Search results

1. O

BITD Class Vote on turbos

Driveline phase and the angle of the outputs are 2 different animals. I think he explained it pretty well if you go back and read it again.
  2. O

Racers Questionaire from V2R

Bill, Glad to hear things are at least moving forward. I really think that while Cory does want the best for the class that having a panel or board with real power is the most important issue we have. Nobody wants to give up "their baby" but its the only way to get a true gauge of the needs of...
  3. O

Is Cory Sappington and the UTVRA relevant?

1. Everybody readily admits that Cory has done a lot for the sport. The problem is having one person making all the decisions. Even if he has the purest heart in the universe the fact that he is sponsored by Can-Am, and makes the rules in a class he races, is a conflict of interest. A committee...
  4. O

How will the new "game changer cars" affect the current cars and class?

Agreed! I should have clarified.
  5. O

How will the new "game changer cars" affect the current cars and class?

Logic has never played a part in the turbo/class discussion to date!
  6. O

The State of the UTV Desert Racing Class

That sucks! As a racer in the Unlimited class I was glad to see her and others moving to our class no matter what their reasons were. I've had serious teething issues but once things are worked out I don't want to be racing 1 or 2 guys. I would much rather have larger car counts.
  7. O

Are UTV Racers Cheating at BITD??

I was a few feet away from the MB pass at the UTVWC and it was indeed impressive. I got to admire Rieds confidence in his team. Not always justified but very loyal! LOL Always good for a smile on my face. I wanted to come down and introduce myself but wasn't really in the mood after having...
  8. O

Are UTV Racers Cheating at BITD??

Post up the facebook rant and lets get to the bottom of it! I'm pretty sure all the Pro production class cars were checked at Parker for at least cylinder size. I don't think Cory's new thinga ma jig checks stroke though? Looks to me like all the top cars are fairly equal so that would indicate...
  9. O

Utv Hard Ramming.. Our Mint 400 #1958 aka The Pink Car

Some good points worth talking about being made. I was glad to see that there wasn't pre-running allowed by the afternoon racers this year. We got taken out of the race last year after getting slammed twice by a trophy truck. I tend to think a stern tap made by another car in the class after...
  10. O

30/9.50r15 LT tires for Polaris Rzr XP 1000 - what I've found

I run the 30" 9.50/ 15 General AT's. So far they have been indestructible. I have yet to have a flat or wear one out. With that being said I do wish they were a little more aggressive. I did a minor groove job on the rears removing every 4th lug on the rears and it helped quite a bit. Before the...
  11. O

UTV World Championship LIVE Coverage!

I thought the start was awesome. I started in the middle of row 4 and had planned on taking it easy and letting everybody get out front. The flag dropped and I hit the button and popped the clutch and started shifting gears. Got to turn one and I was in 3rd place out of my row. I guess I should...
  12. O

Mint 400

Farther down in the thread they said that they were still deciding on what the cutoff would be and apologized for saying the six hours. Some people were freaking out prematurely. I'm sure they will give everyone as much time as they can. Even if you only make 2 laps you still get almost 60 more...
  13. O

Tim Wyatt WORCS Rd. 1 Race Report W/ Video

Nice job. The video would be more interesting if you didn't get the hole shot and had to do some passing:D. That looks like a pretty fun track.
  14. O

Mint 400

:DAccording to a thread on RDC it looks like we get the full distance at the Mint this year! Yeee Haww. http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/changes-for-the-2015-mint-400.120922/page-3#post-1660561
  15. O

WTB Used Parker Pumper Fresh Air...

Speedway motors has Tru Air units pretty cheap. Not sure that very many people ever take them out unless they are broken so I would guess used ones are not easy to come by.
  16. O

Drill a hole and put a bolt in it!;) Cheap and secure.
  17. O

Help with race radio setup

Another vote for rugged! I use them in my race car, and truck as well as all the Ultra 4 teams I pit or co drive for. I don't really think there is a big difference in the products but the support from Rugged is always spot on. That alone makes them the best choice.
  18. O

Polaris trailing arms?

Lots of issues with doing this. It is doable but as was pointed out, longer arms change the leverage point. Going wider not only increases your stability it also can give you more travel without binding the C.V.'s. Moving the diff would help with the front to back angle changes caused by the...
  19. O

Badassmav Baja 1000 updates ?

Not sure why you want to come out and ruin a perfectly good internet argument with things like FACTS. Thanks a lot for ruining what could have turned in to a huge amount of pages of worthless dribble based on one guys uninformed opinion.:D
  20. O

BJ Baldwin's RECOIL 2 - Video

On the first view I thought 1 was better......... Than after watching 2 a couple of times the true badassness came thru. The size of the drops he was going off were amazing. How cool would it be go tearing thru a city. Similar to Kent Blocks video in San Fran. but with more jumping. A couple of...
  21. O

BITD rules

Good question. I had the same thought as soon as I saw that Can-Am was releasing one. Second question is going to be if it has to be a factory turbo or not? If Can-Am is the only one with a factory turbo and BITD allows it, I would think it would open up the field to aftermarket turbos for the...
  22. O

Which Lowrance GPS ?

I have the Lowrance HDS 5 in the race car with the external ant. and it works great, but I've never used it for anything other than speed and distance while testing and downloading the race course. It works great with the race course on it, so I would imagine it would work well with other maps...
  23. O

The UTV Underground Pro Desert Racer Questionnaire

Following Reid's testimony I'll play. We are a new team and have had lots of teething issues on our first season. We went way out of the box on our build so its cost us some time trying to re-invent the wheel. UTV Pro Desert Racing Questionnaire I am sure some of the info would apply to...
  24. O

Official 2014 Vegas To Reno Update Thread

Man I'm glad you guys are ok. I wouldn't of had the restraint you had if I would have been on the receiving end of that one. Its just plain wrong on so many levels. We all try to do the right thing and get over but the overtaking race car is responsible for making a safe pass! This above the...
  25. O

Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

Serious issue for sure. We got hit at the Mint by a Trophy lite hard enough to break a trailing arm and do a ton of other damage. While not fun I was glad that it wasn't a trophy truck. Not sure if its just me or not but I've gotten the impression "especially as a new racer" that BITD doesn't...
  26. O

KTM XV-990 UTV (concept) Check it out..

