Search results

1. N

Post Pics of Your Teryx's, Show off you builds

A few pics of a local race team and their Humvee powered Teryx.
  2. N

Polaris 2011-2012 Polaris RZR XP 900 "Known" Starter Area Failure Issue

Brent We are sorry to hear you continue to go through this......that being said you are not alone. A few things to think about: 1. Ensure you have kept good records and documentation. 2. Press the dealership to resubmit the warrantee request as full warrantee consistent with last/most...
  3. N

Small race team trying to secure insurance policy for WORCS team

A small utv race team out of San Diego has been trying to secure an insurance policy in advance of racing the WORCS series.......if anyone knows of a broker or carrier that might be of help it would be appreciated. Their search begin in mid Nov. and to date they haven't received much from their...
  4. N

2011-2012 Polaris RZR XP 900 "Known" Starter area failure issue

That is correct......to date we have not found a solution to this problem........a spare motor will set u back about the same as the repair........ It is a difficult and frustrating place to be......good luck
  5. N

Welcome to the world of 2011-2012 XP900 ownership........and the luck of the draw and who and how Polaris covers some or all of the cost of repair......but apparently this isn't a major issue, design flaw or of significance to justify a recall or major warrantee bulletin.........if the...
  6. N

Brent To answer your first question: There is no known "fix" using aftermarket or later model year parts as we now it.....and yes we looked for any avenue to remedy this is such a way as to not live in fear of a reoccurrence. Press the dealership hard as it appears Polaris doe not appear to...
  7. N

Maverick at Primm WORCS 2 video

The 37 car is RJ Anderson's car......and it is believed to have a Kroyer motor.....as a reminder the Pro Class is limited to 1000cc........built motors are allowed in this class and there are some formidable engine builders the likes of Sparks, Kroyer, Benchmark and Queen who all produce 935-997...
  8. N

TAX Avoidance? TAX Evasion? Shipping prices?

Does merit a full delete...note follow up post.........there should be a zero tolerance policy for this type of stuff.....
  9. N

TAX Avoidance? TAX Evasion? Shipping prices?

Joey, We would appreciate if you would please remove/delete this thread from the forum pages as it has moved well beyond the boundaries of what should/is acceptable. David, It is well know in most circles and communities that Uniformed Service Personnel always strive to achieve the...
  10. N

My Buddy got a Rhino... Now what.

Drew Don't listen to these guys:) Free and slow = money in bank.........expensive and fast = no money!! Your buddy is ahead of the curve with the rhino and virtually no out of pocket cost.......Chris will put him through a Q & A to flush out exactly what he wants to do with the rig...
  11. N

My Buddy got a Rhino... Now what.

Drew If your buddy has a chance have him contact Chris at Benchmark Performance in Ramona, CA........explain the deal and let Chris lay out options.......simple., easy-inexpensive vs complex, harder more costly...... there isn't a more knowledgeable, pragmatic guy when it comes to...
  12. N

Wasteland Performance RZR Z-1 Kit

Les Thanks for responding to the thread and offering some insight important for belt knowledge. Based on this it seems we should follow the advice from MBL as experts in this area! Thanks again for responding although I will admit given your response I still feel like Lt. Kaffey trying to...
  13. N

Wasteland Performance RZR Z-1 Kit

based on what has been outlined it would seem the specifications, physical properties or mechanical load rates for the belt in question would be different from the stock belt....... unless the performance is tied to a special proprietary polymer can spec's be provided so as consumers we can...
  14. N

2013 - 2014 NFL Trash Talking Thread

So as to ensure the record is set straight, and the c'mon man thrown at me is retracted allow me to clarify: My reference was to Army/Navy. Combatants for 1 day, Brothers in arms thereafter... Go Navy............Beat Army Hacky what?
  15. N

2013 - 2014 NFL Trash Talking Thread

c'mon guys really (from off road guys)........pro sports??? The pinnacle of overpaid, overhyped, over-full of themselves. There remains only one football game that truly matters and represents what sport is all about....... Joey.....as the ring leader of this thread you get the C'mon Man....
  16. N

warlock's XP1000 Consumer Buyer Watchdog Thread

It seems we have moved fairly far from the intent/purpose of what we believe was the thread start.....and in doing so we have diminished the value of how important this type thread is:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> The value...
  17. N

