Search results

1. sand shark

All UTV's Utv long distance ride

Making sure you have enough gas will be the only issue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. sand shark

Team Honda Talon Factory Racing Announces Drivers for 2020

I heard turbo class for the Mint and KOH. They are racing a limited amount of races and I am not sure which BITD races they will be at, if any. Score races will be in the turbo class. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. sand shark

New Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

Bummer they did not let it go a little faster. Nice SXS though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. sand shark

New Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

Is it true it taps out at 68mph? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. sand shark

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Any plans to do a kit that replaces the stock headlights on a Can Am X3 with the squadrons?
  6. sand shark

Legends Rally Sea to Sky September 25th -29th

Looks like a really fun trip.
  7. sand shark

New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

Alba is already working on the Talon. On their dyno it put down almost 86hp to the wheels. It sounds pretty sweet with an exhaust and you can hear the car shifting. The Talon is going to be fun with a turbo...
  8. sand shark

The Shock Therapy review was awesome. Their impressions is exactly what I thought after rain with a Wildcat XX in Baja. They are racing a Wildcat at the Mint. Curly and Moe! Lmao!!! It does not seem like Textron let any of the media people have a unit. I don’t think John at UTV Guide...
  9. sand shark

Another avenue of marketing. They film a lot of their rides. Shows their many followers and joe public how well the Wildcat does and how it holds up. Why do you think Polaris jumped on board with them? Sounds like Honda is letting them have a test unit. Can Am invites them to events...
  10. sand shark

https://www.utvguide.net/honda-talon-review/
  11. sand shark

Why do you think they are biased? They may not know everything but they do a decent job. Textron would of been smart to let them have a Wildcat XX. They have a big following and would at least be another avenue to get the work out other than RG pimping his Speedcat stuff. Sent from my...
  12. sand shark

I want to drive one. Looks like Honda hit the mark with the 6 speed DCT set up. I want to see how the gearing does with a 32” tire. I think the SXS Blog guys do a good job. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. sand shark

Looks like the media got to test the Talon out in Sand Hollow, Ut. Looks like a fun car to drive and the DCT set up is pretty slick. These guys did a good review and seems they were impressed.
  14. sand shark

Sounding board before i pull the trigger

The Wildcat XX is a really nice car. It will need a lot less to be ready to race versus the XP1000. Problem is all the bugs on the Wildcat XX in race trim have not been figured out. The XP1000 all the known issues have a solution.
  15. sand shark

New Polaris S Velocity

I like this new model. A good price point for a 72” wide model. Shock package is a great choice. They will sell a ton. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. sand shark

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!
  17. sand shark

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

There are several brand specific Facebook groups and Instagram. Many of the racers also have Facebook pages. Honestly the technical content is not on social media. The forums are still a better source for technical stuff. It seems many of the users on this forum have moved elsewhere. I...
  18. sand shark

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

Lack of new content, no race reports and no one seems interested in the site. I would come on here to check out the latest race news and now there is very little. I think the facebook pages have also slowed down forums. They need to pump some life back into this place.
  19. sand shark

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

So the Dakar has been completed: Cassie Currie finished 4th overall in his Can Am. I think more than 90% of the SXSs racing in Dakar were Can Am X3s. Robby Godron, Blade Hidebrand, and Cole Potts finished in their Speedcats/Wildcat XX. Interestingly Blade came in 1st place in the OP1 class...
  20. sand shark

Anyone catch how the Talon did in Dakar? LOL!!!
  21. sand shark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. sand shark

All UTV's Walker shock tuning upgrades in SoCal.

You can go directly to Walker Evans in Riverside for shock work. Also Ed Niemela "The Suspension Guy" in Fontana and does a lot of shock work on Walker Evans, Fox and Kings on UTVs. I had Ed do work on my X3 Fox shocks and much better riding car with his work. (714)343-3399
  23. sand shark

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Fun to watch. Robby got shafted when they told him no speed limit and then after he commits and things are being shipped there is a 80mph speed limit. There are a lot of UTVs entered in the race in both the UTV class and car class. There are at least 2 other UTV besides the Textrons in the...
  24. sand shark

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Looks like Robby had a rough day after already getting hammered the day before with the speed limit placed on him and his teammates. Currie is don’t pretty well in the SXS class. Can Am is crushing it. Where is that game changing Honda Talon? Lol! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. sand shark

Pricing is finally announce on the Talon at $20,999. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. sand shark

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Fishgistics is providing up dates as well.
  27. sand shark

