative to a point. My old Crippler 14"s with Baja Cross tires where that weight if not more. They took the abuse very well but I like the advantages of the BFG type and size tire.

I'm like Matt, I wish there were more options and Tyler has a point about cost but performance and durability have their price tag.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I agree that the OMF is spendy but I also believe you get what you pay for and that is the Cadillac of wheels.

What do you think would be a reasonable price for a 15" Beadlock wheel for a UTV?

Also, at what point does weight outweigh the price? Would you pay $250 for a 25 lb wheel?

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
My Jeepspeed wheels from Raceline where about 26-27 lbs. 15"x7 " wheel with beadlock. This was a very strong wheel with a solid lip, and they took abuse. I am thinking this type of wheel might work for a UTV. I love the OMF wheel, I think that wheel is the best you can get, but its way out of my price point.

So it looks like the choice is OMF currently
Method in development

Any other options currently available, and do we have prices on anything except the OMF?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000