I don't really care for the drawings. The wheelbase looks to short among other things. Knowing KTM, if they come out with a SXS I would expect it to be top notch. I wonder if the 990 is out of their adventure bike? I think it puts out close to 150 Hp in the bike. It also has different Map...
  27. O

ITP - UTVUnderground FORUM MEMBER GIVEAWAY! FREE WHEELS AND TIRES!

Tires are the bomb and those are some sharp looking wheels. It would be nice to dress up the ride.
  28. O

Yamaha Gsxr 750 in rhino fuel problems

Don't forget to but a little trap door in with a mesh basket behind it so you can cook your burritos!
  29. O

I would wrap them and give yourself as much air space as you can between them and your fire wall. You could always come back and put some of the glue on heat shielding on the inside of the fire wall if you think its getting to hot.
  30. O

All UTV's gsxr rhino knocking

Might be something you have to play with. I would tighten it up and run it at several different tensions and see what it does. If that seems to work you could always think about running some kind of spring loaded tensioner so that you weren't having to adjust it as the chain stretches.
  31. O

All UTV's gsxr rhino knocking

Hard to say from the video but it doesn't sound like the gear box to me. Sounds more like the chain is smacking something which would explain why it goes away with more tension on it.
  32. O

Nice. Glad you got it running. You are going to have to do some serious heat shielding to protect yourself and your seats from those headers. I have mine wrapped and they still put off some serious heat.
  33. O

Avid Racing's Mint 400 recap

Nice report. Good job on getting to the finish. It was nice meeting you. We will either see you at the SS or before when we hook up with ADS and get some testing in.
  34. O

Official: 2014 Mint 400 race thread

1965 SR1 will be there! Put me down for 8 Booya's:D Can't wait to check out the Beer Hauler in person. Sweet old truck!
  35. O

Mint 400 UTV/DSR1 race update

While I'm new to racing BITD and we didn't make it very far at Parker I would like to see the full milages as well. Desert racing is all about pushing yourselves and your equipment. We spend just as much time and energy as any class out there to make it to the races and should get just as many...
  36. O

It's that time!!! Role call for the Parker 250

Anybody know if we are supposed to have IRC trackers for Parker? IRC didn't think they were supporting the 250 so I'm assuming we don't need them?
  37. O

What did UTV santa bring you?

I must have been good! Santa brought me the last couple of pieces of safety gear I needed. Racing shoes, nomex soxs, and fire rated gloves. I thought I might be getting coal after I bought myself a chase truck radio and headset right before Christmas!
  38. O

2014 King Of The Hammers - YES there will be a UTV Race!

Drama, Drama, Drama. First of all they want UTV's at KOH. As usual its the few complainers making it hard on everyone else. Second people commenting on rock crawlers having no respect for UTV's is complete nonsense. Different classes of rigs always have a rivalry and I often refer to UTV's as...
  39. O

All UTV's UTV Shock Brands?

X2 on ADS:D Great shocks with great support! ADS supports lots of local racers as well as some big teams. This means lots of R&D so the rec. rider gets a top quality product without the big company markup!
  40. O

BITD Announces Pro UTV 850 Class - PLEASE READ & COMMENT IF YOU PLAN TO RACE

Thats cool. There are quite a few of them out there but you don't really see them racing. It would be great to see another brand out there duking it out. I've looked at them but never ridden in or driven one. How do you think your 800 compares to the other stuff under 850 cc's? I knew a guy that...
  41. O

I got my fingers crossed!:D:D:D 3 Laps would be the bomb!
  42. O

Thats pretty accurate.Your forearms ache and your covered in slime! Yeah pretty much like you said!:eek:
  43. O

Beyond Insanity Racing is in barring any major failures in testing:rolleyes:. We are going to try and race the whole series this year. As for tire balls---Not running them in my car but I pit for S.C.'s 4400 car and have a lot of experience with them. They are an awesome product and can win...
  44. O

Team Rally on the Rocks races the Henderson 250

Nice!:D Great finish for your first race.
  45. O

KOH COUNTDOWN

Congrats on getting to come out. It will change your prospective.;) I missed the first 2 years but after my first KOH I haven't missed one since. I will be out all week as well. Stop by Shannon Cambells pit and say hi if your wandering around. If I'm not there I will be out wheeling. You can...
  46. O

SCORE wants your input on increasing PRO UTV entries

This is were its at. The whole reason I built a DSR1 is that I could build my own chassis with stock mounting points. With the car counts so much higher in the production class I would have rather built for that but the budget just wasn't there.
  47. O

SCORE wants your input on increasing PRO UTV entries

I agree with most of what's been said. The safety aspect is huge and with the speeds being hit now it can't change. My biggest factor is obviously cost. Long term goal is to race Baja. It's been on the bucket list for a long time. For me personally including DSR1's in the pro class like BITD...
  48. O

Radio help

Call the guys at rugged and they will get you squared away. Good prices and always willing to help out. Not to mention they hardly shed a tear on a midnight run up Chocolate thunder at midnight during last year KOH week!:D
  49. O

Black Rhino Sponsored SC Off-Road Baja 1000

Nice write up. I enjoyed reading it. I would be curious to know why it lost a cylinder? Keep us posted once you figure out what happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000