Search results

1. American Rock Rods

2019 KOH

Hammertown is always finished by at least the Thursday before hammertown opens, usually earlier, so it won't be under construction. Maps get released Friday at registration, Thursday if you have cartotracks. Qualifying is Saturday. Basically, we have two days of prerunning minus the time it...
  2. American Rock Rods

2017 Baja 1000 - YOU PICK EM'! & OFFICIAL TRACKING THREAD

Cognito is ahead of Gordon's kid. And there are a lot of miles left, with a lot of cars on course going slow. Justin should pick up a few spots before it is over.
  3. American Rock Rods

Official start order

Shelley sent me the official list. 116 miles. 1 Heath Frazier 2 Mitch Guthrie 3 Rob Camilleri 4 Ethan Osborne 5 Taylor McCann 6 Ryan Bergamini 7 Blake Van de loo 8 Burt Jenner 9 Rick Markley 10 Robby Gordon 11 Evan Engelhardt 12 DJ Silva 13 Dean Bulloch 14 Whimpy Lawson 15 Tommy Scranton 16...
  4. American Rock Rods

Who is attending / camping at King of The Hammers! UTVUG Compound??

You can drive anywhere that is not military base. A lot of the base is not marked, and it is up to you to know where you are. Make sure you have a helmet on too, BLM and CHP crack down like crazy during hammers week.
  5. American Rock Rods

2016 KOH

U4 posted on facebook that they are over 50 UTV entries! Live show is next week!
  6. American Rock Rods

Parker Draw Order

It has to be random. The car I am in drew 6th in PP and we only ran one race last year as a test run.
  7. American Rock Rods

2016 KOH

Entry list as of today. 36 entrants. KOH UTV AARON CLARK 1003 UTV BREA CALIFORNIA KOH UTV ANTONIO COSTA 1904 UTV MOUNTAIN HOUSE CA KOH UTV BRAD WITBECK 981 UTV ROOSEVELT UT KOH UTV BRANDEN SIMS 1913 UTV PRESCOTT VALLEY AZ KOH UTV BRIAN FISHER 970 UTV FORT COLLINS COLORADO KOH UTV CHAD...
  8. American Rock Rods

2016 KOH

Current list, 31 drivers. HANS devices are NOT required for UTV class. KOH UTV AARON CLARK 1003 UTV BREA CALIFORNIA KOH UTV ANTONIO COSTA 1904 UTV MOUNTAIN HOUSE CA KOH UTV BRAD WITBECK 981 UTV ROOSEVELT UT KOH UTV BRANDEN SIMS 1913 UTV PRESCOTT VALLEY AZ KOH UTV BRIAN FISHER 970 UTV FORT...
  9. American Rock Rods

2016 KOH

Registration list was updated today. 16 total. Myself and at least one other car are registering tomorrow, and I know of 2 more, so basically we are at 20. UTV JOEY BECK 243 UTV ROCKMART GA UTV DEAN BULLOCH 1909 UTV CEDAR CITY UTAH UTV ROB CAMILLERI 511 UTV CAMINO CAL UTV ANTONIO COSTA...
  10. American Rock Rods

2016 KOH

I haven't seen the new rulebook yet. Knowing Hammerking it will probably be released way late. The class consolidation thing was announced via email. The Hans device thing was mentioned on the Fallon 250 registration page:
  11. American Rock Rods

2016 KOH

Who is in this year? I know a few who are racing, and a few who have raced before that are not. New this year is no more sportsman class. Just Pro. Also apparently we are required to have HANS devices now. This is the current registration list: UTV ANTONIO COSTA 1904 UTV MOUNTAIN HOUSE...
  12. American Rock Rods

BITD Class Vote on turbos

Might be late to the party here, but why not use parity like drag racing? IE, 1000cc max naturally aspirated, 820 cc maximum with forced induction, or with inlet restrictors on the turbochargers just like in WRC
  13. American Rock Rods

KOH tech questions

If you keep the UTV mostly stock, you're fine. No need for bulkheads, firewalls, external cutoff switches, fuel cell, etc. If you modify the floor or rear bulkhead plastics? You have to then meet the U4 general rules for those things. Same if you go with a fuel cell. If you get rid of the...
  14. American Rock Rods

Did you enjoy KOH?

