Search results

1. C

More powerful battery of same dimensions?

I know very little about new battery technologies. On my kids hopped up TRX90 I need a battery with more power. With the added CC's and compression the stock battery barely spins it quick enough and will discharge very quickly if it does not start right up. Is there a type of battery that offers...
  2. C

Need wiring diagram for maverick turbo

Anyone have this? Mine is a 15. I keep blowing injector fuses. Both injector violet wires have continuity to ground. I am assuming that the ecu should provide the ground and the violet wires should be the power.
  3. C

RZR 170 setup questions

First off let me say that I am in Louisiana so my kid won't be racing against your kid so PM me if you would share any "secret" info. Setting up my youngest to race his 170 in XC races. These courses are setup pretty easy for the kids. He is 100lbs and I have to ride along at 172lb. Buggy is...
  4. C

Why don't I see more full head restrain seats being used?

I'm about to buy seats and I am curious why I don't see more seats with head support being used. I have used a Sparco Circuit in my road race car and really like it. I don't want to but a thousand dollar seat for my UTV and realize that I missed some drawback.
  5. C

Has anyone messed with anti-dive on XP1K?

I know it's not legal in many classes, but am curious if anyone has messed with adding anti-dive to the front suspension. Visually it appears to be set up with 0% and certainly drives like it has none. Curious to hear other's thoughts on the subject.
  6. C

Aluminum seats for RZR 1K

Looking at going with an aluminum kirkey seat (both sides) for better support in turns. I am looking at the 10 degree lay back road race seat. Anyone have comments or suggestions? At this time I am not even sure if this seat will fit the vehicle.
  7. C

Polaris Who wants to discuss XP1k suspension?

I made my first ride with my XP1k last week. The terrain was probably close to what desert guys see but I would guess more tight turns. Lots of cross ruts and square edge stuff as well. My immediate impressions are: Front spring rate too soft Rear spring may be too stiff, unsure right now Not...
  8. C

XP1K vs Maverick turbo

I am shopping these two models and have no chance of driving either before purchase. My main question is on handling. Several people have told me complaints about the 1K understeering. With the amount of race winning 1k's out there I feel that if the vehicle does have an understeer issue that it...
  9. C

How to roll the edges of aluminum panels???

How do guys typically roll the edges on panels? Specifically I want to roll the edges over on the panels for my roof and doors.
  10. C

All UTV's Fox bottom out cup shocks

<!-- message --> Has anyone been able to get a list of the lengths avail. for these? It is the new position sensitive fox shocks.
  11. C

Limited slip rear diff.

Anyone familiar with a limited slip type rear diff. that could be made to work in a RZR?
  12. C

All UTV's Rear Toe

I would like to hear from people that have experimented with different rear toe settings on a UTV. It is something that I have been doing alot of research on. Hoping to reduce my understeer on the RZR. My suspension sponsor has said they they "might" make me a set of adjustable rear arms so I...
  13. C

Pinch flat or cut sidewall

How do you tell the difference between a pinch flat & simply a cut? I have had 3 sidewall failures this season. The last one I was running 20psi in the tire so I doubt it is a pinch. Next question: If these are all in fact cuts would I do better with less sidewall (IE 14" wheels)?
  14. C

Camber settings

I would like to hear about your experiences/recommendations for setting the camber on my XC racing RZR. For my type of racing I need very sharp turning with no understeer. The RZR has approx. 1 deg. negative camber stock & it pushes pretty badly. On quads I run as much as -4 deg. I am thinking...
  15. C

XC racer from Louisiana

Hey everyone. I found this site while searching for race oriented UTV information. Looks like alot of hardcore guys here. I have a RZR that I race XC races with. I race with stx-atv in South Texas currently but hope to expand to other areas also. My junk is apart right now as I am bending up a...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000