Search results

1. D

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

We sat in 2 bottle necks in the first 80 miles. Total stopped time was 30 minutes. The second bottle neck I found away around thanks to my navigator! That put us in front of Sims. I started 23rd. I was told we were 3rd on the road at Santo Tomas. We raced our 2015 Maverick turbo with 5100 miles...
  2. D

How did you get into UTV desert racing?

It was 1960 something, when my Dad opened up the first offroad shop in Phoenix Arizona, It was of course called "The Buggy Shop". I was one year old when my dad took me to Baja for my first race, I've been racing ever since. It was 2004 on new year eve when my Dad pasted away. As a tribute to...
  3. D

New BITD points rule for 2015

I dont like the "throw out race" or the "finish bonus". I think if a team commits to racing the season, then they should get all the points they earn. The current points system with the throw out race, awards teams for having a poor finish or DNF and penalizes teams that do well all year, that...
  4. D

Burnett Signs With Polaris - UTVUnderground Exclusive

I'm very confident there will be a lot of "Kleenex" tissues needed for team Polaris during the 2015 season. I have requested a sponsorship from Kleenex so I will have plenty on hand!! :) it's going to be a great year!! Happy Thanksgiving to all UTV racers!! I pray we all have a great day!!
  5. D

What did you race before you raced a UTV?

In the 1970's I raced class 1 and class 2. In the 80's and 90's etc.. Quad motocross and desert, class 1/2 1600, class 5, class 10, pro truck, trophy truck. I never was a driver on the trophy truck team just a chase guy. Started racing UTV's in 2005. 35+ years of desert racing
  6. D

NEW 2015 Can-Am Maverick TURBO

I put over 1000 very very very hard miles, in all kinds of terrain, on the new 2 seat Turbo Maverick and had no failures! I did every thing I could to try to break the drive belt and couldn't do it. The new Turbo Maverick is Cory Sappington approved, and by far the most fun UTV to drive you can...
  7. D

Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

The forurm posts had nothing to do with the decision. Everyone knows Casey dosen't read fourms.
  8. D

2014 Vegas to Reno race stories

So I'll start. As most of you know I raced my new Maverick Max. We built the car in, I think 2 weeks, it's all kinda blury. I headed off to Tech at 2:15am on wednesday and arrived in vegas at 7:30. My MaverickMax arrived some time during the drivers meeting, Thanks to the Murrays for teching it...
  9. D

Baja 500 what did you break

I saw a post like this on RDZ and thought it was interesting. So please post what you broke at the Baja 500. 1904 Desert Toyz we broke 2 steer racks, 3 tie rod end bolts, bent 1 tie rod end, cracked the frame where the steer rack mounts and the steer rack mount, (Thanks to Jagged X for lending...
  10. D

Can Am Monster Maveric Wins Baja 500

Forgot shocks and tie rods.
  11. D

Ok to clarifi I race a Maverick with safety modifications and 95% of the stock parts; suspension, engine, clutch, drive train, axels, cv's, knuckles, electronics, and transmission. Modifications are roll cage, seats, seat belts, body panels, air cleaner, exhaust, wheels, tires, clutch springs...
  12. D

For the record I race a Maverick with 95% of the stock parts and all of the safety modifications required. I race the marked course, no short cutting. I saw many places on the beach section to short cut. I wish we all would race the same course at the SCORE events. This is not directed at any 1...
  13. D

BAJA 500 thread

2014 Baja 500 UTV draw order 1 Sappington 1904 Can-Am 2 Lopez 1949 Polaris 3 Estes 1944 Kawasaki 4 Murray 1917 Can-Am 5 Behnke 1937 Polaris 6 Angal 1920 Polaris 7 Burnett 1905 Can-Am 8 Pucelik 1907 Artic Cat 9 Cook 1930 Polaris 10 McFarland...
  14. D

Desert Toyz Racing Team SS 300 story

At 5:30 am on Saturday May 3 the Desert Toyz built Can-Am Maverick lined up in the 21st starting position in the Pro UTV class. There were 28 total UTV’s entered. Scott Sappington , the older brother of Cory Sappington, drove the first 172 mile of the race with Tyler Dixon navigating. They...
  15. D

SilverState 300 Draw for UTV's

My brother Scott and I will be comming from the back and smokin ya all with our new CST Tires!!! Our Maverick is wicked fast and we are hungry for a win!!! Sorry if we blow your doors off as we go by! I love this course! See ya soon
  16. D

