Search results

1. F

Rally Racing in a UTV

What can you guys tell us about the vehicle rules? What mods would a stock X3, YXZ or XP1K require to compete? I know, make it wider and lower, but what are the minimum requirements? I'm sure 5 point restraints, but what about cages, doors, fuel cells, windshields etc?
  2. F

Rally Racing in a UTV

Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! Could see some real growth here for UTV's...
  3. F

Vegas Supercross tickets!!

Factory UTV is sponsoring an auction for 2 tickets to the 2017 Supercross Finale in Las Vegas Nv on Saturday May 6th!! 100% of the proceeds will go to the @road2recovery fund for injured #futvarmy Support racer @colt45moore. These are center of the stadium, 21 rows up. Best seats in the house...
  4. F

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

Hope you are right because Arctic Cats customer support is the worst I have ever experienced. I would NEVER buy another AC product from the old management. We just went through a 3 year fight on warranty issue with AC on a Wildcat. We have the luxury of having several UTV's so it wasn't as bad...
  5. F

Who Here Has Actually Run the Baja 1000 in a UTV?

Had some buddies say fuck it, lets run the Baja 500 about 5 years ago. Not a very experienced crew and they ran an LS powered buggy (sorry not sure of the class). I lost one of my friends that race after their car broke and he hitched a ride in a truck to the next Check or pit. Truck rolled...
  6. F

KOH Pick the winner.

I was really pulling for a Branden Sims win this year, he's been knocking on that door ..
  7. F

Factory UTV UHMW Equipped UTV's Dominate 2017 King Of The Hammers UTV Race

The King Of The Hammers UTV Race is widely acknowledged to be the toughest 1 day UTV race in the world. Factory UTV UHMW Armor is widely acknowledged to be the best Armor available for your UTV. It's no surprise then that KOH 2017's first 9 finishers across the finish line all equipped their...
  8. F

KOH Pick the winner.

I think having the big hitters like The Curries, Campbells and Millers in there just helps the image of UTV racing in a very positive way. The Guthries were mixing it up with them just fine before mechanical difficulties. They get to prerun the Hammers anyway and driving an Ultra4 and a UTV has...
  9. F

KOH Pick the winner.

A Factory UTV equipped UTV! Since 14 of the top 15 qualifiers had Factory UTV UHMW armor I like the chances...
  10. F

12 great gifts for Can-Am Maverick X3 side-by-side vehicle owners

Not turbocharged, but a great stocking stuffer for Christmas! (result of stock X3 skid usage also pictured #grinch)
  11. F

SpeedCat77 Baja Facts

Minimum unit sales are part of the AMA Homologation rules as well. Doesn't seem to me that Arctic Cat came anywhere near meeting these rules. I have never raced BITD or SCORE, but raced two wheels off road for a couple decades and helped run a few large events (1000 + entries). From all I read...
  12. F

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Congrats to Rhys and the Sims/Carver team! Any update on where Wayne Matlock finished? Still on the podium? Guessing he's going to need a new skid :-)
  13. F

Your Picks to WIN the 2016 SCORE Baja 1000

My prediction is a team with the foresight to run the best protection between their machine and the baja terrain comes away on top. Soooo Wayne Matlock, Marc Burnett ,Branden Sims / Jake Carver, Justin Lambert, Brandon Schueler, Kristen Matlock or Rhys Millen #futvarmy!
  14. F

Staggs Blue Water Race Report

Good stuff Jeremiah :cool:
  15. F

Should BITD Have Let Max Gordon (8yr Old) Race??

Wow,this is a tough one. For sure should be a fully legal UTV. 8 seems very young, I wouldn't personally put my kids in that situation. The comments about helmet weight is something that really bothers me about California's helmet law. I think small children strapped in properly are probably...
  16. F

Can am Maverick X3

Love that Can Am skipped the BNG approach and jumped several years ahead in one fell swoop. They couldn't have picked a better time in my opinion with the recall issue happening. Polaris has sold a bunch of UTV's since the first RZR in 07. They should have more than enough resources to respond...
  17. F

FACTORY UTV UHMW ARMOR PROTECT MINT 400 WINNERS

Huge Congrats to #913 Branden Sims taking home the top spot in the UTV Pro Turbo Class and UTV Overall Victory at the 2016 The Mint 400 Cognito Motorsports, Inc #1918 Justin Lambert took home the top prize in the UTV Pro class. The husband and wife team of Kristen and Wayne Matlock pulled off an...
  18. F

Mint 400 side bet

Impressive win Mr. Sims, congratulations! Even more impressed with the sportsmanship after you crossed the finish line. We're proud to support you.
  19. F

Who is attending / camping at King of The Hammers! UTVUG Compound??

Hmmm.... wonder how this notice changes things on driving anywhere? http://corva.org/news/3752682?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
  20. F

Who is attending / camping at King of The Hammers! UTVUG Compound??