Not for much longer. It's just like desert racing. We are under respected but coming up fast. While lots of jeep guys hate us, lots of them are converting. Top 3 guys in 4400 own one or more RZR's. Probably another 40% of the class owns one. This year UTV class had similar prize money to...
  15. American Rock Rods

KOH Who stole our axle?

Someone posted on the pirate KOH lost/found thread that they found a RZR axle on course around jackhammer. Might be yours? Good luck, I hope it is yours. There are lots of reports on pirate about racecars getting partially stripped by spectators while waiting for recovery. Shocks, welders...
  16. American Rock Rods

$1,000 Bounty for 2015 KOH - UTV Race Winner

Why not? if you ever considered running this is definitely the year to do it
  17. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

Yes. That's one of the core staples of U4. And Joey, if you're not filming, who is?
  18. American Rock Rods

2015 Starting order...

Ugh. I just typed everything I heard in the live show and my laptop ran out of batteries. Lets try again. Per the live show: Winner of Pro gets the Polaris model of their choice. Pro class runs same course as EMC Mod/Legends/Spec. 140-150 miles. Sportsman class runs...
  19. American Rock Rods

Polaris XP 1000 to the winner

Wednesday the 4th. EMC is Thursday, 4400 on Friday.
  20. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

Tonight's updated registration list: (sorry for the lack of format, I'm on my phone) Polaris RZR KOH UTV Race Presented by HCR Car# Driver Name Class State City 1523 AARON CLARK UTV Pro BREA CA 1958 ANDREW GORMAN UTV Pro VERNON CA 23 AUSTIN MASSINGILL UTV Pro CHATTANOOGA TN...
  21. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

While I agree with your point, my take is that the average UTV owner can not fabricate or even procure a KOH specific roof. And sportsman is in theory for the average UTV owner. Should everyone use a roof of some sort? Absolutely. I've had a few calls about this issue, and people ask me...
  22. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

I believe the intent of sportsman was for new racers, people on a budget, and people with cars that aren't competitive in pro, like an older 800. The rule makes it easier for people to compete at KOH in almost any utv. It is literally a stepping stone class designed to boost entries...
  23. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

I see what you did there.
  24. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

No idea on the seats, but I would venture to guess that it would pass tech. Best to call Dave and ask. Aftermarket 1000 seats are pretty cheap though, and as I've said before I'll sell products to racers at my cost if they are on the registration list just to help get more entries. As for...
  25. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

Just got off of the phone with Dave. Rules are being revised to not include the word aftermarket. The rule that will be enforced for Pro is ANY 6 point cage with the appropriate roof(ie .040 steel or .125" aluminum). For sportsman, any 6 point cage, or any 4 point with bolt on bracing...
  26. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

Last year my dad started the race in #1948 and Dareld Lusher took over at Pit 1. This year Dareld is driving the whole race and my dad will be running pits for our team. My brother Scott ran Sportsman last year in his old 800, but he's jumped to codriver for me this year in my new 1000...
  27. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

For those who didn't see, Ultra 4 confirmed that Polaris will be giving away a new Polaris RZR 1000 to the winner of Pro class. Here is the entry list as of 11-26: Awesome that a former King is running Pro class. And you'll notice a lot of people that run every year haven't...
  28. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

There is not a spec for UTV. Any full coverage door. Opening or solid. Even the factory xp1k door with the aftermarket lower inserts would pass tech. A pro armor door with nets instead of panels would be ok. Last I heard WEROCK dirt riot will be using the same basic rules, but you might...
  29. American Rock Rods

KOH what to expect?

Yes. The course is released the Friday before the race. You can prerun the entire course except on Sunday during King of the Motos. The qualifying course is open to prerunning until Tuesday morning, then it is closed.
  30. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

The rules are identical to last year. If it was legal last year, it is this year too. Shannon told me this on the phone yesterday. The ONLY exception to that is the helmet rule. SA2005 and M2005 helmets are legal in 2014, but will be illegal in 2015.
  31. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

Last year when Dave was a little slow on writing rules, he approached us for help. The concept was to simplify it as much as possible, and create two classes. Sportsman for nearly stock vehicles, people who want to run an easier course, and new racers. Pro is basically unlimited, for those of...
  32. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

