Search results

1. B

Pro UTV FI Big car vs Small car???

It's all about the wheelbase, and the ability to put the wait were you want it in the chassis. But mainly the wheelbase is key!!
  2. B

Earning your start position for BITD.

That's kind of what I was thinking. The only guy on the track that has clean air is the first "car or truck" off the line, everyone else is in dust.
  3. B

Earning your start position for BITD.

Everyone in the top 10 was counting on clean air........ Am I missing something???
  4. B

Bobby O's # 619 587-4961

Bobby O's # 619 587-4961
  5. B

New build question

Bobby Olimon is the man, he wired my race car and has done a ton of work for me.
  6. B

XP 1000 Turbo RACE fuel milage V2R?

I always figure worse case when it comes to fuel milage and racing. The milage depends on what you're racing on, is it sand? Does the section have lots of high speed roads? And then you have to figure what happens if your dragging a flat tire for a while. So when racing the 16 Turbo we figured...
  7. B

Are you racing a 2016 or 2017 car? The 17 has bigger injectors and gets worse mileage.
  8. B

Hahaha..... I don't like it either.
  9. B

Anywhere from 5.5 to 7.5 depending on the section.
  10. B

Baja 500 VW Nerf.....Your thoughts?

I can't believe you are saying he shouldn't have rabbited on you? After we fixed a mechanical issue we had at race mile 17 I caught you shortly after getting back in the race. I came up behind you and gave you the siren. You looked back and took off running like a retard through a field of...
  11. B

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

Nope. It is going from the coast up to El Coyote similar to the 2004 course, then over to Mike's the fun way.
  12. B

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

Are you going to go down and prerun Matt?
  13. B

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

So I spoke with one of the three Speed Cat dealers yesterday afternoon. They told me that at this time they have no info other than the link to the Speed Cat website. I asked how much they are selling for and they said they are not to sure at this point and it should be between 60k to 100k. They...
  14. B

So you don't know what they cost and your guessing based off of rumors?
  15. B

I am definitely not a Robby hater!!! I have always been a fan of his and he has always been nice to me when I see him or talked with him on the phone. The car does not fit the class because it's not a production car. The loophole is that BITD states that there has to be 1000 units, but it does...
  16. B

This is Robby bending the rules in order to race in the class. Yes I have spoken with Cory about this subject and found out why it was allowed to race, but I am not at liberty to discuss the details. Like I said before, Robby got it through a loophole in the rules. And yes SCORE does have an...
  17. B

The fact is the rules state that there has to be 1000 units produced to race in the class. How many Speed Cats have been produced??? We also have to use OEM trannys and front diff OEM motors and OEM turbos from the production car we are racing. My Jimco car is using all of that and a whole lot...
  18. B

Baja 500 Hydration Zones

Yeah, I am all for safety but this is not in the spirit of the Baja 500. It is a long distance endurance race, not a long distance endurance race until you get thirsty. This is what's wrong with most people today, they say it's hard and it's dangerous. And they want to change it so it's easier...
  19. B

The motor combo in the Speed Cat is a "one off" combo. It is not found in any production car made other than the Speed Cat, and the Speed Cat is a made to order car "one at a time" not a mass produced car. The point is that the Polaris and the Can Am's are actually a production car with a...
  20. B

The problem is that they don't specify that the units have to be already produced before you can race it!!! So RG just claims that they are going to make a 1000 units.
  21. B

Because BITD and SCORE fail to say how many cars need to be produced by the manufacturer. The new BITD rules for 2017 are pretty good but left a loophole. The SCORE rules however look like a drunk chimp wrote them on a bar napkin!!! They actually have a rule for the Pro UTV "NA" class that says...
  22. B

2017 BITD MINT 400 DRAW ORDER

Hahaha...... that would be awesome!!! At my first National Hare and Hound race there was over 400 riders taking off of the line at once. When I did the Weston Beach race in England there was over 1000 quads in one giant mass start. I got the whole shot in that one but it was pure chaos behind me...
  23. B

Last year the first row was only for the guys in the top 10 from the previous race, we all don't take off at once.
  24. B

Unfortunately we do not have the budget to race all the races in the SCORE and BITD series with a two car program. So we have to just pick out the biggest ones in the BITD series, the Mint, UTVWC, and V2R as well. So you are in agreement that qualifying would be good at the UTVWC? It is just a...
  25. B

I am not the only one that has the opinion that the starting order sucks. I raced every BITD for eight years back in my ATV days and I have had my ass chewed out on more than one occasion by Casey. One of the many good things about Casey was that he would always pick up the phone and listen to...
  26. B

