Search results

1. 450grl

2019 KOH

I'm super bummed they moved UTVs to Sunday......no matter what the reason is behind it. Oh well....we will still be there, but my excuse for staying partway through the week just went out the window. Now Jason will make us all go home Sunday night and get back to work.....lol!
  2. 450grl

Drivers attacking Drivers at WORCS

WORCS did the right thing - ZERO tolerance for assault during a race! IMO, ZERO tolerance for any type of assault while in the pits during a race as well......that guy had no business being on the course without a helmet on and without being strapped in, had no business impeding an ongoing race...
  3. 450grl

UTV's in Dakar Rally

Just a little background on the pink YXZ....Camille is a tiny woman with pigtails who has raced the Dakar several times, I believe, on a Yamaha Raptor. I would think the YXZ would be a much more comfortable ride for her this year!
  4. 450grl

YAMAHA YXZ1000R DOMINATES IN ARIZONA LUCAS OIL REGIONAL OFF-ROAD SERIES

Hey thanks Joey!! Had a fun year....can't wait for 2018!
  5. 450grl

New BITD Stock Sportsman Rule

KOH is run with stock tanks.....genuinely curious why you feel it's unsafe? A fuel cell isn't that difficult, I put one in my bed last year for V2R with minimal fab....so it's def doable on a budget.
  6. 450grl

New BITD Stock Sportsman Rule

I have been asking for a true Prod class in BITD for a while now!! I hope this is it! No more $80,000 builds - true stock vehicles with only minor mods allowed would be awesome!!
  7. 450grl

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

I didn't see anything on AC's website....so if this is true, they are keeping it a pretty big secret. Do you have a link from AC's website?
  8. 450grl

So who won the UTV Championship?

If there were heat races, or some sort of cap on the number of cars allowed on the course at once, I may have more of an interest in racing this event. As it stands now, it just doesn't seem like a good time to have way too many UTVs on the course at once, terrible visibility and way too much...
  9. 450grl

Way too many.....it was a bad idea before it was even considered lol!
  10. 450grl

I am not a fan of landrush starts in UTVs....not everyone can hold their line(seriously, it must be a huge challenge for some), and these cars can climb all over the top of each other's wheels with the right touch at the right place. Can ruin a number of racer's days before the race even...
  11. 450grl

Can the Yamaha YXZ1000 make the Baja.

It's true Yamaha hasn't put in the effort (racer support wise) that Polaris has for years, and Can Am seems to be doing this past year in the desert. But historically, Yamaha has not had a UTV to compete it until 2016, so they are still coming into their own in regards to UTV racing. They have...
  12. 450grl

It's funny that you are judging the YXZ in the desert based on a few very select videos and instances. Fact is.....I took a basically stock suspended, stock motor, bone stock chassis YXZ and placed 7th in a very competitive class in Vegas to Reno last year. I am not a seasoned desert racer, we...
  13. 450grl

It absolutely can/has/will be......and I also would go 5-speed manual.
  14. 450grl

YAMAHA ANNOUNCES 2017 SIDE-BY-SIDE AND ATV FACTORY-SUPPORTED RACERS

Yamaha is going to be more and more visible on the podium in desert as more Yamahas are built and raced.....I have said from day 1 that the YXZ is a great desert machine, and we are excited to race in a few more races this year ourselves! As for me not being Factory this year, that was my...
  15. 450grl

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

The transmission in the YXZ is excellent.....if every OEM could make one that worked and lasted as well as the Yamaha one, I think it would be huge for the industry. I love the manual in the desert....and on the track....it is a huge benefit in many situations out there to be able to choose...
  16. 450grl

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

Well that will be interesting.......
  17. 450grl

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

I will be blown away if this car is considered a Prod unit....the BITD UTV rules are already the most clusterf***ed set of rules I have ever seen, but this will take the cake if it is allowed.
  18. 450grl

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

I'm still confused as to how this is considered a production car? It's like if Yamaha says that the new "blah blah Edition" has to be sent to Weller Racing to get the full race modifications to it - it's def NOT a production car. It's not being produced like that from the factory....it's being...
  19. 450grl

RACE LIFE: THE UTV WOLFPACK

Love the Merrells!! 'Merica!! :)
  20. 450grl

UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

I have been running 30" tires so far.....
  21. 450grl

My Maxxis Liberties are amazing.........I don't worry about rocks or pinch/flats with those tires.
  22. 450grl

2017 King of the Hammers

I think a lot of people will be qualifying.....we will be, since the draw wasn't so nice to us last year - lol! My guess is the course will be a mix of the 2015 course and last year's......that's my totally uneducated guess, but there it is. :D
  23. 450grl

I agree on the fresh draw for a new season as well.....and I would agree on that even if I benefited from it. I think UTVs are the only class that does this?
  24. 450grl

Robby Gordon's Arctic Cat Wildcat

Agreed.....
  25. 450grl

I'm trying to visualize that....so it's like a landrush start with 15 cars.....wait a bit....then another landrush start with 15 cars....etc? Similar to WORCS race starts?
  26. 450grl

The BITD office said the start of this race is 15 cars per row and therefore the draw positions weren't that important......is that true? And if so....how does that work, exactly?
  27. 450grl

Official 2016 SCORE BAJA 1000 RESULTS

The YXZ is a great desert racer.....there will be more of them in the future. I'd take mine but I don't have the time or logistics in place to do Baja the right way, at the moment. Pretty surprised about the X3, too.... but maybe the recall had something to do with it?
  28. 450grl

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Matlock is broken....Millen is making a run for the finish....
  29. 450grl

How will the Turbo Maverick affect UTV racing?

