Search results

1. I

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

We can always pray for those needing help seemingly not available from ourselves yet teaching values to children by fighting for them in their presence is not our "job" but our responsibility. Compare your above reality to guys trying to convince their wives that ball sports are much safer than...
  2. I

Take a look back: Whenever there are rules being changed or broken to benefit racers or those promoting their kids to and someone 'dares' to question any of it? How about "old" men and women simply preferring that kids around the world be taught values versus standing on a podium somehow being...
  3. I

If you disagree with the age gap in the 570 class...and always have....simply step up and say so the second that it crosses your mind versus "not disagreeing" with someone who is (finally) willing to say it. Get a mother of one of these 10 year olds up here and I can guarantee that she will not...
  4. I

Motorsports have NEVER been less dangerous than ball sports for inexperienced 10 year old children piloting souped up flying cars with a testosterone overdosed 16 year old breathing down their neck (period). Anyone who would make that statement with any seriousness is akin to the yahoos...
  5. I

New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

The DCT or exponential fun multiplier is not "hype". 104 HP is nothing but a place setter for an an extremely conservative offroad culture built on quality first. Polaris did not approach the market in this manner and suffered mightily for it, Consequently, no amount of marketing fought off the...
  6. I

"Racing" a yet-to-be built Talon or better yet "Fear" surrounding the racing of a mythical Talon. Only Honda could ever elicit such emotions with but a 104 HP NA car driven by a geared transmission system like no other. I'm glad that Honda is waiting until spring. New UTV owners in the next...
  7. I

It got pretty quiet when that DCT launched itself out of that guy's driveway and Honda's launch patent confirmed Yamaha's smart move in that direction (already) as well. Folks just aren't all that in to smelling rubber burning unless its their tires. ;)
  8. I

UTV manufacturers will never do the research needed (nor should they) incorporating products used as they were never intended to be. Anybody not willing to incorporate the decades of data already out there as the only available substitute is not only an idiot but a clear and present danger to...
  9. I

"Having experience in kids offroad motorsports" equaling "Having experience in 570 class flying cars driven by vastly less inexperienced 10 year olds against 16 year olds" ??? ...and (somehow) your 'experience' above leads you to conclude that a 1000 class car NEEDS aluminum floorboards...while...
  10. I

If you are (now) "calling me out"...then it would be helpful to present some thoughts of your own versus repeated/constant "tell me....tell me ...tell me(s)..." as frankly a child comes back with (again and again) when he doesn't quite understand the word around him. If you run around town...
  11. I

"Playing" isn't asking somebody to explain themselves without offering an opinion of your own at the outset so that an actual two-sided debate may commence. Offer an opinion on the 2018 rules, any changes needing to be made or not. As with SandShark feigning absolutely no knowledge of solutions...
  12. I

... ...and I heard that 'any day now' the rubber band manufacturers are going to catch up (over 2 years later) with Yamaha and 'launch' a no-extra-cost/no extra wear 'belt drag system' installed in every wind-up-toy car sold moving forward. I also heard that once they get the autonomous...
  13. I

"...Honda never resting in continuous product cycles of improvements and added features has filed a patent US 10150481 that in layman's terms allow you to pull back on both paddles simultaneously, pin the throttle, and let go to effectively dump the clutch for high powered launches. This would...
  14. I

(Previously from SS): "...I now own a X-3 RS and the primary clutch was bad from the factory (replaced under warranty at 86 miles). I also have have issues with the check engine light and limp mode. As I tear into the car I often shake my head. Had all three spark plugs drowning in anti-seize...
  15. I

Perhaps you can 'comment' on the suggestions already made versus claiming that none have been while attempting to discredit. I have posted not one but three suggested changes that obviously need to be made...twice. The fact that nobody has the guts to challenge a single one of them for the sake...
  16. I

If you're OK with rules apparently bent to accommodate mystery participants and the following (which nobody cares to comment upon) I doubt that there is much 'discrimination' (period): "..Allowing 570's to not run bumpers is nearly as bad as not demanding that all bumpers be fabricated exactly...
  17. I

