Search results

1. A

Rzr supercharger vs turbo

supercharger is more complicated with a belt drive system off the stator side of the engine. there are people who make these kits, they are costly and more complicated than a turbo. a turbo exhaust manifold, bolt the turbo on, and run the exhaust back out the back, pipe in the new charge line...
  2. A

Best UTV for highway use and daily extended street driving

a 2015+ XP1000 4 seater. they are able to run 70mph for sustained periods of time better than any of the others mentioned. the vast majority of those mentioned wont run but 55mph maxed out. (viking, pioneer, teryx) the 2014 XP1000 4 seater had a bad gear ratio trans, they burned belts much...
  3. A

New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

90% of the power hungry guys have a reflash on their turbo car before the 6month warranty runs out. and a mild tune on either the X3 or TurboRZR is well into the range of double what the honda puts out. thats why i said the "power hungry" crowd. there are guys daily buying the stage 3, 4, and 5...
  4. A

i can see "ItsYourLegacy" trying to figure out how to use the #150psi air hose https://media.giphy.com/media/FZomeTV3Xls4M/giphy.gif
  5. A

the majority of the crowd on this forum is west coast, dunes and desert. bigger tires are king, they pull harder in the dunes and ride smoother in the rough stuff. a CVT is a lot more forgiving because of how it can be "tricked" to stay in a lower gear ratio longer to help churn the bigger...
  6. A

All UTV's UTVs are moving up!

yes, which is what i mentioned above in my post, climbing stuff that is completely insane and impassible to get around bottlenecks. its definitely not a short cut, but it gets them in front of bottlenecks that most people have to sit and wait in. i have seen some lines during pre-running and...
  7. A

yamaha released the YXZ in 2015...... were you around to see the multitudes, and i mean 75+% mortality rate on the clutches out of the first year machine, nobody could get 300 miles out of a clutch. its only taken them 4 years to figure it out??? and are you sure its figured out yet? blow a...
  8. A

All UTV's UTVs are moving up!

i think with the class 10s width, and power, and speed, they have some distinct advantages over the UTVs. i see class 10 drivers blasting thru rough stuff 10-20mph faster than most UTV drivers are willing to drive. but as stated, the 2wd systems wont ever pull hills and silt and slower technical...
  9. A

GNCC UTV Racing *Dead*/Why?Press?Impact?GOAT?Legacy?

one caught on fire in the infield where all the spectators were, tons of folks watched as a guy barely got out. a ton of them have wrecked in the woods, hit trees with by-standers narrowly being missed. a few people have been hit. the courses are lined with people pretty much start to finish...
  10. A

Arctic Cat air intake box

put grease around the seal lip. problem solved. this happens on lawn mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, atvs, utvs, anything thats run in dusty enviornments. i have seen this over and over. where the covers warp and let in dust past the gasket or air filter, put a liberal line of grease on the...
  11. A

Pro UTV FI Big car vs Small car???

i have driven pretty much every one of the top racers cars, as they progressed from 2011 till now since i do clutches, and work with most all of the top teams and have to drive the machines and test them to make them perfect. i can tell you that wheel base is a big key to make the machine...
  12. A

Live Video Podcast with RJ Anderson, Mitch Guthrie, Matt Martelli, & Jim Beaver from Camp RZR

dude, did you read the link you posted? literally the FIRST paragraph, he was riding 8 years ago in glamis on a highly modified rhino with a streetbike engine in it, ripped the oil line off and caused the fire. i mean.... how is that the OEMs fault? how are you trying to make it out like yamaha...
  13. A

Can-Am First UTV

i work on ATV and UTV machines every day, i ride them, test them, use them for what they are intended, and try them out at things they are not intended for. this is personal opinion and not brand bias by any means. i do not own any current machine on the market, i do not pay a note to any brand...
  14. A

What UTV Motor Produces the most torque

the can-am engines, most always produce the most torque of any machine on the market. in every category, 500cc and 650cc, 800cc, and 1000cc pretty much every single machine they make for each market, makes more Hp and Tq than any other competitor. the turbo hp war is pretty much the same. Hp and...
  15. A

Best Clutch Set Up for XP4 w/ 32's

about 100% of the roller bearings in the base of the primary are over-greased. this grease will get hot and sling out onto and into the clutch which causes the belt to slip. about 90% of the clutches i see have grease inside and on them enough to cause them to slip a belt especially at first...
  16. A

