Search results

1. B

All UTV's Utv long distance ride

Not sure the length of the ride is an issue - compare 4 x 50 mile rides = 200 mile ride. We do desert races that are in the 150 mile range - only stopped for fuel. Speed / course is also a factor - racing places additional stresses vs trail riding. Up keep / maintenance will always be a factor...
  2. B

Electric UTV charging problem

If you suspect a bad battery- suggest contacting Joe at 2nd Life Battery - https://www.2ndlifebattery.com. They are a sponsor of the King of the Kastle Desert 100 UTV race in OR. Joe is a wizard and hybrid type batteries. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. B

Need help

Would ask on minibuggy.net forums. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. B

King of the Kastle - Millican OR - May 2&3 2020

After years of hard work - the King of the Kastle 100 UTV Desert Race is a reality. Being run in Millican OR, it will use part of the historic CODRA course (last run in the 90s). This will be closed course of 5 x 20 mile laps on the picturesque and varying Central Oregon terrain. Besides...
  5. B

Who wants to qualify UTV's for The Mint 400 at King of The Hammers?

Is there going to be UTV qualifying at KOH ?!? - looking at UTV Rally class. Planning on going down to KOH with our Gambler for HooptieX - and needing to know if I need a bigger trailer to also bring the YXZ as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. B

Who wants to qualify UTV's for The Mint 400 at King of The Hammers?

So to clarify? Would qualifying be on the KOH course or a separate course - say the TT track? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Guess you missed it - Talon already finished... Can Am has a huge presence and is doing well. The few YXZ’s are running respectable. Robby is having a brutal day - and it’s only day 3... This like a 2 weeks of races in Baja with no GPS to follow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. B

Best UTV for highway use and daily extended street driving

Would rather buy something from an “old guy” than anything at the auction. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. B

Best UTV for highway use and daily extended street driving

4 seats, road use, 12k - tough mix. My thoughts- YXZ - manual trans, low & stable, good speed capability. Wolverine x4 - good power, 4 seats Honda Pioneer 5 - hood power, 4 seats, but funky bench seat. Teryx4 - 4 seats but not hi speed machine. Old XP’s - can be had in 2 and 4 seat versions-...
  10. B

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Apple store - Dakar Rally 2019 RDC Dakar Rally Stadium Super Trucks JB Racing Portugal Friends Ricardo Romas Brasil No Dakar 2019 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. B

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

* Green flag on 010719 * >Dakar app is working - lots of cool content >RDC - expecting lots of coverage > DTV - 220 NBCSHD Rally >Dish - 159 >Social Media - tons of content Lots of X3’s, handful of YXZ and XP The XX’s are entered in the Car class - that will spur conversation... With lots...
  12. B

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

Based upon my almost 2 decades of off road experience, and plenty of it involved with kids off road motorsports - my observation is us patents (myself included) are not the flat billed energy drink swilling yahoos often depicted in the internet out takes that are throwing our kids into thunder...
  13. B

New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

My rubber band driven Teryx would pull the front wheels up, as would the MTEG car (musta been the 350cc Honda power). Cool tech and feature- yes. Fear of racing against one - never. Once they come out and get some hours racked up - that will be the proof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. B

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

Having experience in kids off road motorsports - bumpers tend to have the opposite effect of there intended use. Skid plates are good - do not recall a stock sxs with out one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. B

New here

For bolt ones: Weller makes a rear one. Krash makes a front one - a hint on installing it - we ground off the powder coat where the clamp goes - also welded on a short piece of 1.75x120 DOM to the frame and butted up to the clamp - though is during a hard hit this will keep the clamp from...
  16. B

New here

Did you add some braces during the rebuild - Krash, Texiera, Weller, etc? We also found the YXZ (along with Teryx & Mavericks) benefit from a second A pillar tube and one from the B pillar to frqm @ the suspension pivot (aka triangulation). For some reason I can not post photos. Sent from my...
  17. B

New here

Welcome - nice YXZ- even better job on rebuilding it yourself.
  18. B

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Been really quiet here - and honestly Dakar was not even of interest to me this year... Then Robby Gordon enters with 3 SpeedCats/Textron XX’s - with Robby Gordon, Cole Potts and Blade Hildebrand as drivers - as of course all sorts of typical social media pre-race drama ensues. And the Alba...
  19. B

UTV Rally Class added to The Mint 400!

Thanks for adding the Rally Class! We are excited - been wanting to run the Mint400 for a long time. Now gotta get the YXZ done. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. B

Hoping someone can help me with 7 spline lug nuts

Found all sorts of possible options on Am a zon, including a few kits. And when all else fails there is the old weld a nut on the end trick. Good luck.
  21. B

Racers burned at Lucerne

Rails are good designs - only so many ways to make them. Did notice that some vendors have AN style hoses (Teflon-stainless braid) and fittings that work with those rails. Aviation fire sleeve is good stuff to. My top 3 safety concerns - 5pt belts, cage, fire extinguisher. Will ride this...
  22. B

Racers burned at Lucerne

Looked at my YXZ - yup - plastic fuel rail, and plastic lines, injector bodies, fittings, pump, tank etc. Is it an issue - who knows. But consider the auto industry uses the same technology with minimal issues. Then to the average Honda does not experience the vibration or flying debris a SxS...
  23. B

Racers burned at Lucerne

Sad deal - wish for the best to all involved. Fact is fire is all of our worst fear - has happened before and will happen again. Be it garage built SxS to mega $ CL1 & TT - it happens. What has changed over time is EFI and fuel pressure - the 9/1600 and even our old 7s were carbed, and even then...
  24. B

Maverick XDS Race Clutching

Check you PM Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. B

2017 BITD MINT 400 DRAW ORDER

Agreed - it did seem unusually quiet around here Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. B

PNWOR Uncle Al's Auto Starvation Ridge 100 UTV Challenge

PNWOR kicks off the 2017 season with the 2nd Annual Uncle Al's Automotive Stavation Ridge 100 UTV Challenge to be held April 01 near Goldendale WA. This UTV only event will consist of 10 laps on the 10+ mile track. This course located will have dirt, rocks, mud, deep mud, rocks, water, dust...
  27. B

Is this legal for the Pro Production class?