Me! Which is pretty much what I ran in Vegas to Reno....and from an OEM point of view, it's always attractive to the factories to race a vehicle that is as close to what is on the showroom floor as possible - it drives sales, as consumers want to own the vehicle that wins races. Highly...
  30. 450grl

How will the Turbo Maverick affect UTV racing?

By rebuilding their machines from the ground up. Even in short course you will be hard put to find a RZR racing that hasn't replaced almost all of their suspension components with aftermarket parts.
  31. 450grl

Should BITD Have Let Max Gordon (8yr Old) Race??

I didn't race this race, but no, I don't believe at 8 year old has any business racing in this class. No matter whose kid it is.....there is a reason the legal driving age is 16 years old. There are motor skills and decision making skills that are still developing in an 8 year old....not to...
  32. 450grl

Official UTVUnderground 2016 BITD Vegas To Reno Update Thread

I didn't race Sportsman! I was in Pro Production and finished 7th......There are a few 1800 numbers now that are new for that class, I guess......
  33. 450grl

Can-Am New Can-Am X3 Coming 8.16.16

Doesn't Lacrecia run in Pro Production this year?
  34. 450grl

DragonFire Insider Best In The Desert V2R

We are very excited to mix up our race program a bit and tackle the V2R in our Dragonfire Racing / Yamaha Motor USA YXZ1000R!
  35. 450grl

TORC series anyone ?

Had a blast out there in MN!! So cool meeting so many new UTV racers, and being able to race that track for the first time....what an amazing facility!! I think we had a great turnout for a first time event!! I want to say 15 or so UTVs?? And I know those numbers will only go up...
  36. 450grl

TORC series anyone ?

I will be racing the Pro Stock class in my YXZ....and YES....I'd like to talk to them about the SR1s. If we can get some out to Crandon to demo, that would be SICK!! :)
  37. 450grl

TORC series anyone ?

We are coming out for this one......planning on all 3, actually!
  38. 450grl

Something new from Yamaha....!

Lol it's cute how you guys think I know more than you do.....! :):):)
  39. 450grl

Something new from Yamaha....!

I'll just put this here......:) https://www.facebook.com/yamahamotorusa/videos/10153906156821387/
  40. 450grl

Why not the YXZ. ?

My personal opinion is that it takes an awful lot of time and effort to not only get a machine dialed in for desert racing, but to invest in the development of it and all of the spare parts necessary to actually be competitive in the desert. For the guys racing Polaris, their whole program is...
  41. 450grl

Whats the most revolutionary UTV ever built?

I'm going to have to throw in my first SR1....that Rhino spawned a whole new class in UTV racing back in 2010 that is still growing strong today!
  42. 450grl

Why is no one racing MORE series ?

I would be interested in running some MORE races, but I had a hard time finding a schedule/info about the races....I think they would be good shake-down races and just a good time all around.
  43. 450grl

Yamaha beat down at loors.

Let's take a look at the facts. First, there is NO stock YXZ that has more HP than a turbo XP1000 - that's just silly. Turbo XP1000 on our dyno is around 110HP. My STOCK, piped YXZ1000 is 94HP. Second, this is the Production 1000 UTV class that we are talking about. This is a stock class...
  44. 450grl

Will the king be dethroned 2016 KOH

That's exactly what I was thinking!! Why doesn't BITD use this system?? It's a lot cheaper, and I was even able to track Jason and Kyle on my iphone while I was way out in the remote pits! It worked great!!
  45. 450grl

Will the king be dethroned 2016 KOH

The YXZ did amazing this weekend! Constantly impressed by what this machine is capable of!! The gear reduction kit from Tubeworks has been flawless and the pre-running we did helped Jason and Kyle know exactly what they were up against and what would be needed to finish this race. Didn't need...
  46. 450grl

FOX puts up $6000 UTV Points Purse for the 2016 MORE Series

I'd like to race one or two of these this year......tough to find one that doesn't conflict with my current schedule, but I think there are one or two I can do!
  47. 450grl

BITD adds new Pro Turbo Production UTV class

Perhaps!! ;)
  48. 450grl

Camp RZR...who is going?

We will be there - probably in Wash 4 unless we can find a spot closer to the Vendors....
  49. 450grl

BITD adds new Pro Turbo Production UTV class

I'm assuming there is still a Pro Production class? What keeps that class from still being the "premier" class? Premier, to me, means the largest field and most competition....... PS - I will most likely see you desert peeps at one or two races this year, so now I have to follow all of this stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000