Official: 2014 Mint 400 race thread

Where is this posted on RDC? I would like to set the record straight over there.
  17. D

That is a cool pic. Steve is correct he never nerfed us. We passed each other several times and he never nerfed us. Steve drove very professionally as I would expect. Thank you Steve!
  18. D

I counted 8 car/truck trash penalties and 7 UTV. I don't belive we are being singled out.
  19. D

My pit stall was 240 and the other UTV's that I prepped were in 239,238,237. The email I send to Rodger after San Felipe asked if course marking was open to everyone. There was nothing said about Marks "legitimate" great finish, there was no "speculation", no comments about a "Mark/Rodger...
  20. D

Not sure what your implying Reid, but when I left my pit I picked up all the stakes and caution tape that were posted there for me. I also picked up the trash in the 3 other pits around me, Then crossed the track and pick up trash that had blown into the desert. I disagree with the way Casey has...
  21. D

Jason Frasier 206-300-9956

Jason Frasier 206-300-9956
  22. D

Official: SCORE San Felipe 250 thread

Desert Toyz Racing team will be there in our new Maverick Max.
  23. D

2014 Parker 250 results and stories

This was the largest UTV field ever to race BITD, 33 UTV's started. Please post your story, or a brief description of what happened. Thx
  24. D

Baja 1000: What took you out?

We had 4 flat tires. 2 we changed on course, 1 in the pit at mikes sky ranch and 1 at the highway after mikes. We also got water in the cvt at the base of the mikes run in deep water. It took about 10 minutes to dry out the belt and continue. We got stuck in 3 different bottle necks between rm...
  25. D

2013 SCORE TECATE Baja 1000 roll call

Shock mounting points are open. 1 shock per wheel. any position. see ya in Baja. I am staying at the RV park at Esterio Beach if anyone needs to find me. I will be arriving tuesday evening. My Mexico phone numbers are 602-769-6164 480-248-4903 480-437-0704 480-437-4903
  26. D

2013 Baja 1000 pit info

They will have pits every 50 to 60 miles. You need to fill out the online application to get the map of the pits. You can also call them for that info
  27. D

2013 Baja 1000 pit info

Hello Baja 1000 UTV racers. This morning I had a great conversation with Mag 7 pit service. They have agreed to offer UTV races a discounted rate for pit service at the Baja 1000. $650 This is for full pit service with fuel service. They have their own dump cans with or without dry brake. The...
  28. D

Maverick parts needed

I need rear lower a-arms for my Maverick. They need to be new or slightly used, but must be straight. I have a race on Oct 12th plz email or call. deserttoyz@hot mail.com 602 769 6164 Cory No longer needed 10-2-13
  29. D

2013 SCORE TECATE Baja 1000 roll call

Of course the Desert Toyz Team will be there! Me and my teammate Eric Fitch will be sharing the driving. We will have a new navigator joining the team Cassy Fitch, Eric's sister. This will be her first race! She will be in the maverick for 100 miles! All joining us this race is Jason Fraiser and...
  30. D

Polaris Another Amazing XP4 Build by Thad at Fabwerx

Cool UTV. Just to be clear, the BITD blue strobe light must be purchased from Jim Conner racing and is a spec light. The blue light in your Rigid bar should be solid not flashing. Your Rigid bar should have a flashing amber a solid amber and a solid blue. Call me if you have questions. See ya at...
  31. D

Baja 500 prize money

My sponsors are supporting me with product not money. I do have a teammate and he paid more than half.
  32. D

Baja 500 prize money

I have been going down to Baja for more than 20 years. I have never had any problems at the border or with the people. In 2000 I had to chase off a few drunk mexicans with my baseball bat, but that was fun for me! :D If you want to race Baja, I will be happy to take you under my wing and walk...
  33. D

Baja 500 prize money

Those fees totaled $2300
  34. D

Baja 500 prize money

One of the most common asked questions when I tell people I desert race is; "Do you win money?" and "How much does it cost to race Baja?" So I thought I would share that info with you from my 2013 Baja 500 race. My prize money for 2nd place from SCORE was $1485.00 and there were 10 entree's in...
  35. D

2013 BITD VEGAS to RENO

Of course Desert Toyz Racing will be there. Our Maverick just needs a fuel cooler and some fresh tires. The Maverick ran so strong at the Baja 500 we wont be making any other changes. We will continue to race will all stock parts and will send the other teams home from V to R licking their...
  36. D

