Search results

1. N

All UTV's First Purchase Coming Up - Some Questions

Look at the Textron / Arctic Cat Havoc. The Havoc is a impressive machine, that seems to get overlooked. It has allot of cool features you won’t find on other Utility models. The engine was designed & built by Weber engines. It’s an awesome engine. Plus the top of the line Havoc is under $18K...
  2. N

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

I don’t buy into the whole “Social Media” has hurt the forums. These forums are also a form of Social Media. In fact a report came out last year stating Facebook users are down 40% as of last March...
  3. N

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

Wow! What happened to this site? What drove everyone away? How does a site that claimed to be the #1 UTV site just die off as fast as it has? I’ve got my opinion and will share, but first for the very few left, what is yours?
  4. N

2018 BITD Vegas To Reno UTV UPDATES.. Anyone care?

So what happened to this forum? Its sad you have to reference “The Good Old Days” meaning that it’s dead, which it is?? I have my opinion, but there has to more to it? Also no mention of what I consider the biggest story in the UTV segment of the V2R?? Ray Bullock wins the Pro N/A class in a...
  5. N

Polaris Agrees to Pay $27.25 Million Civil Penalty for Failure to Report Defective Recreational Off-

Will Polaris ever learn? Nope! And this is not the first time they have payed huge fines for not reporting safety issues with their vehicles. Polaris Agrees to Pay $27.25 Million Civil Penalty for Failure to Report Defective Recreational Off-Road Vehicles...
  6. N

THE TEXTRON WILDCAT XX IS COMING…

So what happened? I did see a write up on the home page yesterday, which did not last a full Day, now it’s gone and back the the UTV Championship. Any more news about the WildCat going to be shared? If it makes it any better, we can call it the Polaris WildCat XX! Then we can have multiple...
  7. N

Get Ready....

8. N

Get Ready....

Here are a couple of Instagram videos of the preproduction Wildcat XX. Was told the long travel kit as shown in these two videos will be an upgrade option, like how Can Am has the RS long travel model. Don’t know all the details, but it sounded like the long travel kits will be built out of...
  9. N

Get Ready....

I’m looking forward to the reviews on the Wildcat XX. From the few I’ve spoke to that have driven it, they say it’s awesome, but most of those might be a bit biased as they are in the Robby camp. I’m surprised Joey is not going and that he is sending someone else? The long anticipated Wild Cat...
  10. N

All UTV's New 32" BFG!!!

Yep, I want to measure the roll out on a Tensor DS. I'm sure it's a solid 33, and Tensor was smart to to it. Score allows 33 & BITD alows 32. I've spoke with a few tire brands in the past and suggested they do the same thing. Per Cory when I spoke to him. He does not care what the tire truly...
  11. N

Journey to the Desert

Several years ago McMillins switched to Lithium batteries to save weight. Luke was still running his 1600 car and the battery failed causing to melt some wires. I believe it was the next race, and Dan who was racing the Jimco class 1 car had a similar issue, but the battery caught fire and could...
  12. N

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

Read my post above. RM 45ish to 80 was before Ojos (Pepsi stand) to Urapan? Probably something similar to my story.
  13. N

I agree Jim, the trackers have tamed Baja racing. I too remember and like you raced when we had no speed limits on the black top. Besides a dozen check points, it was very open to find the best lines. The McMillins were some of the best of covering their tracks during prerunning, so no one saw...
  14. N

The band is called Metalachi. Google them and you will find it.
  15. N

Is mostly a numbers thing. In the N/A class all the cars were Polaris minus one Yamaha. Then in the Turbo class you had 17 Polaris and 8 Can Am's. Just looking at it from a numbers stand point Polaris had a 90%+ chance of winning the N/A class and in the Turbo's they had 50% more cars entered...
  16. N

All UTV's New 32" BFG!!!