Engine Recommendation

when pre-running, a stock XP1000 4seater will run 70 fairly easily with gear and 2 adults. a 4seater XPturbo on 32s with gear and 3 grown adults will run 75-80. the power isnt a huge deal, the gearing is the most important. pulling heavy weight and high load takes the proper gear ratio. you...
  17. A

Primary clutch issues have you seen this?

the bolts shear off when the primary is slipping on the crank. typically from a poor or improper installation. they need to get the primary off, by using a short puller and teflon tape and water once they get the primary off they need to center drill the bolt, with a real center drill not off...
  18. A

Anyone "burning" injectors racing in BITD???

your injector duty cycle is too high. likely from a reflash and too small of injectors. when you calculate injector duty cycle, to make them live you want as low of a number as possible. when you have a big reflash, and stock injectors, your will be running the injectors at a high percentage...
  19. A

Solid Axle UTV is COMING!!

sounded a LOT like a single cylinder ATV but with a solid axle and their tractor background i would assume a 3cylinder gas burner would be more appropriate
  20. A

Get Ready....

i looked at the specs. 1380lbs for the RS1. so where is it at. and why is it so heavy. the arctic cat 700trail is under 1000lbs. the RS1 would be a complete rocket ship at 10-1 power to weight ratio if it was 110hp and 1100lbs. but what happened that put it at nearly 1400? i mean, a can-am...
  21. A

Get Ready....

i have that set of clutches in my shop now to build a jig off of, and i can tell you that clutch is SHOT!!!! it may have actually finished the race but it was long gone. the buttons in the spyder checked out and left town a long time ago. the towers in the primary are chewed up incredibly bad...
  22. A

Its one of the most insane UTV's we've ever seen!

somebody decided to build a custom rig to do what the manufacturers havent yet. looks like its wheel base and suspension should allow it to be pretty wicked.
  23. A

Get Ready....

the sheet metal bracing and triangular braces that weld to all the tube connections. its the strengthening braces up front, the cracks start right beside the weld and run towards the center of the joints. i think the sheet metal is too thin to resist the amount of chassis flex so it shears the...
  24. A

Get Ready....

I think the front end cracking around all the bracing is from diving into corners super hard and tweaking the front end. Flexing the frame from side loading the car into banked corners and twisting the chassis. Same with the rear arms. I've seen dozens of them start to peel open. From side...
  25. A

Get Ready....

unfortunately i dont get to spend a ton of time on the forums. the X3 is honestly one of the best, guys who are blowing belts in 200 miles must be running 32-33 and reflashed and holding them WFO. for stock 32s and stock power they are virtually bullet proof. to test this we had one of our...
  26. A

Get Ready....

i have had the pleasure of riding in most of whats coming out already. and know whats in the works for the next 3 years down the line and you guys may as well just learn to love or hate the belts but they are here to stay cause its cheap and it works. the money it takes to design a shifter style...
  27. A

Earning your start position for BITD.

i was testing in parker for two days before the race, on a small section we have used many times in the past. parker has always been a heavy sand and usually offers fast racing with minimal dust. this year from the rains i suspect, my testing area was no sand, all hard packed like its been...
  28. A

Earning your start position for BITD.

wow only top 3? with the finishing order and so many of my customers in top 10 at parker i was looking forward to a run-away race at the mint but if only top 3 move up and everyone else gets the draw thats kinda a kick in the go'nads compared to the last two years that i think everyone has...
  29. A

///Airdam Clutches is heading west for New years and Parker 250

good to see you on the podium at the last race. we will definitely be at parker! current plans are to be at Glamis till new years day. then head to plaster city for testing with teams. i believe i have appointments at plaster city Jan 1st thru 4th, then i will jump up to Parker. If the local...
  30. A

///Airdam Clutches is heading west for New years and Parker 250

Hello everyone, this next week we are heading out west, to spend new years in Glamis working on customers cars and testing new products, and after new years we will jump over to plaster city to test with teams who are getting ready for the upcoming Parker race on Jan 6th. There are many many new...
  31. A

pahrump 250

what happened to guthrie? i saw him finish on tracker within the lead pack. hes at the finish now so how did he not end up in top 5? corrected time alone? do you know where he placed? blurton needed only to finish in top 10 even if guthrie won in order to clench the points championship...
  32. A

Help me buy a 4 seat UTV

yeah i see a few here and there talk about how well theirs held up, and how many miles, but clutches is all i do, 100 hours a week, from every walk of life all across the country, and you gotta understand the volume of clutches i do, i see no less than 30 polaris clutches per week for rebuilds...
  33. A

