09 M.O.R.E. Powder Puff

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

2009 Powder Puff Race For The Cure By: Jessi Kohrell

4th annual powderpuff race for the cure.... is just days away!!! cant wait for another exciting year for such an amazing cause

Our team has been anticipating this race all year, we are dedicated to racing for a cause... this is so dear to our hearts! my car is dedicated to, 2 wonderful, brave, outstanding, and most importantly survivors.... my mom and kevins sister.. we have so many women around us.. including a daughter... wouldn't it be awesome to have a cure so she never has to know of this terrible disease..
we are honored and proud to take part in such an amazing event!
if you are interested in helping us raise funds to be donated please visit out team site... 100% of all funds will be donated in the name of "race for the cure"

Team Pink Racing
Fundraising is Fun!

last year we were able to raise over $2500.00 what a great feeling....

We are excited and i cant wait to get behind the wheel of my way cute Custom Creations pink and black breast cancer inspired race Teryx.
Did i mention I was EXXXCITEDDDDD!!!! Thanks for everyone's support, we are looking forward to seeing you there...
So far there are a total of 152 cars entered in various classes... 11 are UTV's.. you know what that means... that is around 300 ladies racers.. and that can only eual a REAL GOOD TIME!!!
All of us at Custom Creations are offerring 100% pit support to any UTV who needs help at any time.. to get the girls back on the track safely and quickly... actually anyone who needs help is more than welcome to stop in our pit... look for us at contingingency... and good luck to everyone who comes out....

Thank you to all my sponsors we could not do it without them:::
Custom Creations, Kawasaki, Web Cam, Sway Away, Summer Brothers, Maxxis, OMF Performance, B&B Powdercoating, Precision Plating, CP Pistons, AFM Construction, Exhibit Tree, PRP, Montclair Motorsports, C3 Productions, and all my friends and family!

here is some more info on the race...

http://moreracing.net/powderpuff09/index.html

M.O.R.E (Mojave Off-Road Enthusiast)
and ROYAL PURPLE Synthetic Oils are proud to announce
the 4Th annual Powder Puff race for the cure. Proceeds
and donations acquired from this event will benefit Cedars
Sinai Womens Cancer Research Center.
WE ARE RACING FOR THE CURE! THIS YEAR ROYAL PURPLE HAS DOUBLED LAST YEARS GIFT FROM $20,000.00 TO $40,000.00. ALL THE MONEY GOES DIRECTLY TO CEDARS SINAI` WOMEN'S CANCER RESEARCH INSTITUTE.
Thank you Royal Purple!
This year’s events begin with the Tech and Contingency which will be held at the Barstow Outlet Factory Mall on Friday the 9Th of Oct. from 5 Pm to 9:00 PM.
Race Day is Saturday Oct 10th! Racing starts at 8:00 AM and continues until 4:00PM. There will be two 4 hour Main Race Events. The public is welcome . There will be an open BBQ, a live band and a raffle.

Among this year's many prizes will be a Yamaha Raptor 700 and a Yamaha Raptor 250, donated by Reid Products and Yamaha Corp. Tickets are only $ 10.00 this year. Tickets may be purchased at the event, buy calling 760-646-9306 or by stopping at the Damzil Booth at the Sand Sort Super Show in Orange County Sept. 18Th thru 20Th .

Please come out and meet all the Great Ladies that drive these machines. Some gals are new to the sport while others are seasoned drivers. When the green flag drops, they take No Prisoners and it’s every gal for herself.

Should you or your company wish to take part in the Race For The Cure, please contact Ron Matthews ([email protected]). All sponsors will have their company name/logo placed on the Powder Puff website for one year.