New here

Welcome..nice to see someone showing off what can be done and hopefully inspiring someone else to do the same with maybe a used machine picked up at a good price. It's also good to hear an owner simply claiming that they will be owning their car for a very long time. It's gotten to the point in...
  18. I

Mint 400 entry costs...speak your mind

https://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-xx/91003-bullock-wins-vegas-reno-pro-utv-n-class.html If the entry fees aren't set high enough, 'Joe Blow' might pull a 2018 V2R with much less effort and/or money spent which probably wouldn't set well with a whole lot of folks. There is really only...
  19. I

"...Unfortunately less then a few days before posting the rules he swayed toward one parent who is bringing 8 cars and decided to exclude the rest of the 20 plus cars that would show up..." Still waiting to see how these (new?) rules shook out for the JoeSixPack family wanting to race the...
  20. I

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

It's been a bit ironic in terms of 'us vs them' since major American manufacturer/innovator Cree out of NC built the first major US factory in China back in 2010 to expand there and license others to produce their LEDs. Advances have come so quickly since then that a modern relatively tiny...
  21. I

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

It would be easier to compare the copies in detail if lighting manufacturers were more forthcoming as to exactly what LED is being used in any given light. End users are becoming more educated as to the latest LEDs available. They will also soon demand to have an LED which suits their individual...
  22. I

Whenever safety rules are being made under the influence of anyone there really aren't any rules being made. Fat chance that they are followed at the finish line either. The UTV class nationwide has rarely followed many of the basic rules put forward so why should anyone care about these kids...
  23. I

It looks as if a lack of effort to craft the rules with any sense of concern for much of anything ruined the race before it even started. http://utvwinternationals.com/index.php/utv-winter-nationals-class-rules Are the 2019 World's rules the same as the 2018 rules posted above? The Youth class...
  24. I

Honda never intended for a 20K ( + or - ) Talon to 'compete' with a 30K ( + or - ) Turbo S. With the government's current and perhaps permanent engine displacement size boot on UTV manufacturer's throats, the worldwide economy less than certain and disposable income in a luxury market at risk...
  25. I

Merry Christmas! (Billy Graham; February, 1918 - November 2018)
  26. I

Again, we're back to the "go big or go home" (yet still put up with old rubber band technology ) / 30K+ fantasy world which the Talon obviously isn't competing in and which the average enthusiast cannot afford. Duners and desert folk have been having a blast with the exact same HP class of car...
  27. I

Since nobody else is apparently willing to contradict 'the best'; I will offer the following: Neither of the machines listed is even close to "double the HP" of the Talon (208 HP) nor does the Talon possess "half the power". "Half the suspension" is just as laughable. "Small power" is not 104...
  28. I

(2018 rules?): http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com/sites/default/files/images/documents/2018/2018UTVtechnicalrulebook_v2.pdf
  29. I

If the Talon sells well without educating the public while the other shoe(s) drop at the same time then history will simply take over in terms of what is and always has been needed in a truly quality (fairly affordable) offroad car.
  30. I

...by the way, I just noticed the "game changer' tag...not on purpose mind you...only chose that one for the German Stihl employee's first hand spiel... ;)
  31. I

(Honda Talon showroom in 2019): Videos of those trying to sell you extra NEEDED or 'improved' non-OEM CVT parts... Videos of those frustrated with springs, hammering and the very loud noises created but necessary for the job(s)... An outdoor display where the wife can blow out her own CVT drive...
  32. I

I was really hoping that we wouldn't have to get in to the basic practical aspects of 'compressed air cleaning' by offering you a stick-a-nozzle-in-the-door-of-your-house example yet I obviously failed to consider the audience. Blowing stuff around, while it may be the only method available, is...
  33. I

...the myth being propagated here is that one merely heads out of Harbor Freight with the cheapest compressor they carry...points it at their cvt housing like some kind of magic wand...and...waalahh!...sparklier than Mr. Clean's white arse. When a preventative maintenance program for your 20K+...
  34. I

