Search results

1. D

2017 Baja 1000 - YOU PICK EM'! & OFFICIAL TRACKING THREAD

Not sure of the 2907 start time, but at their average moving speed of 36.5mph, with 163 miles still to go, that puts them at almost 4 1/2 hours to finish. So that will likely be outside of their cutoff time, but still admirable to finish the race...
  2. D

Annnnd, Creed is stopped in the Arctic Cat at RM268. Cafro is about to overtake him for 3rd place...
  3. D

For being 275 miles into the race, that is one of the tightest groupings I've seen of UTV's (Turbo class). Usually, there are cars scattered all the way back to the start line.. But they are from RM182 to RM276...In years past, on the peninsula run, 1/4 of them are all the way back to Ensenada...
  4. D

Might help that my wife does some contract work for Google and other internet companies, so we have some great internet speeds and refresh rates. Or maybe, just being out in bum-f^%$-Egypt has some benefits...
  5. D

Still tracking on my PC Joey.... never stopped
  6. D

2966-Millen at 225.9 in the lead, 2919-Schueler at 219.5 in 2nd, 2907-Creed at 218.7 in 3rd... Just waiting for the typical self destruction of the Cat as usual...
  7. D

I'm showing 2966-Millen at RM175, 2919-Schueler at RM173.3, 2918- Lambert at RM171.6, 2975- Cafro at RM 169 and 2907- Creed at 166 as of a couple minutes ago..
  8. D

Anyone into guns??

Good video on the Aimpoint Sights. Notice, he still has flip-up iron sights on the rifles.
  9. D

Anyone into guns??

Links to some of the goodies... Flip up sights https://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Industries-Rear-Flip-Up-Sights/dp/B00109IAX4 https://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Industries-Flip-Up-Front-Height/dp/B000VYQBSU/ref=pd_lpo_200_lp_t_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FD7RP45AM5GAE1M3T9VD Red-dot sights...
  10. D

Anyone into guns??

Joey, you might get a hold of Taran Tactical and see what they suggest for the M&P 15. Me personally, I would probably leave it alone and upgrade a little better rifle. Sorry, had to say that. My favorite is the SIG MCX. There were a couple of versions of rifling on the M&P, 1 in 8 and 1 in 9...
  11. D

What new UTVs might we see in 2015?

Cool... I hope AC does step up in the engine realm. I'm hoping to announce some great news on our FB page soon concerning our racing program and teams. Maybe help AC out in the status dept...
  12. D

I agree, sales aren't as good as I would like, but the SXS sales are better than the ATV or snow product. There will always be rumors, I don't care if Yamaha and AC merged, heck, that would benefit me, but until it happens, I'm one to say, rumors only muddy the waters. I sell and service...
  13. D

Wow Steve, do you have a hate for Arctic Cat or what.... I can tell you, that CEO was fired by AC. He was also very anti-ATV and was only concerned in profit shares, not viable product. But that is changed. And the leadership at AC has committed to bringing AC up in the market. So the Wildcat...
  14. D

Yeah, could be, but that is just an agreement for Arctic Cat to buy snowmobile engines. AC has a top-notch engine facility for their ATVs and SXSs in St Cloud MN.
  15. D

Since when did Yamaha buy out Arctic Cat? Rumor Fail! I'm curious as to what Kawasaki does, they are being awful quiet lately....
  16. D

2-NEW UTV Classes for SCORE Desert Challenge!!

Now this is the way to grow the sport. Will be worth the drive from NM.... Hopefully like it was mentioned before, the prices will be reasonable for Stock UTVs.
  17. D

ITP - UTVUnderground FORUM MEMBER GIVEAWAY! FREE WHEELS AND TIRES!

ITP needs to pick me to win!! Cause.... just cause.... Really, I need some awesome ITP Beadlocks to go with my already awesome ITP UltraCross tires...
  18. D

KOH COUNTDOWN

Shhhsssshhhh Blake, what happens in the Heights, stays in the Heights... LOL :D
  19. D

KOH COUNTDOWN

We saw the Teryxs constantly going past our camp at the Heights. On one of the Teryx runs, I was driving my pit Wildcat and just blended in with the Teryxs for a short ways..I think the Kawi guys were afraid I was going to do something crazy, but when I got by my camp, I just peeled off. Had to...
  20. D

KOH COUNTDOWN

Just finishing up the last few parts of our car. Camping at the Heights, arriving Saturday. Got a caravan of racers from New Mexico and Colorado headed out together..see you all there.
  21. D

KOH UTV RACERS PLEASE READ!!!!

That's great news Joey. We know now that the best in UTV media will be covering. Thanks for doing that!
  22. D

2014 King Of The Hammers - YES there will be a UTV Race!

Who dat???? Oh, you mean you Joey D!!! Okay, thanks for covering it and helping it grow in popularity...
  23. D

Dan, the rules posted for 2014 on the Ultra 4 site show different. "6.6 UTV Class 6.6.1 A UTV is defined as a standard production based side by side 2 or more seat vehicle. 1000 CC or less motor with powersports based drivetrain. Any non-production based belt driven vehicles must be approved...
  24. D

KOH COUNTDOWN

Cool, I'll be in a white Duramax, pulling a 34ft GN race car hauler. Setting up a white 10x20 garage tent with Arctic Cat and Dunlap Racing banners. Hope to see everyone there...
  25. D

KOH COUNTDOWN

I plan on being there. Who is camping at the Heights? I'm arriving Saturday evening.
  26. D

http://files.heavymetalconcepts.com/JohnsonValley/HMC%20Johnson%20Valley%2015x24%20Mile%20Map.jpg
  27. D

Where are you racing? Racers data base.

