Search results

1. A

Reliable RZR 900 ECU Tuning Available Now!

Do you use an engine dyno? Nate Alba Racing
  2. A

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Kristen was in the new LSR car.I had it on tge dyno on wed. Brand new car. Any info on Alonso? Tracker looks to be broken??? Nate Alba Racing
  3. A

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

So did the new AC's have to start all the way at the back behind NA? Nate Alba Racing
  4. A

Can-Am New Can-Am X3 Coming 8.16.16

Can we discuss rhino sheaves next? I am curious which one is the best...
  5. A

XP1000/4 Starter issue

Sprag clutch is likely gone. Need to pull stator cover. Remove flywheel and change sprag and freewheel gear.
  6. A

Baja 500

Yes it is still available. Thurs- Sun 3 nights $650. Nate Alba Racing
  7. A

Baja 500

If anyone is looking for a room I just heard that Marcia And Mark from M&M offroad have a spare room at Estero Beach Hotel if anyone is interested! Nate Alba Racing
  8. A

1965 BITD Laughlin Desert Classic Race Report

I should have some spare plenums, airbox's, and maybe clutch covers. Nate Alba Racing
  9. A

San Felipe 250 Tracking ?

We had a good run! (finally) the little 900 held her own this race. We crossed about 25 minutes in front of #1992, but gave up 30 minutes for 3 VCP's and that pushed us back to second by about 5 minutes. Oh well. Still an awesome race! I have some pics and vids I will try and get up... That puts...
  10. A

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Parker 250 Update Thread

In my younger days we used to use the ECT to do the same thing. Old Yota' trick was to wire a pot dial into the ECT and alter the coolant temp signal. Did the same thing and enriched the system...
  11. A

New Turbo Build

Is it fast?
  12. A

I believe what you are referring to is called a GIZMO by Can-Am. It plugs into the diagnostic port that BUDS plugs into and basically "unlocks" the ECU so that the safety features(shaft saver and TQ limiter) are removed. You have to contact Can-Am and fill out a form that submits your VIN number...
  13. A

Yes, for some reason Can-Am allows you to simply unplug the speed sensor and continue on... we tested that on the dyno. As an FYI by unplugging the speed sensor it also disables the shaft saver and torque limiting factors in the ecu as the speed sensor is what triggers that... something that...
  14. A

Yes below the dash next to the ECU is a square plug. That plug connects to what is called mpi2 I believe, and that connects to your laptop, and voila! You have access.
  15. A

It is only adjustable via Can-Am BUDS software which is supposed to be Dealer only, but some of us have it... Under vehicle settings you can alter tire size from 25" to 31" and also have a "invalid" option. What happens when you enter "invalid"? I have no idea, lol.
  16. A

Throttle back there turbo... I have never implied nor stated that you were cheating. Someone asked about how the system worked and I answered the question. don't be so damn defensive. It was clearly stated before the season that ECU's can, and will be swapped at any given race. I just assumed...
  17. A

Absolutely a key can change parameters. Not only can it limit what the stock mapping can do, but it can also switch the ecu to a completely different performance map. When we reflash an XD-S ecu we set it up so that the grey key will have stock parameters and boost levels, but once the black key...
  18. A

Don't see how the ecu could be to blame here, but when they hookup to it with BUDS it should have stored the fault. I think if something was incorrect in the mapping it would have shown it immediately. Just my $0.02
  19. A

Can someone explain how the ECU put the car in limp mode? Usually the car puts the ECU in limp mode...
  20. A

UTVUnderground Presents: 2015 SCORE Baja 1000 - Polaris Racing VIDEO

If you watch carefully around the time of Johnny's interview you can see my truck! I'm in there!!! I made the show!!! lol Nate Alba Racing
  21. A

Official UTVUnderground.com 2015 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Was good talking Johnny. Sorry you guys had issues. Nate Alba Racing
  22. A

NIKAL we took a solid hit to the rear from a BC car, and it shifted our entire rear suspension to the passenger side. The rear of the frame and diff plate were cracked... It sucked the driver axle in tight and kept eating the inboard, and it pushed the passenger side out making it constantly...
  23. A

Tracking never worked for us.. this is 3 races in a row that we had no tracking... absolute bullshit. Nate Alba Racing
  24. A

Belts and other BS ?'s...