Rules and classes are identical as last year. Dave and Shannon also removed any reference they could find to the old rules that don't apply anymore. They also created a page explaining every step and cost associated with racing a UTV at King of the hammers...
  33. American Rock Rods

KOH 2015

We have our two cars as usual. Plus we are building a third for someone else, maybe even a fourth. Some of our past pit crew members are racing this year, so that's two more cars. I also know of a few other new entries that are out there lurking. This should be a huge year for us, in terms...
  34. American Rock Rods

Official UTVUnderground 2014 King Of The Hammers Photos & Story

Elvis and Martel are part of the 100% takeover. Odds are we will never run them again. Yet another reason I'm sad I crashed. The rest is shown on this map: http://cook.house.gov/sites/cook.house.gov/files/wysiwyg_uploaded/Final%20JV%20Map-page-001_0.jpg All of the hammer trails were...
  35. American Rock Rods

Chris Barnett / Brittney Cardone KOH 2014 ROLLOVER VIDEO

Generic slow motion version. Should be done processing shortly: http://youtu.be/D7FfveRu9Ak
  36. American Rock Rods

Fixed. I had it as unlisted and once it went here, I went to make it public but accidentally made it private. Sorry. I will upload a slowmo version too, plus exterior photos once I get them.
  37. American Rock Rods

Belts were super tight. The rzr broke where the seat base mounts. So the drivers seat was moving around. The slow mo video shows it better. Scary, because it can happen to any RZR that uses OEM style mounts. Window nets used spring loaded mounts. They both came out. Glad I hose clamped...
  38. American Rock Rods

KOH COUNTDOWN

Last year my numbers were done last minute, and were way too small. So I made up for it. bahahahahaha see you guys on the lakebed
  39. American Rock Rods

KOH COUNTDOWN

One of our cars left today. I'm leaving Thursday/Friday of this week. See everyone on the lakebed!
  40. American Rock Rods

2014 King Of The Hammers - YES there will be a UTV Race!

I'd never forget the OG of the UG!
  41. American Rock Rods

Outside media is ASKING to cover us. If you're not on pirate, you're missing 90% of the KOH info threads. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/side-sides/1597065-2014-koh-utv-coverage.html One way to get this race to continue in the future is to GET MEDIA COVERAGE. Here we have someone in the...
  42. American Rock Rods

The ISA rules are NOT in use for this race. They have been used in previous years, but not any more. The NEW 2014 rules are here: http://ultra4racing.com/racers/rulebook/ And Lanse, just email or call Dave and ask him.
  43. American Rock Rods

But is Brian Rush? Because Dave Cole said Brian Rush, then Brian Bush, then Brian Braun. I don't know of anyone named Brian Rush, so I think maybe he just said it wrong the first time.
  44. American Rock Rods

Halfway through my second round of listening to this live show, a few notes to share. UTV Pro cars qualify Tuesday, early. I assume 8 am since every other day is scheduled to start at 8. Both UTV classed race the same course as EMC/Spec/Legends. EMC stock and UTV Sportsman get to...
  45. American Rock Rods

Yep. Stock fuel tank is fine, as is stock firewall and floorpans. Once you start messing with those things, then the other rules kick in.
  46. American Rock Rods

Qualifying is about as new as the rules. It was rumored 11 months ago, but not set in stone until recently. Qualifying is great for us. Eliminates the randomness of class hopping, which Dave hated, and it makes us more spectator friendly. Both things help our class live on.
  47. American Rock Rods

Straight from Dave's mouth a few days ago:
  48. American Rock Rods

Entry list has 32 cars now. 22 pro, 10 sportsman. Drawing for qualifying/start order is next week. There were 36 cars registered last year on January 11th when they did the drawing.
  49. American Rock Rods

ROTR 2014 registration open

If Lanse lets us, yes we plan to do our day run of Hells Revenge again. As to what to do with the UTV if you stay in a hotel? Either risk driving it everywhere, as UTV's tend to blend in, or leave it at the arena. If you have a camper you can't beat staying at the arena itself. $10 a...
  50. American Rock Rods

ROTR 2014 registration open

Just the Rim at night. It's a ton of fun, and if you go all the way up the views at the top of the chair lift are awesome, especially on a clear night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000