RZR XP 1000 SR2 Cage by Benchmark Performance

As an owner of two of Chris's cages, (one used to race WORCS) we can attest to their fit and finish. While we do not make it a point of "plugging" stuff here on the forum we felt it important to give Chris and his product's a shout.........beyond the quality it is also the small town, small...
  18. N

With the launch of the XP 1000 and a price tag now matching that of a small passenger highway vehicle we should require, rather demand OEM companies like Polaris offer greater warrantee support, increased quality standards with fewer off-shore sourced content. That being said all need to be...
  19. N

Re: XP1000 DRIVE LINE NOISE and Fuel pump whine. was at our dealership today handling issues on our 900...........noted 1000 in service bay.......resonating noise from fuel pump was issue....... looks like you guys are not alone on this one.........
  20. N

2 days of racing in Tonalea AZ Oct 11-13 2013

same weekend as WORCS.....no bueno.
  21. N

Dirt Series Rd 7 @ Pala Raceway Sunday Sept 8th

Thanks Steve We won't be racing but wanted to come out and check out the series.....support some guys we know racing the series. Gracias.....should be fun.....
  22. N

Dirt Series Rd 7 @ Pala Raceway Sunday Sept 8th

what time will the UTV's begin?
  23. N

UTV Race in Kingman Arizona Sept 15

a previous thread/string noted since this is really early for utv's in this series they have either Pro or Sportsman......there may be a class segmentation based on numbers but if we make it we are planning on the two basic groups........ I think this is more so about getting momentum and...
  24. N

Same size front and rear tires?

I would tend to agree with James........and BTW if it's dez riding you might be just fine with your stock wheels........the 12" wheel with the tire combo James noted will help "fill" when in rough desert terrain, but still keep weight down and give you better wheel spin.......the stock rims are...
  25. N

UTV Race in Kingman Arizona Sept 15

The Sept WORCS race is in Milford, CA the same time but I am aware of 3-4 Prod 1000 guys who are looking at shorter travel out of SoCal & LV to do this race vs the long haul to NorCal. If our car is back together it may be raced by some friends who want to check out the series. We have hopes...
  26. N

Mark and Wayne.....what you described has been the most frustrating element of our ordeal.....while it seems the basis for the failures remains largely if not exactly same across units (regardless of hours, mileage or time) the response and/or Polaris support seems to be inconsistent, rather...
  27. N

Wanted to post a short thank you to all those who took the time to contact us about our posting. A number of folks took the time to reach out and for that we are grateful. We received a two (2) line item response to our submission. Vehicle is beyond the warrantee period and it appears the...
  28. N

2013 BITD Vegas 2 Reno VIDEO - WATCH IT!

Joey Thanks for the reply........I guess as Justin noted it is all based on who is paying:) Given that I have hopes the Can Am/BRP guys are reading this thread (they should be their platform won) . Please separate a few dollars from the proceeds of my just purchased 2013 Can Am Maverick...
  29. N

2013 BITD Vegas 2 Reno VIDEO - WATCH IT!

Data, data, data....look at the splits, avg speeds, overall time and % finishers....... All those who raced are deserving of our thanks and congratulations. UTV racing is no longer a fringe element. BTW: Seemed to be a very disproportionate allocation of media time to Polaris platforms vs...
  30. N

Michael & Tim, My thanks for your posted response/comments. I do appreciate and share your thoughts......after posting I sent a note to Joey to request the thread be moved to mainstream........no answer so I replicated today. Will be interested to see what I get.......... After Polaris...
  31. N

It appears we have become an added statistic to an ever growing group that is experiencing catastrophic XP motor failure due to a "Starter Area Failure" occurring in the 2011-2012 XP 900 Facing a $3k motor rebuild and having been subjected to a Polaris CS rep who in the span of our 20 minute...
  32. N

It appears we have become an added statistic to an ever growing group that is experiencing catastrophic XP motor failure due to a "Starter area failure" occurring in the 2011-2012 XP 900 Facing a $3k motor rebuild and having been subjected to a Polaris CS rep who in the span of our 20 minute...
  33. N

NEW 2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000 & Full Model Year Lineup

Cool.....thanks Dave. Do still want to know what a full-throttle Holz car would set someone back? Cheers
  34. N

Joey Thanks for all the solid info and inside look.......question......if possible we understand the base price 1000 to be approx. $20k. Any idea what the Holz and Orange one in pics you forwarded costs? Trying to get a picture of cost from base/mid/professional grade.
  35. N