Yep that Wildcat Cat XX is a really nice platform. When they release a turbo version it is going to the bees knees. I love the look of the Speedcats. Going to be fun watching who they do in Dakar starting next week.
  28. sand shark

You clearly are blind if you don’t understand the power of marketing. Go out to any riding area in this country and tell me how many Polaris products you see compared to the others. Can Am is making some strides with the X3. Until this year in Glamis there are almost as many Can Ams (X3s) as...
  29. sand shark

Only you are hyped. The rest of us are just fine and not worried about a 104hp Honda. Polaris has nothing to worry about. The RZR name is synonymous with a SXS. More people know what a Polaris RZR is then a Honda Talon. Not much will change. Polaris is a marketing machine. Sent...
  30. sand shark

It’s quiet because this forum is pretty quiet. Don’t see a big wave of excitement over the Honda on the social media outlets either. Probably because it’s not at the dealers yet. Maybe more excitement will come in April when the Talon is available for purchase. Sent from my iPhone using...
  31. sand shark

I was bored and figured the new year needs his wisdom on game changers and all that Honda is going to do. Lol! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  32. sand shark

Launch control. The UTV drag racers have that on their rubber band turbo cars. Launch control is not going to help it much racing against the others. CVT is instant power and get the car in the happy rpm range quickly. The turbo cars don’t have much lag with a CVT set up. Sent from my...
  33. sand shark

How much weight did they throw in the bed to get it to wheelie like that? The Pioneer does not have the punch to wheelie without some help.
  34. sand shark

There you go with "groundbreaking" and "game changer" type language. How about you just stick with DCT set up. Honda is being really dumb by not having the Talon at the dealers now. They are missing out on lots sales for those ready to run away from the CVT set up. Or maybe it is really...
  35. sand shark

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

Perhaps you can offer suggestions that will help the racers for this class as you seem to know so much about safety and racing.
  36. sand shark

Well my subpar X3 spinning a rubber band made it through 4 days of dunes in Glamis. My poor rubber band is still going strong with 2000 miles of dunes and desert on it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. sand shark

Your going to be accused of being fixated on HP. LOL!
  38. sand shark

It’s like trying to reason with child. It gives me practice with my kid. Lol! Hope to see you out in Glamis. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  39. sand shark

See first post above. Since the Wildcat XX at 130 HP NA is not mentioned with the same speed limiter we'll throw that one in too as 'close'. Meanwhile, we'll ask every 100 HP owner out there without another car in their future anytime soon if 104 HP ('or so') isn't making the family VERY happy...
  40. sand shark

No they do not have twice the hp, but a turbo with 60+ more hp is a big difference. You are probably not a dune person or someone that likes to rip across the desert, so HP is not your thing. Nobody is arguing the Talon does not have good suspension numbers, nor does it have half the...
  41. sand shark

Yamaha promo video had belts hanging in a tree (clever marketing). Honda has a built in faithful market. They don't need to show videos of people changing belts or fixing things.
  42. sand shark

By your responses I can assume you have never cleaned your clutches on whatever SXS you may own. Your responses are very typical of an engineer that does not take actual real world experiences into account. If the computer says it will work or this will happen, then it must be true...
  43. sand shark

So you do not know how to operate an air compression and air nozzle? You act like it is some difficult task. You blow out the clutches to remove what dust is in there and gives you a chance to give to look at your belt. This is about as basic of a task as you can get. Guess what the...
  44. sand shark

Wow I guess the turbo cars are done because Honda is in the utv game. Maybe they should of called the Honda “Sliced Bread”. After all it the best thing ever to hit the market. Nobody ever said that the turbo was dead. What mostly younger folks are just now starting to realize is that one...
  45. sand shark

Go get yourself one Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  46. sand shark

Why don’t you read my previous post where I explain my experience. The CVT is not a pain in the ass. It is quite simple and easy to maintain. Plain and simple the clutches will last. My XP1000 clutch lasted 5000 miles. Why because I took the time to blow them out after each trip and inspect...
  47. sand shark

Now you are really going to get him going.
  48. sand shark

I disagree that the parts are shoddy on the clutches. If you do some maintenance (take the clutch cover off and blow out the clutches with an air hose) they last a long time. My XP1000 went 5,000 miles before I had to replace the primary clutch (dunes and desert miles). Blew one belt at...
  49. sand shark

You crack me up! Turbo cars are going no where and still king of the hill. Although 104hp is plenty for most it is not enough hp to make people dump a turbo car and go run and get a Honda. Nor will the gear drive (DCT). Sorry the sand crowd is not running away because Honda has a DCT...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000