You miss the point (again) whether it continually be on purpose or not: NOBODY WANTS TO GET ON THEIR KNESS AND STICK A 150# PRESSURE (MINIMUM) AIR NOZZLE INSIDE A CLUTCH COVER HOUSING WHILE BLINDLY PULLING THE TRIGGER PRAYING THAT ABRASIVE PARTICLES DON'T SIMPLY MIGRATE FROM ONE WEAR SURFACE TO...
  35. I

Some of you folks out there on the left coast certainly have a different way of looking at things. Perhaps this is why meaningful discussion involving 'average' UTV owners has been so elusive. I always thought that Honda's ad campaigns were pretty lame (see their most recent ones with the $6...
  36. I

Having the choice wasn't the point and I never said that there ever was one in any other class. I was referring to Yamaha and now Honda proving that the future is (now) the past in even much more lightly built cars. The naysayers are coming back with their typical 'overstating the fact'...
  37. I

As has been posted out numerous times, the only present owners currently "dumping" 20K-30K+ cars with crappy resale value in this relatively new market are those not studying the meat and potatoes (average JoeSchmoe) 2019 market for long term reliability, proven quality or much easier...
  38. I

Then buck up and argue your point with the previous poster in this thread making a living fixing them...not me. I'll make it easy for you: Post #19 from http://www.airdamclutches.com The pain-in-the-arse CVT maintenance videos listed in Post #9 got the same "yeah, but we don't want to talk...
  39. I

Nobody ever claimed that rubber band driven/over stressed/bound-to-fail-over-time-due-to-vastly-inferior-parts/construction 'turbos' were not being sold to high(er) HP seeking new owners not educated as to how gear driven machines dominate offroad for good reason (see any 'big boy' major off...
  40. I

I would offer that Yamaha dramatically improved their gearing to save owners $1300 while necessarily going to war with the Talon next year. Previous kits were not the same. The suspension has been addressed in a significant manner. Go to 3:55 in the video above (post #42) Honda's gear drive...
  41. I

Yamaha's 2019 entry (below; drastically lower gearing explained up to 1:30) proves that they have accomplished what needs to be just as its only competition in the 'big boy' world of geared transmissions explodes on the market. Geared drives are not a "niche" anywhere in the off road world which...
  42. I

Again, Yamaha and now Honda have simply differentiated themselves from the 'me-too' (old tech) segment of the current marketplace now dominated by (amazingly) long-in-the-tooth belt driven cars. Standing alone in a significant manner is a long and expensive investment about to pay off. Fact: The...
  43. I

Honda and any other actual automobile manufacturer with far superior across-the-board too-numerous-to-mention-here capabilities don't bother with eggs or baskets. They supply the chicks, feed and processing facilities which ultimately dominate 'homegrown' farmer's markets for comparison. I...
  44. I

Honda's entry in to the sport market changes the game (period). It is laughable that anyone must argue this point let alone 'the phrase' or their long history of initially conservative groundbreaking market entries in to ANY market. Throw in their functionally exclusive, giggle producing...
  45. I

I have and was simply throwing any XX disciples their fabled "UTV of the Year" bone for 2018 (according to utv'action'magazine)...as 2019 and beyond are going to be tough years for those who have never possessed the engineering capabilities required to compete with those who do in the 21st...
  46. I

Strong opinions are what we need in comparing the Talon to anything else with these cars beginning to differentiate themselves. Not necessarily in 'love' with the Talon yet if the XX is it's #1 competitor then members need to actually start citing those design comparisons. I very simply do not...
  47. I

I agree that the more expensive Polaris versions are gear driven in reverse along with the equally expensive Wildcat XX...yet I did not know that 'all' of the lesser expensive CanAm CVT drives were gear driven as well (ie. those lesser HP models about to compete with the Talon). "...just don't...
  48. I

...is any current silence concerning 'reverse' somehow connected with the fact that certain cars don't even offer a gear driven reverse (labor and/or wallet intensive aftermarket upgrades available only to simply 'bigger chains')...unless one ponies up thousands of dollars more for a turbo...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000