We'll be out there enjoying the festivities as well :cool:
  21. F

FUTV Army 2015 Race Season

Huge congrats to the #futvarmy Factory UTV Support racers on an amazing 2015 race season! We help armor the top UTV race teams across North America from Can Am, Polaris and Yamaha with the best UTV protection products on the market. Let us help you protect your ride in 2016 with the industry...
  22. F

RZR vs MAVERICK vs YXZ - Who wins?

Rotating mass does make a big difference and depending on machine can make a huge difference. From my own experience, we put 30in molded paddles on heavy cast aluminum rims on our XP1K and it handled them just fine, out performing the stock knobbies easily climbing sand hills. Put the exact same...
  23. F

The sand at Sand Mountain Nv in Sept is very soft and dry. XP41K with sand tires was having lots of difficulty just making it up comp hill, failing about 1/2 the time. My point was when I hit my shift points correctly, (made much easier using the shift light) the YXZ was much faster up the...
  24. F

YXZ is the best platform for a hill shooter hands down in my opinion. 6 months from now Turbo YXZ's will be spankin ass everywhere. Driver is going to play a big difference though, not point and shoot like the Mav or XP's. Shooting the face at Sand Mountain Nevada a couple days ago which is...
  25. F

Burnett RZR Burns To Ground

Holy crap that sucks!! Hope Marc and crew are all OK.
  26. F

New Yamaha?

Rekluse clutch option will be sweet for those who like crawling around...
  27. F

New Yamaha?

That's what I was thinking too, why would the frame have a downward angle like that. Looking forward to seeing exactly what's what with it.
  28. F

Factory UTV Announces UHMW Protection for RZR XP Turbo

In stock and ready to ship, these packages include a Full Skid Plate, A-arm Guards, Trailing Arm Guards and Rock Sliders (all also sold separately). Forum member price for the complete 3/8 package is $999 and includes shipping. Coupon Code: xp1k-ultimate. RZR XP Turbo Ultimate Three Eighth...
  29. F

New Yamaha?

Going to be bad ass! The future of UTV transmissions...
  30. F

New Yamaha?

Got to believe that a manual transmission will be much more effecient than a CVT as far as HP loss to the tires goes. Hope it has an auto clutch paddle shifter feature like the FJ1300 streetbike.
  31. F

Is Cory Sappington and the UTVRA relevant?

No, not a BITD racer but support a bunch of them. The facebook post was completely unprofessional and shows clear bias. You just can't have that coming from a sports judge and jury. Saw that post and just said WOW...
  32. F

who wins V2R

Since it's a long brutal race, I'm going to go with a Factory UTV protected machine for the win :) 1905 Marc Burnett - MB Motorsports 1971 Wayne Matlock - Terabbit Racing 1913 Branden Sims - Sims Motorsports 1919 Brandon Schueler - Jagged X 1931 Craig Scanlon - Jagged X 1918 Justin Lambert -...
  33. F

Who's going to the Silver State 300?

We're leaving tomorrow and will be there all week for the Supercross, any suggestions for spectating? Maybe time trials?
  34. F

Best Places to Ride in Arizona?

We rode some killer trails outside Oatman Az after the UTVWC.
  35. F

My NEW Mud Machine.. Its about time!

Saw it at contingency, seriously bad ass build.
  36. F

Factory UTV 2015 Can Am Maverick X ds A-Arm Armor

Factory UTV sets the gold standard in undercarriage protection for the full Can Am Maverick line of UTV's. Now we're proud to introduce our Maverick/Maverick Max X ds Turbo Line UHMW A-Arm Guards. The UHMW guards protect the bottom and side areas of Maverick Arms from the harshest obstacles you...
  37. F

Revisiting The California Helmet Law...

Fan of helmets, not a fan of the law. Rock crawling just don't see the need for one, but won't ride fast paced without one. I've been running a Nolan N104 which is a full face, but the whole front flips up so you can ride open face if you want or make talking to someone much easier. Setup so...
  38. F

Fabrication shops in Nor Cal?

You can stop in and talk to David, we're pretty busy and not sure of your time frame... Factory UTV 9237 Beatty Drive Sacramento, Ca 95826 Phone: 916-383-2730
  39. F

UTVUnderground.com Celebrates 6 Year Anniversary

Congrats on UTVUG success Joey. Here's to 6 more years and 6 more after that :cool:
  40. F

Parker Tech Inspection.....Results?

Great points, great season and as a lifelong offroad racing fan I gotta say one of the great grassroots stories I've seen unfold. Congrats on doing it the right way and seeing that hard work and dedication pay off with your successes last year. We're proud to have played a small part in...
  41. F

Official Parker 250 update thread!!!

Thanks for the updates Joey, keep em coming.
  42. F

who wins the parker 250/150

I predict someone protecting their machine with Factory UTV UHMW armor will come out on top this weekend :D
  43. F

supercross 2015

FIM is the international sanctioning body for MX racing and used to run a World Supercross Series. AMA SX and FIM SX used to share events with separate championships but at some point in the mid 2000's 06-07? they combined the series and created a single championship with the prestige of a World...
  44. F

supercross 2015

Looks like Bubba got a new job... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VdTXDrICmU
  45. F

supercross 2015

Watch out for Tomac if he stays healthy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000