Baja 500 stats "just sayin"

Yes Matt racing in Baja it like no other. It has been a long time since I had been in a vehicle driving in the Baja, I forgot just how tough it is. The terrain changes is like no other! Then throw in fog and the mist. I also have to say that the Mexican race fans are also like know other. I...
  37. D

Baja 500 Lifestyle

great video thx for the love
  38. D

Baja 500 stats "just sayin"

So Its been a couple days now and I am finally rested up. I was just thinking about what a accomplishment it was to not only finish the Baja 500 but to finish second with a stock Maverick was huge. Almost all of my competition had me way out gunned. Here is my comparison list; Jagged X; Lots of...
  39. D

Official UTVUnderground 2013 Baja 500 Updates & Photo Thread

There were 4 guys on my team Cory Sappington driver all 500 miles, Donovan Cain navigator start to mile 203, Tyler Dixon navigator 203 to finish, Benny Pena chase guy start to finish. Tyler and Ben had never been to Mexico and Donovan had only been to Mexico once. This was Tyler's 2nd time...
  40. D

Chase help for Baja 500

We are headed down to the Baja 500 thursday morning at 9, leaving from peoria AZ. I need 2 or 3 people to help chase the pacific side. All expences paid. We are comming back monday. Please call me asap if you can make it. If you are in Califorina I can get you a ride down. You do not need a...
  41. D

Desert Racing Commander for sale or rent

My 2011 Desert Racing Commander is for sale $21000.00 It has all the good stuff; Elka shocks, OMF wheels, DTZ suspension, Wicked steer box, PCI radio and GPS, IRC mount kit, Freash air, etc...... This UTV is race ready, all you need is helmit and fire suit. This Commander can also be rented for...
  42. D

Desert Toyz Racing Team 2013 Mint 400

That was not my tire. My rental had 1904 stamped on his wheels. I did not loose or leave any tires on the track. I will call BITD on monday and try to get that fixxed. My rental ran 12" wheels and I ran 14" wheels, hopefully it will get straightened out.
  43. D

Desert Toyz Racing Team 2013 Mint 400

Desert Toyz Racing Team places 5<SUP>th </SUP>in Pro UTV , 1<SUP>st</SUP> in DSR1 and 4<SUP>th</SUP> in Sportsman. Cory Sappington team owner had 5 UTVs racing on his team at the Mint 400. Cory and teammate Eric Fitch drove the 1904 Can-Am Maverick in Pro UTV, Brad Griego and Carlo Caya...
  44. D

To all Mint 400 UTV/DSR1 racers

The buggie/truck guys teched my UTV. The light was working then, we were never told that the light was not working during the race.
  45. D

Desert Toyz Can-Am X team San Felipe race report

Wow what a grind!!! I too built my Maverick in 2 weeks with a lot of late nights and the last 2 days with no sleep at all! I was hoping the build would be the hardest part, not so. So we get to San Felipe just in time to be the very last vehicle thru contingency and tech. No problems at tech...
  46. D

2013 SCORE Tecate San Felipe 250 - official thread

Desert Toyz Can-Am X Team will be racing along with Murray Racing. We will both be in our new Mavericks. Can-Am has a great contingency program for SCORE. I am so excited to race in Baja!!!
  47. D

BITD weight and teardown

I have called Kroyer. The program is; you give them your rzr 900 engine and $10.000, they give you a 986cc (this allows for 1 rebore to a 998cc before having to by new cylinders, you can request the 998cc) The engine package does include all the things Matt metioned. The rzr 900 engine can be...
  48. D

Desert Toyz race Commander for rent or buy

Rent my race ready Commander for $2500 and race the Mint 400. This is a arrive and drive program. Pit support is included, just show up with your safety gear. I can even provide a navigator if you need one. Rental money can be applied to purchase. For more info e-mail or call...
  49. D

2013 BITD Season Preview / Parker 250

Great story, wish I was in it, all those hours building the sport and no love! :(
  50. D

BITD Henderson starting order

1904 Sappington will be there of course. I did not get my entree form in before I left for Baja. I went down with TT 26 a brand new Jimco. I was the lead Chase guy and ended up chasing the whole race ( no sleep for 47 hours). Started by heading to Ojos Negros then towards San Flepie. At rm mile...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000