Kevin and Jessi Kohrell
Custom Creations
Performance Sandcars and ATV's
(909) 862-9353
27177 E. 5th St. Highland, Ca 92346
Home

Last edited:

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
Joey... we appreciate all of your support.. you are awesome! and the underground rocks!!! Joey was one of the first people to make a donation directly to Cedar Sinai Breast Cancer Research! The race is awesome and has so many great people involved... This is the biggest race in california and the largest all women race in the world... Guiness book of world records is trying to make this years race to record the event in history...
the write up is great and would love to see everyone there.. over 50,000 spectators/racers/crews attended last years event!
WOW!!!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Let's all help out. We all like (.)(.) so crack open your wallets. Use the money you spend taking your ladies out to dinner or a movie and use it to save the (.)(.). Your ladies will understand. Talk to your people at work and also the family. Let's make it happen.. Thank you (.)(.)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
My daughter and I will also be running this race for a second time.....can't wait!! See you out there Jessie!

Reactions: 1 person

ChaseThisToo

My Other Car is a Class1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
So Cal
If any one racing this event needs help or pit support pull into ANY Chase Motorsports pit.

We will have tools, parts, and welders on hand plus a few beers for the guys not racing. :)

-Travis

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Racing for the Cure - The Women of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series

Corona, California (September 15th, 2009) - Join the Woman of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) in the fight for the cure for breast cancer on October 10that the 2009 4th Annual MORE Powder Puff Race for the Cure. One in every eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their life. Over 200,000 US women will be diagnosed this year. 40,000 will not survive. Cedar Sinai Women's Cancer Research Center is fighting to find a cure for this horrible disease that affects so many people.

The MORE Powder Puff Race for the Cure is an all female off road race held in the desert of Barstow, CA put on by the great people at MORE (Mojave Off Road Enthusiasts). Women will come together from around the country to "race for the cure" and help to raise money for the Cedar Sinai Women's Cancer Research Center. Last year's event raised over $115,000 with 186 teams competing. All proceeds and contributions go directly to the center and are completely tax deductible.

The Women of LORRS is a five vehicle off road racing team comprised of Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series technical Inspection and on-track support personnel, employees and their family members. Joining Sherry Vanillo and daughters Crystal and Tanya in the Class 1 North American Off Road Truck are the Class 10 Buggy of Poppy Perfect, the Class 5 Unlimited of Kristina Dague, Class 9 buggy campaigned by Paula MacDonald and Andi Wagner and the UTV of Jeanette Sappington.

In addition to the support of Lucas Oil Products, the team has received generous contributions from Bully Dog Technologies, Ntensetees, RockStar Energy Drink, Lawson Products, and Symons Safety. Through their association with the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series, the team has also made arrangements for the series safety team as well as the series Toyota support vehicles to be on-site throughout the race course to assist all participants.

For more information about the Women of LOORRS please contact Poppy Perfect at [email protected] or Sherry Vanillo at [email protected]

For more information about the MORE Powder Puff Race for the Cure please visit M.O.R.E. Mojave Off-Road Racing Enthusiast

The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) is the evolution of the long standing support of short course racing by Forrest Lucas and Lucas Oil Products. Steeped in the Midwest tradition of short course off road racing infused with a West Coast influence, LOORRS brings intense four wheel door to door action to challenging, fan friendly tracks. Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series: This is Short Course. For more information please visit Lucasoiloffroadracing.com

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
Hi Cory.. i am looking forward to seeing you there. we had sucha great time last year... way fun!!! remeber your jackets... hopefully its a little warmer this year!!!