Again, I see your point on the added expense of having to show up and qualify just to be given a fair shot at a good start. But on the other hand isn't making someone do the whole series in order to have a top ten start asking the same thing? Some people don't have the budget or time to race the...
  27. B

Isn't that the point of a race, to go out and race everyone and see where you end up in the end. Or are you just interested in racing only those going for the year end points? I would not call 40 minutes to an hour behind the leader "the fast group". The UTV class is the only class in desert...
  28. B

Haha..... something needs to change!!! . The whole top 10 thing is a joke. The top 5 at Parker were reasonably close to Mitchy (within 20 minutes). But 6th place was 40 minutes off the lead pace and 10th place was an hour off pace. That should hardly qualifie someone to start in the top 10. But...
  29. B

RACE LIFE: BLAKE VAN DE LOO – THE KING OF THE HAMMERS

Awesome story!!! Good luck Blake.
  30. B

Who Here Has Actually Run the Baja 1000 in a UTV?

Reid just gave you the best advice that you would ever find about Baja. To me Baja is the most magical place in the world when it comes to racing and adventure. But the Baja 1000 is like no other race in the world. If you are the most prepared team in the world and have been doing it forever...
  31. B

UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

I think you have them stuffed full of Unicorns.
  32. B

Hahaha...... I'm calling Bull Shit!!!
  33. B

Parker UTV Pit Crew Challenge

My money's on Jagged then!!!
  34. B

Man Goerge must have given you a lot of trouble.
  35. B

HAHAHAHA......... Move bitch get out the way!!!
  36. B

I totally get that it would cost more and not everyone can do it. But I also think the current system is a total joke!!! And yes If we had qualifying the top ten starting order would look a lot different than it does now. Do you think guys like Jones, Burnett, Scanlon, Gordon, Piplic would...
  37. B

Calling "Its Your Legacy"

I'm reading this thread like my son watches that show where they are looking for Bigfoot!!! I thought Johnny had found him, and then......... Joey ruined it. Thanks Joey!!! Now I have to keep watching to see if Johnny can hunt him down.
  38. B

///Airdam Clutches is headed out west

Yes, he will be out before the Mint ;)
  39. B

I know you have been pushing for it. The funny part to me is we have the largest group of vehicles by far, and we bring in the biggest sponsors to his series. But he still does not want to put in the effort and money to elevate our class to the point it should be. I look at the BITD races and...
  40. B

We need qualifying in a class this big with this much on the line. We are not just a handful of guys out there racing for bragging rights anymore. There are a lot of teams that put in an extraordinary amount of effort and have the factory backing to prove it that would be more than willing to...
  41. B

I don't have a dog in this fight because I am not racing. But it sounds like this race would have been a perfect race for UTV qualifying!!!
  42. B

SpeedCat77 Baja Facts

You are right, manufacturers have always built race cars in the factory so they can race in a production series. The thing you are very wrong on is that they don't build one at a time. They build them in the factory because in order to be considered production they need to make 500 or a 1000...
  43. B

SpeedCat77 Baja Facts

I totally agree with you Doug. I like the fact that there are more factories involved with UTV racing. But this car should have been in the unlimited class for sure. Nothing against the cars themselves or the effort that the team put in. But it is total BULLSHIT that they raced those in the...
  44. B

SpeedCat77 Baja Facts

I'm not so sure about them fourth getting up to fourth place physical overall in the first 100 miles???
  45. B

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Very good questions.... We use a lot of OEM parts on our car. Motor, tranny, primary clutch, belt, CV's, front diff, drive line, Rotors, hubs, brakes, spindles, ECU. We use most of the OEM drive train and powertrain and a ton more that I can go on and on with.
  46. B

UTVUnderground Presents: 2016 SCORE BAJA 1000 VIDEO - Polaris Racing

What an awesome video!!! there is still one part in it that I think is pretty shity though...... Without you guys down there no one would know all the drama that unfolded throughout the race and especially at the end. Thanks again for all the coverage Joey.
  47. B

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Unbelievable race coverage Joey!!! You and your team are amazing at what you do. For the record as far as parts usage goes for my car in the Baja 1000. I had zero POLARIS parts fail or get replaced during the race not one part. We even did the entire race on the same belt. The only part that...
  48. B

Start draw Thursday for 49th annual SCORE Baja 1000

Ok, just so I know. What exactly is your problem with the safety rules in our class that differ from other classes racing. And why do you bad mouth the manufacturers like Polaris or Can Am when they are out there supporting racers?
  49. B

Start draw Thursday for 49th annual SCORE Baja 1000

I hate to say this, but reading your post makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a pencil....... You are obviously very well spoken. The weird thing is nobody has a fucking clue as to what your beef is or what your saying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000