Re: New RZR 2014 How much? Anyone get their hands on a price-sheet yet?
  36. N

STOCK Polaris Xp Class @ The Lucas Oil Regional Series??? Need your input

My apologies to all in advance but couldn't get through all the posts: As WORCS sportsman this past year we have made some mods to the car...but most if not all based on safety....can anyone tell us if this type car would be accepted for say a LORRS Stock class: 2011 XP Stock engine hardware...
  37. N

WORCS Pala

For what it is worth here is what we have learned this year: 1. Don't overbuild the car, save the money for travel and a race prep/maint program. 2. If in need of stuff, support the suppliers/vendors that support and are often present at WORCS races....as in our case we often get help if...
  38. N

WORCS Pala

The WORCS series has proven to offer both short track and some off-road flavor in a 50 minute moto format.....for some of us this is ideal as we don't have the desert resources or crew to support but want some desert type running.....but be careful what you wish for as this past weekend the...
  39. N

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!! Major UTV Manufacturer wants your opinion!!

Hey Big Pasta, Thanks for your help and efforts to get our voices heard about market products!!!!.....having taken the survey it appears to fall very short of anything other than what seems like a channel or third party marketing group survey monkey format, focused largely on what sales medium...
  40. N

Official Thread for the DWT PURE "350" Presented by SXSPerformance.com

Hi Lou, For what it's worth here are a few ideas from a sportsman short track team looking to develop a sportsman desert program: Based on your thread we believe your series can accomplish your stated objectives, however we think the key is in the offering of progressive step classing: We...
  41. N

2013 BITD VEGAS to RENO

What r we doing................well..............Rooting for the Cali Shop (Bakersfield area) to prevail in the next BIG race (V2R) over the BIG OEM, BIG Customer/Sponsored rigs. The same local Cali shop that tirelessly supports privateers endeavoring to participate in desert, medium or short...
  42. N

Chassis gusset kits

Bolt on kit or welded? The kits are expensive relative to what you get....if you have acess to a shop consider cutting "rounds" for the key places. If you want a full service ket maybe consider the Holz group as I beleive they have significant history with gusseting front, rear and trailing...
  43. N

YAMAHA - June 11th, 6PM PST on UTVUnderground.com - 2014 Model Year RELEASE!

While we have been a Polaris team through and through we hold out hope Yamaha will unvail a new product for the sport market capable of flatening the point of the spear Polaris seems to be weilding these days...... Our concern over local/small/medium dealer treatment, spare parts markup/margin...
  44. N

Memorial Day / Patriotic Photos

Remembering a friend and co-driver.........Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friend: John 15:12-13 We miss you Glen
  45. N

Short Course tire opinions

Casey One more monkey wrench.......a 6 ply with beadlocks should let you finish the race....but for added insurance you can always use TIre blocks, that dont add much weight......their expense may be more than an 8 ply or even 10 ply like to Moapa's but they do work...... B/R
  46. N

Rhino Axles

s2k1 is wicked smart and has it right.........best combo hands down, 570 cv/boot with SB axels....and if you are prone to pinholes or run areas with agro brush find a dez shop and order some leather boot covers..... long live the Flying Banana
  47. N

Short Course tire opinions

Casey Here is what we have learned for what it's worth, wheel/tire combo short/intermediate course: We race WORCS and found weight matters. they are both good tires but look at their respective weights, also if true short track a 12" vs a 14" should also be considered. we decided on the...
  48. N

HiPer Racing Wheels

Hi Dustin Thank you for your response, then based on your comments all materials, sub-assemblies etc are domestically produced and sourced......! 100%, fasteners, seals, cores etc.... To date we have not found a wheel with 100% US content, we have been told by some US made but when the copany...
  49. N

HiPer Racing Wheels

Hi Rob thanks for the comments, and your support of the wheels matters....we have learned to pay attention to user testimonials vs sales guy pitches when considering products for our cars.....that being said I hope the HiPer guys can confirm my original question, as we have found numerous...
  50. N

HiPer Racing Wheels

Rob My thanks for your response..........this question was posed as a result of a discussion a few of us have been having recently.... can we take an OEM product and build a car to race desert of track that is ONLY US made..... this conversation occured over a few beers and campfire and...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000