Search results

1. D

2014 Vegas to Reno race stories

So I'll start. As most of you know I raced my new Maverick Max. We built the car in, I think 2 weeks, it's all kinda blury. I headed off to Tech at 2:15am on wednesday and arrived in vegas at 7:30. My MaverickMax arrived some time during the drivers meeting, Thanks to the Murrays for teching it...
  2. D

Baja 500 what did you break

I saw a post like this on RDZ and thought it was interesting. So please post what you broke at the Baja 500. 1904 Desert Toyz we broke 2 steer racks, 3 tie rod end bolts, bent 1 tie rod end, cracked the frame where the steer rack mounts and the steer rack mount, (Thanks to Jagged X for lending...
  3. D

Desert Toyz Racing Team SS 300 story

At 5:30 am on Saturday May 3 the Desert Toyz built Can-Am Maverick lined up in the 21st starting position in the Pro UTV class. There were 28 total UTV’s entered. Scott Sappington , the older brother of Cory Sappington, drove the first 172 mile of the race with Tyler Dixon navigating. They...
  4. D

2014 Parker 250 results and stories

This was the largest UTV field ever to race BITD, 33 UTV's started. Please post your story, or a brief description of what happened. Thx
  5. D

2013 Baja 1000 pit info

Hello Baja 1000 UTV racers. This morning I had a great conversation with Mag 7 pit service. They have agreed to offer UTV races a discounted rate for pit service at the Baja 1000. $650 This is for full pit service with fuel service. They have their own dump cans with or without dry brake. The...
  6. D

Maverick parts needed

I need rear lower a-arms for my Maverick. They need to be new or slightly used, but must be straight. I have a race on Oct 12th plz email or call. deserttoyz@hot mail.com 602 769 6164 Cory No longer needed 10-2-13
  7. D

Baja 500 prize money

One of the most common asked questions when I tell people I desert race is; "Do you win money?" and "How much does it cost to race Baja?" So I thought I would share that info with you from my 2013 Baja 500 race. My prize money for 2nd place from SCORE was $1485.00 and there were 10 entree's in...
  8. D

Baja 500 stats "just sayin"

So Its been a couple days now and I am finally rested up. I was just thinking about what a accomplishment it was to not only finish the Baja 500 but to finish second with a stock Maverick was huge. Almost all of my competition had me way out gunned. Here is my comparison list; Jagged X; Lots of...
  9. D

Chase help for Baja 500

We are headed down to the Baja 500 thursday morning at 9, leaving from peoria AZ. I need 2 or 3 people to help chase the pacific side. All expences paid. We are comming back monday. Please call me asap if you can make it. If you are in Califorina I can get you a ride down. You do not need a...
  10. D

Desert Racing Commander for sale or rent

My 2011 Desert Racing Commander is for sale $21000.00 It has all the good stuff; Elka shocks, OMF wheels, DTZ suspension, Wicked steer box, PCI radio and GPS, IRC mount kit, Freash air, etc...... This UTV is race ready, all you need is helmit and fire suit. This Commander can also be rented for...
  11. D

Desert Toyz Racing Team 2013 Mint 400

Desert Toyz Racing Team places 5<SUP>th </SUP>in Pro UTV , 1<SUP>st</SUP> in DSR1 and 4<SUP>th</SUP> in Sportsman. Cory Sappington team owner had 5 UTVs racing on his team at the Mint 400. Cory and teammate Eric Fitch drove the 1904 Can-Am Maverick in Pro UTV, Brad Griego and Carlo Caya...
  12. D

Desert Toyz Can-Am X team San Felipe race report

Wow what a grind!!! I too built my Maverick in 2 weeks with a lot of late nights and the last 2 days with no sleep at all! I was hoping the build would be the hardest part, not so. So we get to San Felipe just in time to be the very last vehicle thru contingency and tech. No problems at tech...
  13. D

Desert Toyz race Commander for rent or buy

Rent my race ready Commander for $2500 and race the Mint 400. This is a arrive and drive program. Pit support is included, just show up with your safety gear. I can even provide a navigator if you need one. Rental money can be applied to purchase. For more info e-mail or call...
  14. D

Can-AM Commander continues to lead 2012 BITD Championship

Can-Am Race Report <O:p</O:p <O:p</O:p BITD Bluewater Desert Challenge/Parker, AZ (10/13-14/12)- The Can-Am / Desert Toyz Racing Team of Cory Sappington and new teammate Eric Fitch (the “secret weapon”) secured a second place overall finish at the Best in the Desert Bluewater Desert Challenge...
  15. D

I need a Rhino cylinder head

Anyone have a good used Rhino 660 cylinder head for sale plz e-mail me [email protected]
  16. D

Building 2 Commanders for WORCS need rule info

I am building 2 CanAm Commander 1000s for the WORCS series. Any one know who to talk to about the rules? I could not find any info on the website, other than a table of classes.
  17. D

Back from Baja 500 w Avid Racing

Oh la! Just got back from Baja 500. Baja Billy, his son Nate Dog and I went to chase the bay side for Mike Lanskey and his Avid racing, H Town, Turn Key, Canam Commander. I was schedualed to drive the race Commander from mile 100 to 240. We arrived thursday night at the Bahia Hotel in down town...
  18. D

Live Desert Toyz Racing Commander build web cast

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="480" height="296" id="utv313993"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false&brand=embed&cid=7392168&v3=1"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="movie"...
  19. D

Desert Toyz Racing Commander build

Desert Toyz Sappington Racing Commander 1000 build starts today. Only 19 days till the Best In The Desert series, Parker 250. Like Smokey and the Bandit said, I got a long ways to go and a short time to get there! I will post am and pm pics each day as my build progresses. I will be doing all...
  20. D

Cory goes Ca-Am !

October 31 2010 Yes it’s true, after 5 years of racing the same UTV, Cory is going Commander! 1000cc that is, look out! This machine hauls mail and butt! Cory Sappington test drove the new Commander 1000XT on 10/27 in the desert around Peoria AZ. After the test drive, Sappington said “I...
  21. D

BITD/UTVRA 2011 rules update

Best in the Desert/UTVRA, class 1900, Pro production UTV rule changes for 2011. The engine cc limit will be 1000cc. There will be no weight restrictions. All other Pro production UTV rules will remain the same. The "SR1" class name will change to "DSR1" This is a street bike power UTV class...
  22. D

Desert Toyz Yamaha Rhino takes 2nd at Parker 250

Desert Toyz Yamaha Rhino Race Team finishes 2<SUP>nd </SUP>At the Best In The Desert series season opener!<O:p</O:p Time on course 4:22:55 Distance traveled 160 Average speed 37mph Desert Toyz Yamaha Rhino Race Team started their 5<SUP>th</SUP> year, and 31<SUP>st</SUP> consecutive, Best...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000