Thought I read the 17 had a different front layout vs 16 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. B

Calling "Its Your Legacy"

Been watching this circus - So IyL - sounds like you have some past experience with classes / manufactures running a series amuck - 7s, SODA, MTEG, CORR in the Midwest? Some of us know these past topics should be revisited and maybe learn from them - as to not be repeated. But the public...
  29. B

BITD Fire

Spoke with Cory this week and this came up - he did have an issue at RM 107 but it was NOT the fuel related issues discussed on RDC. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. B

Kids UTV Racing

PNWOR (Pacific NorthWest Off Road) has a kids 170 / Trophy Kart class - and we have had a growing turn out of kids. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. B

PNWOR 2016 Race Series Calender

The final 2 rounds of the 2016 season will be held Nov 5 & 6th at the large and fast Eddieville track outside of Centerville WA. The final event will feature 2 days of racing, with racers vying for the years top spots. This race will be held rain or shine - so the racers could be in dust /...
  32. B

Very Cool Hyundai Pickup Truck

Cool concept - especially if it comes with a diesel and 4wd. This type of vehicle is popular in non-us markets - think Utes in Australia, VW Aramok. Can see this creating / filling the compact pickup market. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. B

Polaris Industries Inc. Announces Agreement to Acquire Transamerican Auto Parts (4 Wheel Parts)

Just saw this. Interesting business move indeed considering the events of the past year. Looking for additional product distribution channels?? Diversification of assets / liability?? It is huge news indeed - just not sure why the move or what will change. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. B

Rzr4xp, rzr s1000 or yxz??? Need unbiased opinions

D - none of the above. Nikal is right - none are ideal options. Don't let a low price influence your decision - buy what fits your needs best. In the long run you (and family) will be much happier. My thoughts: For under 60" consider a Teryx T4 (bullet proof). For 64" wide 4 sealers with big...
  35. B

The second half of the 2016 season kicks off on Sept 10th with Round #5 of the PNWOR Race Series to be held at the Stradeline OHV Park outside of McCleary WA. Returning to this fast and technical track provides driver challenges and great spectator viewing. This will be sure to offer more...
  36. B

Official UTVUnderground 2016 BITD Vegas To Reno Update Thread

935 - CT Raceworx / Bill Zemak Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. B

Round #4 of the PNWOR Race Series rolls into Eddieville WA for the June 25th race. This new track provides great viewing of its wide open design. This will be sure to offer more exciting racing action of UTV, trucks, ultra4s, buggies and even kids classes. And the entire PNW will be well...
  38. B

Review

Have seen Teryx go for 9999 new. Lot of rugged machine for the $ - V twin, good clutch, rugged drivetrain. So what is the budget?
  39. B

Review

Kawasaki Teryx would be my first choice for a work / Trail rig. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  40. B

Nikola a new UTV Manufacuture coming out soon.

Interesting concept. Looks like some top level real off road parts are being utilized. Just wonder about the range quoted. Stomping in the go fast pedal usually diminishes the range rather quickly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  41. B

Round #2 of the PNWOR happens April 30 at Stradeline Race Park outside of Olympia WA. This short course event will feature classes for UTV's, Limited & Unlimited buggys and trucks, Ultra4's, and now a kids UTV class. We will also have a ATV class. With over 110 registered drivers now, this...
  42. B

PNWOR Starvation Ridge 100.0 UTV Challenge

2 weeks to go! This will be the largest UTV only desert race in the NW. Time to up get those SxS / UTV's prepped, check out our discount code from Pyrotect if you need gear, and we will see everyone April 02.
  43. B

PNWOR Official Release - Tacoma WA - March 07th 2016 Mother Nature and the unruly North Fork of the Toutle River have dealt the Pacific NorthWest Offroad Race (PNWOR) series a mean blow. Despite the best efforts of the PNWOR and Riverdale Raceway crews, the continued unpredictable weather and...
  44. B

Less than 30 days to the opening race. Lots of prep going on in the shops and garages in the NW. And even a new class for the 170/250 rzrs and clones. Word is over 60 drivers registered - 2016 is looking to be a great year on racing here in the PNW. Hope to see lots of past racers and many new...
  45. B

Worcs racing question

As a short course racer who has also raced WORCS up here in WA, we have found most belt issues are usually due heat which is often due to improper set up. The best explanation can be found here...
  46. B

2016 UTV World Championship Announcement

Could not find it in the rules - but can an SR1 type car run in the short course event? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  47. B

PNWOR Starvation Ridge 100.0 UTV Challenge

Just got the event flyer today. This is shaping up to be an incredible event here in the NW.
  48. B

Just got the event flyer today - great off road racing in the NW!
  49. B

Merry Christmas (Donald)

94 rollout was a political event Rotational mass is part of hippie religion
  50. B

Merry Christmas (Donald)

Only if you run them in the front... And are the red rims faster? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000