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
WOW!!! another fun race in Barstow, Ca... Where do I start??? We had a great time this year.. Lot's of energy all over this race... Pink Rocks! We decided not to run the Teryx for a pre-run this year and I just drove passenger in a desert car, and got to take in all the scenery...
We got to tech around 5pm.. and it went smooth and actually pretty quickly! The night before M.O.R.E had to extend the race course and extra 5 miles because of how many entries.. 244 entries on Thursday night!!!
Drivers meeting was at 730 and the race start was at 830. It ran a few minutes late and finally were were off... UTV's got to leave int he middle of the race this year.. Last year we were dead last...
We left in the 3rd position and by mile 3 we had moved to 2nd position.. I was good and listened.. and took it way easy on the 1st lap... Just getting used the car and terrain.. I couldn't be happier the car was working great! We came around the start finish line just a minute behind 1st place (610 Cory Weller)... So we decided to drive... and started pulling down miles about a mile every minute... we were haulin... Weller had a blown shock so she had pit for a bit.. and then she was back in it... I had the most awesome navigator... she made my day!! Laurie Dunlap from Web Cam Racing... So all of a sudden we were bookin along and this terrible grinding noise starts and all this smoke... wow... there she was... so i put the car in neutral and it moved backwards.. not a good sign, we were stuck between gears... so we held into gear and limped to mile 12 a nice safe place for us to be rescued... I got a nice crack in the case where the gear tried to jump right out of my case... I was bummed because it was so much fun driving... by this time it took 20 minutes for the 2nd place UTV to pass us... all we could do was wave them on and cheer as they went by...
so we got to see some great action while being towed back through ALL THE BUSHES!!! Thanks Kev.. LOL... 610 was back in with a vengence. she had some serious time to make up! and she did.. she worked herself over 30 minutes behind all the way back up to crossing the finish line 1st..1924 Lacrecia Burrier in a Rockstar Customz Rhino was on her tail just seconds behind... eventually taking 1st due to time on the clock since she had left in 8th position.. Great Job ladies.. It was an honor to race with such great women and and the men and women supporting them.. Cant wait to hear the final total money raised... See you all next year!!

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
I have talked many of the ladies.. and they all had there fair share of difficulties thrown at them... but all said it was a great time...
Hey Mike L nice pics.. It was good to see you out there.. maybe you should have schooled me on driving the Teryx.. LOL
here's the results:::

1924 Lacrecia Burrier
610 Cory Weller
1910 Kimberly Dunn
1902 Jeanette Sappington
1973 Michelle Briscoe
1929 Michele Ricci
1917 Kimberlee Wertens
1969 Renee Hudson
1931 Jessi Kohrell
1918 Terra Hagel

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009

1st Place 1924 Lacrecia Burrier

2nd Place 610 Cory Weller

3rd Place 1910 Kimberley Dunn

7th Place 1917 Kimberlee Wertens

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I was bummed to hear that you hadn't come by in a while from my pit crew- we had such a good race last year, and I was looking forward to doing it again! You ladies looked like you had a great time, anyway and yes, it was all for a great cause!! Thanks for coming by and saying HI last night!! It was good to see you again!!

Are you gonna race Parker??

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
we would like to race the whole points series for BITD next year..
yah I was bummed too... you made my race day for me last year and was reallly looking forward to it again.. we had a blast until that yucky noise... its alright we will fix it and kev knows how to prevent it... so looks like we should be back up and running shortly...
your car was jammin out there.. it was awesome to see you through the course... i had fun talking to you and hearing how your day went!! so thank you...

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I am planning on racing Parker, so....we will get to race each other again soon! :) I'll probably race Sportsman or whatever they wind up putting me in, but we can still have some fun!

ChaseThisToo

My Other Car is a Class1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
So Cal
It was a GREAT weekend this weekend. I started off supporting my Wife and Sister in their first race ever and raising money for the cure. And I finished it off stopping by the offroad expo and checking out the UTVUG booth.

The race, as most of you know who were there, was amazing. I've never been to a race before with such enthusiasm and support. Everyone there had a great attitude and felt like they had a purpose. Our weekend started off friday with some lazy prerunning. I took the girls out on the first lap so the can get a look at the course and I could show them some smooth lines. After our first lap my Sister and wife went out on there own marking the GPS for big nasty areas. The GPS looked like one big skull and cross bone. I think they got a little carried away. LOL. Friday night was tech wich was like a festival in itself. There we all sorts of venders out supporting the cause. Saturday we woke up and went to the drivers meeting after wich the girls started to get butterflies. I'm glad they had the afternoon race, it gave them time to calm down. I decided to run an outlining pit so we left them a little early at around 11:30. The Chase Motorsports 1395 was scheduled to leave the line in the second spot. Every lap by they would get a little more comfortable and pick up more time. On the third lap the came in the pits and picked up two more passengers, one of our crew's wife Alicia and my cousins soon to be wife Mindy. All 4 girls finished out the remainder of the laps with all 4 girls high fiving across the finish line in second place. It was a great experience and I can't wait until next year.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000