That would be great! As of last year I was told BFG still had not planned on releasing a 32, or 33 in the KR tire. I know when they developed the 30, only to have BITD change the tire size months later, without mentioning it to BFG management really pissed them off. If they do, I hope it...
  17. N

If Reid I was down there the week before prerunning opened. I ran from Ojos to Urapan and I said then, there are sections that the UTV will be faster then a TT. There were some slow narrow rocky sections. I could see a down hill log jamb happening! The coast from Santo Tomas down IMO was...
  18. N

Baja summer ride

For those who have never been or done a Baja Trip here are some tips. 1) You will need to have your Truck, Trailer & UTV registration with you when crossing into Mexico. I always carried photo copies, but my last trip, last week. I was told I needed original Registration docs and to not bring...
  19. N

Also make sure you have original copies of your registration for your truck, trailer & prerun vehicle. In all my years I have carried photo copies with me down in Baja with no problems. This time when crossing the Tecate boarder into Baja we were told our photo copies were not acceptable, and...
  20. N

I did a play trip this past weekend and part of our route was the 500 course. Some parts had ribbon markings some did not, so I'm not sure if I ran the official course line all the time. But I ran from Ojos (approx mile 30) to Colonet (approx mile 170). From there we headed South to San Quintin...
  21. N

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

Wayne, why can't you discuss the details? I would think it should be public knowledge and not privy to only a few? Again how is Robby bending a rule if BITD is allowing it? Maybe Robby found a loophole in a BITD rule. Robby's good at that, and rarely loses when questioned. Remember he's dealt...
  22. N

I think the idea and concept of the SpeedCat is to be a true Production built race car. Your right the price of a SpeedCat might be about what it would cost to have one on f the shops you mentioned build you a race car. But you still have to buy the vehicle at a dealer, then hire a private shop...
  23. N

Protest all you want, throw your protest money down and lose it. The fact is BITD & the UTVWC has approved and allowed the Arctic Cat XX / SpeedCat to race in the Pro Production class. This is not a Robby cheating or breaking a rule. For whatever reason BITD has approved and allowed this...
  24. N

Baja 500 Hydration Zones

I think it's great a rancher has opened his property to eliminate the two way race traffic. I think it's also cool that they want to add a "hydration pit" but we already have those! They are called Baja Pits & Mag 7. Both of those pit support clubs have Pits about every 50-60 miles all the way...
  25. N

BITD rules say the manufacture must build 1000 units per year, to be eligible for both Production classes.
  26. N

I think most will agree that the Arctic Cat SpeedCat had not met the production numbers as written in the BITD rules to be a Pro Production class vehicle, but clearly meets the Unlimited class rules, which it had previously been moved to for the Parker race. But RG & crew must have been able to...
  27. N

Baja summer ride

Baja is to dangerous, stay home for your own safety!! Plus I don't want to see anyone else down there the 12-15!
  28. N

Baja 500 Support

To be honest your best bet it to pay to use Baja Pits and or Mag 7. They do more then hold your tires and fuel for you. They also act as mechanics and have welders and will do minor fabrication if nessisary to keep you going. They will also act as Radio relay for you as they have so many pits...
  29. N

What tie downs do you use?

I know I don't run the coolest tie downs, but I have yet to have one fail me. For the RZR I'm using the 1 1/2 black Harbor Frieght ratchet tie downs, which I have cut to length and marked front & rear. Then I have some Home Depot, (don't know brand) 1 inch ratchet straps. Two are blue and used...
  30. N

So who won the UTV Championship?

Maybe make the race format like Moto or Supercross. On a 16 mile course you could have two lap heat races, with top 5 In each heat move on to the main race. Then take the next two finishers in each heat race and any teams that are top 15 in current points that did not make top 5 in their heat...
  31. N

Guys get over it! It's a racing deal!! What was the person supposed to do? Really?? Because if you lift, you get punched from behind and cause an accordion effect and the guy 5 cars back ends up on his lid because he gets slammed. You keep your foot in it 1 second to long and you might slam the...
  32. N

Can the Yamaha YXZ1000 make the Baja.