King of the Hammers Ultra 4 Series Dirt Riot Series Dunlap Racing will have a car in these series.
  28. D

I have no problem with qualifying, I think that's great. But a schedule should be posted, so we can plan our time out there. This unknown, rumor mill stuff doesn't do anyone good. Let's run a professional race and have fun, not have a guessing game.
  29. D

If they are doing that, then they need to get word out and get it posted.
  30. D

What's going to grow this sport? (UTV)

I agree with Joey's statement. Does everyone drive $75G DuraMax's or Dodge Cummins. Does everyone have a Ferrari or Corvette parked in their garage. No! Theybuy (or should buy) within their means. As a dealer, I have new models of different 4X4 UTVs from just over $9,000 and up. Arctic Cat...
  31. D

What's going to grow this sport? (UTV)

Several have hit good ideas. Me as a dealer, participant, fabricator and racer, I get to see it from many different angles. As a dealer, the manufacturers need to realize that they need to support their dealers more now than ever before. As mentioned by others, this is partially a transition...
  32. D

Sandmobiles! And on February 5th, rockmobiles... :-) How's the techno music business coming along. I heard you were going to have a vendor's tent at 109 Nitto, selling Beiber and Brittney Spears music. :eek:
  33. D

Really!! What did you do, drop back to sportsman class? :D
  34. D

My point exactly. KOH doesn't bring Arctic Cat any more attention than just a bunch of good ol'boys going for a ride. What KOH needs is someone to step up and work with Dave, produce an event that gathers more attention. UTV Underground, UTV Off Road Mag and a few others really do a...
  35. D

True, NASCAR gets auto sponsors, but they have something KOH doesn't, live tv coverage on major networks. So far, the channels that broadcast KOH (not live of course), aren't available here except on satellite tv... so it is different. Yeah, I wished Arctic Cat and others would step up, but...
  36. D

Sending a race team though is different than sponsoring a race. Arctic Cat and Yamaha have both sponsored Rally On The Rocks before, as well as other consumer direct events. They appear to put their money more towards those that want to participate in recreation with their machines, rather than...
  37. D

Just got word that another guy from NM is racing KOH in the Pro UTV class, but hadn't registered yet because he was waiting on his pit crew to commit. He's coming now. As for KOH being the toughest race in the world, that's why I am coming to race it. As long as it's not impossible, then it's...
  38. D

Hopefully Dave is using his comment as a ploy to get more racers committed. But I'm worried that the difficulty of the course last year is scaring some. But if they are scared, then they should enter in the Sportsman class and bypass some of the rough stuff. Only 19 in the Pro class though, then...
  39. D

Simon, it works out for me to camp outside and I have no problem giving up the garage area. It is distressing that Dave feels he needs to drop UTVs though and says that there aren't enough entries. As for the complaints that the course is too hard or too easy or too whatever, I feel that it's...
  40. D

Ultra 4 is falling behind, I've been entered, paid in full plus already had paid my USAC license for a year, by December 7th. Shannon has kept telling me that she will get the list updated, but there were, quote, "A lot to update". Several of us racing in the UTV class have already given up...
  41. D

KOH COUNTDOWN

Do you really want to trust a stock cage? Stock cages are for trail riding in conditions the manufacturers would like us to be in (ideal conditions).
  42. D

KOH COUNTDOWN

Where is everyone camping? Underground Town or Hammer Town. I'll be there with my new car (Wildcat #1921). It'll be a blast...
  43. D

Got my entry in, #1921 in Pro Class. Just finish welding up and put back together.... See you on the lakebed....
  44. D

Official UTVUnderground 2013 Baja 1000 UPDATES

All trackers just updated Running order is: 1934 Leading at RM737 1932 in 2nd at RM735 1904 in 3rd at RM700 1948 in 4th at RM635 1930 in 5th at RM620 1908 in 6th at RM596 (sitting still) 1907 in 7th at RM568 (sitting still) 1901 in 8th at RM553 1947 in 9th at RM543 (sitting still)...
  45. D

Baja 1K Update: Holz Racing's Scott Kiger (1934 Polaris) is reporting in with a 9 minute lead over Matt Park (1932 Polaris). Cory Sappington (1904 Can Am) is bringing up 3rd and Kevin Fuller (1948 Arctic Cat) appears to be in 4th. Sean Cook (1930 Polaris) looks to be in 5th, but his tracker...
  46. D

Cool, finally an update on the car. Guess that 5+ hour lack of updates on tracking made a difference. I hope the same is said for the 1933 car, since it hasn't updated in a few hours either... Don't trust the spot trackers...
  47. D

Only problem is, many of those markers haven't updated in 2 to 3 hours... so actual position is unkown. Best we can see is that the running order is Matt Parks (1932), Cory Sappington (1904), Scott Kiger (1934), and then either Kevin Fuller (1948) or Todd Romano/Hans Waage (1933)... Until we...
  48. D

Joey, right now it is showing Matt Parks leading at RM650, followed by Cory Sappington at RM635. The tracker is hanging up, last update for 1933 was almost 2 hours ago, so they should be somewhere close behind Cory. 4th is Kevin Fuller in the 1948 Arctic Cat. But somewhere in there is Scott...
  49. D

As per Danny Flower: Danny Flower at cocos. hans park nut to butt Sounds like the race is staying tight and fast for Polaris, Arctic Cat and Can Am is close behind... At the halfway point, anyone can win...
  50. D

Joey, got anyone with eyes on the ground at the Hwy 1 crossing on the bottom of the loop? This from what I've been able to find, but needs confirmation. The race is close between the 1932, 1933, 1905, 1948 and 1904 cars.. no word on Sean Cook's car though. With the 1900 UTVs coming up on the...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000