I was always curious where you guys mounted the sensor? You guys were, and still are our record holder(by about 10) on how many sensors you went through... lol. Nate Alba Racing
  25. A

Baja 1000 Bets and Bullshit

We have never had more than 2 drivers, and 2 co-drivers. No chase crew, and no pit help... It can be done, but is one hell of a challenge... Hell in the 500 sur I had to buy gas off of a local mexican because we ran out and missed our pit... part of the challenge we enjoy though. Nate Alba Racing
  26. A

Polaris 180hp Motus V4 XP1000 Engine Swap

I would say upper 80's Adam. We saw the 11,500 rev limiter at the end of 4th a few runs, and others we would click into 5th... Nate Alba Racing
  27. A

Polaris 180hp Motus V4 XP1000 Engine Swap

Tatum here is the video you are looking for... this is us VS. the Motus V4 VS. XP1000 Silber Turbo @ 10psi!!! Yamaha for the win!!! Nate Alba Racing
  28. A

BITD adds new Pro Turbo Production UTV class

Again, what a joke... Can-Am seems to run BITD.
  29. A

light truck tires, which ones work

I have been running the Dunlop Mud Rover in a 30-9.5-15 and really like it. Not that heavy at 37#'s each. I have quite a few hard miles on them now and have not had a puncture. Cheap and have road hazard on them... Nate Alba Racing
  30. A

Who wins desert challenge

I know nobody probably cares, but how do you think these limited modification classes effect people like us who sponsor a lot of racers? Where do I get to showcase my product and build clientele? How do I get a return on my money invested into a racer when he is not allowed to use any of my...
  31. A

BITD Email to UTV Racers. Please Read and Respond ASAP

LOL, sorry to say but that car is not a good example or representation of what a NA XP1000 can do. When you are making less power than stock everything else seems very fast! lol. Nate Alba Racing
  32. A

Polaris Need a cage builder! Let's see what you have and who did it for you

Shaun, hit up Eric @Race-Edge. Not only is he local, but also does awesome work! He has done several custom cages for us... Nate Alba Racing
  33. A

100MPH Yamaha YXZ1000R Dyno Pull - Alba Performance

Guys, we are just trying to show that we have been able to raise the limiters in the ecu... don't be so quick to be negative, lol. But I will laugh my ass off when this thing does do a 100mph... Nate Alba Racing
  34. A

BITD Class Vote on turbos

LOL, technicality Wayne.... Nate Alba Racing
  35. A

BITD Class Vote on turbos

LOL, hate bustin your balls buddy, but there was a 3rd car that ended up on the trailer Sunday... ;) Nate Alba Racing
  36. A

New Yamaha?

EIM is not the actual weight of the vehicle... Nate Alba Racing
  37. A

Who's Racing TURBO's at V2R?

WOW, so almost a 20 mile per hour top speed difference between a Polaris Turbo, and a Can-am Turbo! Could swear I saw a picture of a GPS on a "stock" Can-am at 93mph... lol Nate Alba Racing
  38. A

Do you have any "modifications" done to the VSS circuitry on your new turbo car? According to Cory S. there is someone who has already "made" something to alter the speed limiter without altering the ECU...I was told that is why the new rule states that "speed limiters" are not required...
  39. A

ECU shows 75mph speed limit.... Nate Alba Racing
  40. A

I think it's broke...

Pretty common on the 900's. Not the best of part form the factory. I would definitely look into a Cognito Sway bar as it will not break like the cheapy factory one. We have had great results with them...
  41. A

turbo rules

Remember that Can-Am B.U.D.S. software allows you to alter tire diameter through the gauge cluster which can effect speed limits... sounds like these rules were written by Can-Am!!!! Nate Alba Racing
  42. A

turbo rules

I think it would only be "fair" then if gauge cluster data could NOT be changed as well. If you can not alter anything electronically that should mean just that... B.U.D.S. has its advantages. Also, what is preventing a team from externally flashing an ECU at their first pit stop, and then...
  43. A

New 2015 XP 1000 build XLR/Valor

You gonna put those mounts into production??? Nate Alba Racing
  44. A

UTVinc Baja 500

Great report Johnny! Sorry to hear about the tranny issues. Nate Alba Racing
  45. A

Baja 500

Thanks! our little 900 can still rip! We worked out way back up to 4th before we had to call it due to a broken tranny mount that kept eating all our axles... Nate Alba Racing
  46. A

turbo's in desert racing

A factory Can-Am Ecu has to be married to the vehicle(gauge cluster) via the b.u.d.s. software. The ECU itself is not altered or changed it is more that the gauge cluster is accepting it. This process will need to be done to every Can-Am in the class, and can be a pain in the ass. Polaris on the...
  47. A

Baja 500

I think Alonso's car is fast, and if he has a clean run he has a good shot at a podium. Nate Alba Racing
  48. A

Baja 500

We will be there with the #1915 Alba Racing XP900... looking forward to the old course, just a bit worried about the logistics of pitting. Fought our way through the 500 Sur with just 2 drivers, and 2 co-drivers... not possible with this course. Nate Alba Racing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000