Yes this is great for the sport as a whole. As much a Polaris wants to win, they too would have to agree that having other manufactures winning too, is better for the sport and even their stock holders. Because if you dominate, and the other manufactures don't feel it's worth their money and...
  33. N

After reading about how this race was a demolition derby, I have a few ideas to make the race better and not a demolition derby. UTVU, MM & BITD will not like this one. 1) Limit the amount of entries per class and race. Teams who have entered the previous BITD race get first priority in the...
  34. N

With Polaris not winning any desert classes, I suspect we will also see a lack of post race coverage too. In the past the post race coverage was paid for by Polaris, not something UTVU just did. That was why they did not cover the none Polaris teams, which was understandable. I bet if this...
  35. N

I was surprised of the lack of event/race coverage, especially being that the race was built and named after this site. They did post the top 3 in each class on Instagram.
  36. N

Yamaha Truly Unlimited UTV - Rustfish Racing 2921

Sounds like a lot of carnage out there today. Heard pretty much the same thing happen to the Redlands guys. Broke cars in the middle of the course with no one around flagging or let others know. They collided in the dust and ripped the whole left front suspension off on lap 5.
  37. N

Polaris New UTVUnderground.com / Ragland RZR XP Turbo Hellraiser by Cognito

What ever happens to this build? What happened to the Ragland's racing in the UTV class? I would have figured we would have seen them entered in the UTVC, even if in the previous car they did with Joey.
  38. N

**NEW Project Build** The Rugged General

That looks really cool! Will have to check it out at the Sand Show.
  39. N

Should BITD Have Let Max Gordon (8yr Old) Race??

KMB760's comment I was speaking about was he said "No matter what age, you are under BITD discretion. If your 90 or 9 they will want to see your accomplishments." And we know that's not the case. How many "More money then brains" have we seen show up with a TT and race? I could buy a new TT and...
  40. N

Im not racing. I claim to be retired from racing! Honestly I've been in the sport most of my life, we have pictures of me at 5 years old in 1977 sitting in the seat being pushed through contingency in Baja. I've raced Score, BITD and a few other series and won races and a Championship. I'm sure...
  41. N

Looks really good! Front straps are tight with no droop. Assuming that will be adjusted. Also no front axles yet. Will you have 4 wheel drive by race time? What was the deciding factor to run a 31 inch tire and not the max 32 inch allowed?
  42. N

Shelby Anderson to pilot Young Gun car #1805 at UTV World Championship

It's called "Young Guns" team. Not "Middle Age, Retired Racer", who still thinks they are fast team! LOL!
  43. N

BITD or any other off road series does not ask or want to know your current racing status or accomplishments before letting you race. The Only requirement needed is to be able pay the entry fee. If your a minor you need perental consent and they need to sign a form. This is nothing new.
  44. N

8 year old Max Gordon testing a SST truck on the RGM test track in NC. Day 1 https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1222218717877391&id=246480215451251&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.planetrobby.com%2Fforum%2Ftopics%2Fmax-in-an-sst&_rdr Day 2...
  45. N

CAGEWRX INTRODUCES SUPER SHORTY ROLL CAGE FOR CAN-AM MAVERICK X3

I like CageWrx's clean and simple designs, but seeing how they laid back the A pillar even more then stock, I'm not so sure about that? I think allot of the X3 cage failures we have seen is a contribution of that A pillar being so laid back that it has no vertical strength or support to keep it...
  46. N

2017 SCORE San Felipe Final Entry List

Wayne Matlock, Alpine, Calif., was the overall UTV winner with a time of 6:36:48 in a Polaris RZR XP4 Turbo in the Pro UTV FI class which had 13 starters. Complete UTV results. PRO UTV FI (Forced Induction, 4-wheel Utility Vehicle)—1. 2971 Wayne Matlock, 39, Alpine, Calif./Sam Hayes, 57...
  47. N

UTV WC - Draw Results

I see Gordon is registered in both Turbo and N/A. Is that Robby & Max Gordon?
  48. N

I'm still surprised and not sure why they are sticking with a rear steer setup? Not one class 1, 10, TT or any a-arm car runs rear steer. Penhall has never built a rear steer a-arm race car before. Just wondering why they are wanting too now? Is it a packaging issue due to the front dif...
  49. N

Cool your racing it again this year, but bummer your selling it! Not using the truck enough or have other plans for something else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000