Search results

1. U

Attention BITD UTV race teams

BITD needs more vehicles for the parade at the Laughlin race. The parade is on Wednesday, staging is at 3:15 and the parade starts at 4pm . There is no fee for the parade. Please call BITD and let them know that you will be in the parade. This is a great opportunity to get exposure for your team...
  2. U

Are UTV Racers Cheating at BITD??

Shame on all you guys!!!!! You are the ones who will ruin this class with your statements. Who wants to join a class with a bunch of complainers accusing others of cheating!! and me of noteching UTV properly. No one is cheating in BITD. You posts will ruin this class !!! The internet sucks!!! I...
  3. U

rear light bar setup

Call me I will help you Cory S 602-769-6164
  4. U

2015 Best in the Desert UTV rule book

The rules clearly state that the 2 inner stock frame rails and the front and rear tubes that connect them must be used. I have never seen a pro production UTV that replaced these required tubes.
  5. U

No changes were made in the latest version. The language description used in the roll cage section was rewritten. This was done to better describe the tubing required. All UTV's will need to have the correct tubing, for the diagonal bracing in the "rear window" area (the area behind the drivers...
  6. U

Parker Tech Inspection.....Results?

FYI The decision to allow the 1905 UTV to race was made by Casey Folks the race director, it had nothing to do with the UTV builder, the team or the driver. There were several UTV's that had some of the roll cage bracing tubes that were not the correct wall thickness. They were all given a...
  7. U

Parker 250 Tech Inspection

Tech Inspection will start at 8:30am on Friday. Because of the Large number of UTV's entered we are going to allow UTV's to be tech inspected before registering for the race. Please plan to come to tech early. Thank you Cory S
  8. U

New BITD points rule for 2015

As Cognito has stated the new points bonus rule has been retracted and we are back to the same points system as 2014.
  9. U

For the record; This is a BITD rule change and I had no say in it.
  10. U

Starting in 2015. There will be a new points rule. The rule is if a racer finishes all the races in the BITD series (no DNF's). That racer will receive a 50 point bonus at the end of the season. All other points rules will stay the same.
  11. U

BITD Parker 250

We ask all BITD UTV racers to read the entire UTV rule book every year. Please make the time to read through all the pages. It is important to refresh yourself on all the rules each year. All BITD UTV racers will be required to sign a document that states, that they read the rule book...
  12. U

BITD Parker 250

Great news the UTVs will have their own race!! We will start at 12:00 noon. We will race 2 laps of 80+ miles. Motos and quads start early. So we get to sleep in!!! Tech will start earlier than last year. The exact time is TBD. Plz show up to tech race ready. We r expecting 30+ UTVs. Feel free to...
  13. U

Attention UTV BITD racers

IRC will not be required for UTVs because of the late notice but IRC is available. The race is 2 laps of 80 miles
  14. U

Attention UTV BITD racers

The Henderson UTV race have been changed. The UTV's will race with the first buggy/truck race at 9am on the 80 mile loop. The UTV race will still be a Grand Prix finish. This means when the first UTV crosses the finish line all other UTVs must be on their second lap or they will get a checker...
  15. U

2015 Best in the Desert UTV class rules are posted on the UTVRA web site and will be posted on the BITD site soon. I,m not sure how to post them here. I will send them to Joey so he can post them.
  16. U

Attention all BITD UTV racers

Not sure on UTV starting position at Silver State or Vegas to Reno, but we will be starting with the buggies and trucks. 2015 UTV rules will be released October 20th.
  17. U

Attention all BITD UTV racers

Dear BITD UTV Racers, Most of you are aware that the UTV class is a growing class and in 2014 it was our fastest growing class. It has grown so much that we are out of numbers in the Pro Class. For 2015 we are going to introduce a new number system. It will affect only a small number of our...
  18. U

How will the Turbo Maverick affect UTV racing?

Of course I have been reading all of the comments on this subject as well as having one on one discussions with some of the UTV racers. Please feel free to email me with any comments or concerns [email protected]. I can tell you no decisions have been made on what class to place the new...
  19. U

Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

If you don't already know I am the Tech inspector and UTV class rep for BITD. First, it is NOT OK to go on the internet and call each other names or put each other down. The desert racing world is a family!!! We all love this sport and need to protect it, We always band together to help fellow...
  20. U

Official: 2014 Mint 400 race thread

ALL UTV TRASH PENALTIES ARE GOING TO BE DROPPED!!!!! New official results will be posted later today.
  21. U

Official: 2014 Mint 400 race thread

I will be discussing the issue of nerving with Casey next week. I will ask for a no touch rule for all pre runners in the sportsman class. Jagged X team has been racing UTV's since the beginning of the sport I have never heard anything but compliments about their sportsmanship and integrity. I...
  22. U

Mint 400 UTV/DSR1 race update

Joey you have more pull than I do, so make it happen. I would love to race 3 laps. I think you should race in a UTV, it would be a great experience for you. Your welcome to ride with me anytime. Kevin don't be sad I was just sharing my "opinion". :)
  23. U

I would also like to mention that there is 10 pro C/T limited classes that pay the same entree fees as the unlimited C/T, yet they only race 3 laps. I have not seen or heard of any of them complaining, that they only get 3 laps and pay the same. I don't think it helps our class to be accepted...
  24. U

Kevin we are paying the same entree fee as the other 2 lap classes. I did ask Casey to allow the Pro UTV class race 3 laps and the Sportsman, 850 and DSR1 to race 2 laps, he said no. He metioned that the 3 lap classes would catch some of us and that would create a safety issue. I will continue...
  25. U

Hey Rito I'm not sure if I understand your post. Just to clairifi, I have had many conversations with Casey requesting that the pro UTV class race the full course mileage at Parker, Mint and Henderson.
  26. U

