Search results

1. Rokitman

2017 Rally On The Rocks Information

Registration is open for the May event. Get registered early before the prime trails get filled up!
  2. Rokitman

This is getting to be a bad habit!

Just got back from the SXS Adventure Rally at Sand Hollow UT and it was a blast. Good organization, good trails, and good peeps, but I tipped my rig over. I already told you about my previous roll but this time it was my rig, not my buddy's hand control rig, but MINE!! Damnit, I scratched the...
  3. Rokitman

SxS Adventure Rally at Sand Hollow

Nov 10 -12. Not to late to go folks. I'm doin final preps for my first time to the rally in St George, UT. Same promoter as ROTR so I know it will be well organized and I always love doing the Utah slick rock. Lots of great vendors attending and I'm taking my fishin pole hopin to get some bass...
  4. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

I went riding yesterday with my buddy Ron at the Pozo OHV area near Santa Margarita. We have both rode these trails numerous times and were having a good time. We were about 25 miles into a 30 mile loop and approaching the last stretch when we find the forest service locked the gate to the...
  5. Rokitman

I think it's time

to replace my mighty 570. As you have all seen that little machine has taken just about all I could put it through, but I think it's had enough of my abuse. It needs a less abusive owner because it still runs great but alas it is getting fed up with me and it's protesting a bit, so it's time to...
  6. Rokitman

ROTR registration open

Time to sign up for the 2016 ROTR in Moab. There are some price increases this year along with 5 days of riding instead of four. I hope the see Joey and the gang again this year!
  7. Rokitman

For you MX fans

Most of you probably wont care but I have to tell somebody! I went to the USGP at Glen Helen over the weekend. It was the final round of the world mx championships and it was great! Paso Robles native Jessy Nelson put a major whoopin on the international riders by dominating both 250 motos with...
  8. Rokitman

Just got back

from the Eastern Sierra ATV/UTV Jamboree up in Coleville CA. It was a great event. Very well organized with some 220 machines registered. Four days of good riding on some cool mountain trails. Most rides were slow paced because there were quads and many inexperienced people, but I did an...
  9. Rokitman

Rock Front ride. Apr 13-14

Unless La Familia has some other ride planned for April, come up to my area and lets do a weekend at Rock Front, my normal riding area. It's a very scenic ride, lots of twisties and elevation changes, hill climbs, not real technical but challenging in spots unless we do the black diamond Shaw...
  10. Rokitman

Dreams are wierd

So I fall asleep on the couch this afternoon while watching Star Trek DS9. I find myself on the bridge of the starship Reliant and Capt Sisco tells me to jump in a shuttle and head for the wormhole. So I jump in my pickup :confused: and haul ass down the road. A few miles later the road is...
  11. Rokitman

ROTR 2014 registration open

The 2014 Rally On The Rocks early registration is open. I'm signed up. Any vendors sponsoring rides this year?
  12. Rokitman

Rock Front Video

Just want to show my La Famila friends what you are missing. Ok so it's not Stumpwerks quality but it's my first try. Enjoy! http://youtu.be/EaTvF40Xncg
  13. Rokitman

RIP Special K

As many of you know Kurt Casseli succumbed to injuries during the running of the 1000. Details are sketchy but it is always a great loss of an icon of off-road whether it be motorcycles, UTVs, ATVs, or trucks. Reminds me too much of the loss of Danny Hamel many years ago. My thoughts and...
  14. Rokitman

1 year anniversary

I am celebrating my one year anniversary of owning a UTV and what a great year it has been. As some of you may understand, when you retire and totally change your normal life, it could be a bit frightening. But I discovered UTVs and could not be happier. In the last year I took 44 trips with...
  15. Rokitman

How stupid was this?

So getting ready for the weekend ride, I changed the air filter. No big deal, right? Well when I started it this morning to load up, a check engine light came on and the darn thing was coughing and sputtering and would not run. What the hell? :confused: Then it dawned on me........ took the...
  16. Rokitman

Hungry Valley Oct 12-13

Got to go while weather is good. Been there on a motorcycle, now want to try it in my RZR. I'll be at the Circle Cyn campground by 8 am Sat the 12th. Riding around 9 am. Sun morning ride also. Join me if you can!
  17. Rokitman

New tires

With all the gnarly trails I have been doing lately I decided I have to get new tires. I made it through the Miller Jeep trail weekend with no problems on cheap Carlisle 4 ply tires while I was witnessing high dollar tires going flat (snicker). I had my heart set on getting Roctanes but after...
  18. Rokitman

Retirement and UTV's

Let me tell you folks that the best thing I invested in for my retirement is my UTV. I was originally going to invest in property in Nevada and relegate myself to working on the property and trout fishing. How mundane is that? But after knowing the logistics of moving and being too far away from...
  19. Rokitman

Hungry Valley Aug 10-11

For you Socal and central valley folks, I'm going to do an overnighter at Hungry Valley Aug 10-11. I'll be arriving 8 am Sat and stay in the Circle Canyon campgrounds. Drop by and lets go for a ride!
  20. Rokitman

Rock Front..July 27/28

I'd like to invite you folks up to my stomping grounds. Rock Front ( off of hiway 166 between Santa Maria and Cuyama) is Natl Forest and has some really nice trails, not much rock, great views, and lots of elevation changes. Not real technical but challenging enough to keep you awake. Camping...
  21. Rokitman

Addicted to offroad

Um...yea, I would say I became addicted to offroad when I was 15 riding on the back of my buddy's Honda Trail 90. So then when I got my own motorcycle (1965 Honda 50), all we did was ride offroad. Then graduating to a Montesa 175, all we did was ride offroad. Then I got a Yamaha 360 RT1 and...
  22. Rokitman

Rockfront ride

Ok central coasters, time to get away from the sand and do some trails this weekend 3-23 or 3-24. I go out there almost every weekend and need some riding buds.
  23. Rokitman

FORCE Poker Run

Does anyone have any info on the FORCE Poker Run at Cal City over Easter?
  24. Rokitman

I dont care what SxS you have...

.......you are still an off road enthusiast and I want to ride with you. I'm new to SxS but have lots of offroad motorcycle experience and dirt racing experience so if you are offroading, I like you!:) Being a RZR owner I first found a RZR forum looking for folks to ride with with some success...
  25. Rokitman

Hi from central coast of CA

Just got into SxS in November and having a great time. I ride at Pismo and local Natl Forest trails. Always looking for someone to ride with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000