The race format is; There are 2 races the first is for all the limited cars. Race #1 starts at 6am and ends at 3pm. Race #2 is TT and Class 1 it starts at approx 1pm. I am not sure when it ends. The UTV/DSR1 classes are the second to last class to start in race 1. The 1800 class starts behind...
  27. U

Joey I am sure that "respect" has nothing to do with Casey's decision. I know that Casey respects all off road racers equally! Anyone that has spent time with Casey knows that. I strongly believe that the two factors that are driving his decision are safety and finishing rates. Casey did ask all...
  28. U

The UTV/DSR1 classes will be racing 2 laps, approx 200 miles. I got a call from Casey at BITD yesterday, he had just finished reviewing the times for the UTV/DSR1 classes from last year. Based on the review only 2 of the UTV/DSR1 vehicles that raced last year would have finished within the...
  29. U

Mint 400

Approx 100 miles
  30. U

Mint 400

Please spread the word the UTV/DSR1 classes will be racing 3 laps. Please make sure to have front numbers on all race UTV/DSR1's.
  31. U

It's that time!!! Role call for the Parker 250

After much debate and discussion it has been decided that UTVs will be racing 2 laps at the Parker 250. See ya there.
  32. U

It's that time!!! Role call for the Parker 250

I'm working on the full 3 laps, plan for it. I don't have a firm answer yet.
  33. U

To all Mint 400 UTV/DSR1 racers

I do my best to check the chat boards and answer questions when I can. The Blue light question had been asked,answered and debated several times on the chat board. Any UTV/DSR1 racers that have questions should call or e-mail me. The UTV/DSR1 class is the only classes that has a dedicated person...
  34. U

Casey Folks owns and operates BITD. Casey says the UTV/DSR1 class has to race with a spec blue strobe light, as well as the blue solid led, amber solild led and the amber flashing led. This is for safety reasons. This light thing has been debated on other threads. Any further disscussion should...
  35. U

Jim Conner Racing 928-855-0912 I recieved an e-mail today from the manufacture asking if I still wanted to sell the lights I responded yes but have not recieved an email back yet. I will keep u posted. I know that there is no mark up on these lights they are being sold at cost.
  36. U

Yes Rito this applys to all racers. Feel free to protest me after any race. but concider this part of the rule. Protests considered by the chief steward that shows a lack of sportsmanship may not be accepted. I had 1 burnt out tail/brake light bulb, that must of burnt out at the start...
  37. U

This light is mandated by BITD. You will need to contact Casey at BITD to get the details on why it is necessary. Casey mandated this light in the name of safety and said it will be required on other class vehicles in the near future. The light must be purchased from Jim Conner racing and cost...
  38. U

o PROTESTS<O:p</O:p SGP1: The director, with or without protest, has the right to penalize, fine, disqualify, and/or suspend any vehicle or entrant for violation of any Best In The Desert Racing Association/The American Off-Road Racing Series rules. Another entrant within the same class may make...
  39. U

John your such a meany! UTV racers would have to pay Buggie/Truck entree fees so your fees would increase Rito
  40. U

I am very sorry that I let you all down. I am sorry that I did not show up for tech inspections. I will not allow this to happen again. I will plan for the future to have a alternate UTV/DSR1 tech inspector. I thank you all for dealing with the situation. Thank you for your patients. Sincerely...
  41. U

Wanted to introduce myself and show you my dsr1 rzr

From what I can see in the pics the rear suspension does not comply with the BITD Pro DSR1 rules. I would like to discuss this with you. Plz call me when you get a chance.
  42. U

UTV Class Info for SCORE/HDRA

Hello all UTV racers if you don't already know, my name is Cory Sappington and I am your UTV class rep and tech inspector for SCORE/HDRA. I am available 24/7 to answer questions about UTV rules, builds, chassie tags, where to stay in mexico, what you need to race Baja, ect........ I have been...
  43. U

I have 155 miles on mine no problems. U can drill 2 holes and safety wire it. That is what i am...

I have 155 miles on mine no problems. U can drill 2 holes and safety wire it. That is what i am going to do. There is a $1500 discount on mavericks that r purchased for racing as your dealer about it
  44. U

BRP/Can-Am announces 2013 Contingency

Can-Am steps up BIG to support off road racing Here is the link http://www.canamatv.net/2013/01/15/w...ency-for-2013/ Go buy a Can-Am start racing and win some money!!!
  45. U

New BITD UTV class for 2013

No, there were not enough teams to make the class for 2013. The plan is for the 800cc and under UTVs to race in the sportsman UTV class (they can always race the Pro class if the choose) The UTVRA will collect $100 at tech, for a prize fund, from the teams that want to particpate. If there are 5...
  46. U

Sure we can make it 840cc. Right now I have not recieved any e-mails from teams willing to commit. I have been desert racing since the early 70s and have raced in many differant classes. When it comes to "respect" the UTVs recieve the same respect that all other classes recieve. UTVs are...
  47. U

BITD UTV/DSR1 class 2013 update

I will work on getting a pic. The light is 3" square.
  48. U

Yes, it would be a pro class. I need to make the decision by Dec 21. Please spread the word.
  49. U

Just to be clear the light is being mandated by Casey Folks (owner of BITD) UTVRA has nothing to do with it. The light will be sold to the racers at cost (no profit will be made). Casey has more experience in providing SAFE offroad racing than any of us and I would appreciate if we could all...
  50. U

There are 2 rule changes for 2013 BITD UTV/DSR1 classes will be a mandatory spec blue strobe light. Yes! we will now be required to have 4 rear facing safety lights. This new light will make it safer for our classes by making us more visable in the dust. This light will only be required when we...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000