Help me buy a 4 seat UTV

yeah when you push a teryx hard to try to keep up with the pack of modern machines you will blow a belt. and you try and change the belt in one of them and you will wanna sell it. you dam near gotta cut braces and brackets out. its a solid hour job no matter how skilled you are. it freaking...
  34. A

OFFICIAL UTVUnderground 2017 Vegas To Reno TRACKING / UPDATES / PHOTOS / VIDEO

Burnett is on course. A mechanical early on put him behind slightly but he's out running strong again. I just had a visual at pit 6 mile 185 of Brandon schueler in 1st. At 2:55 Tracker is working very well and I am seeing visually pretty much the same as tracker shows.
  35. A

New build question

guys that have missed me please send me an email. [email protected]
  36. A

Why not the YXZ. ?

sorry we have missed you. We do have exactly what you need. Send me an email please sir we have been cramming for V2R the last 2-3 weeks and the phone support has been lackluster and i apologize. Shoot me an email with all your specs and i can help you out for sure.
  37. A

sold as is question

when they said bring it back to them, taking it back to them may have given you more leverage with them. Now that you had another shop take it apart and just show the original shop pictures and said "here is what we found" they are more than likely going to tell you to go pound sand...
  38. A

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

you can buy S3's 4 seat turbo maverick which is highly decorated and a solid machine for i believe $35,000 ready to rock with spare parts.
  39. A

Thoughts on gaining pit support?

in a circular race, MINT400, UTV WorldChapmionship, Parker 250 and a few others, the team sets up in a pit and stays there the whole race. Easy Peasey for you to try to pay someone to also help pit you BUT you have to remember if you and THEIR team guy are 10 seconds apart and both pull into the...
  40. A

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

The X3s are strong. Burnett had a 10 min lead on 2nd place at mile 80 and had nearly a 20min lead by mile 145. He was absolutely kicking ass but had issues that made him lose 1:20 mins in the pit trying to fix issues. By then he kept have small issues and couldn't catch back up to the pace. But...
  41. A

So who won the UTV Championship?

there is a better video on S3 Racing Fb page. someone on the top of a trailer at the first turn. looks like orange RZR gets wide and climbs up the wall and gets squirrely. when he comes back onto the course his rear tire clips the front tire of the black and gold X3 and flips him. then as he...
  42. A

2017 SCORE San Felipe Final Entry List

tracker shows cafro matlock on his heels schueler a few miles back and not far behind them is kristen matlock. kickin ass as usual in the NA car. but i got word on a text message that burnett was out front of cafro no idea how far tho. thats been a bit ago.
  43. A

XPT Primary wearing out

the clutch is, and always has been considered a wear item. its like brake pads. they are going to wear out and warranty doesnt usually cover them. in the 2016 you qualify for the "clutch update" service bulletin all you had to do was go talk to your dealer and they should have already told you...
  44. A

Yamaha Truly Unlimited UTV - Rustfish Racing 2921

it appears with a longer upper arm, the unequal arm should camber in during full droop but depending on the spindle would likely be on a level plane at ride height and bump. obviously ackerman and dive come into how the arms and positioned and their adjustability and with heims on both upper and...
  45. A

Real world experience of RCV axle shafts vs others SBR??

in the last year of the RCVs, i was beginning to think they were the way to go. It seems as if they were the strongest and best axle available in recent races. however this last race, i saw more axle failures than the whole last year combined, boot failures, cv failures, grease break down ect...
  46. A

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

I am surprised more of you don't already know this. But Robby builds the chassis and some of the trick parts for the speedcat. It's 100% based off all the mounting points of the production car. It's just built to pass tech inspection in BITD and SCORE. It's got a race legal chassis and cage and...
  47. A

2017 BITD MINT 400 DRAW ORDER

dont know if you guys remember it last year, burnett was i think in the 3rd row at UTVWC and in the land rush start somebody pinched him in the corner and clipped his back tire. his back tire drove over the top of their front tire and he nearly lost his whole race before he got thru the first...
  48. A

///Airdam Clutches testing before the MINT400

Just to bump this back up to the top guys, we have had a lot of contacts and looking forward to meeting everyone. Be sure to send me an email with any info you have or parts you need before we leave friday so i can make sure we are all square and dont leave anybody behind. [email protected]
  49. A

///Airdam Clutches testing before the MINT400

Well guys that day is here, the Mint is only 2 weeks away. I know i have talked with quite a few of you on the phones and in emails over the last few weeks and months but now is the time. Please send me an email with your schedule and possible test dates i am currently trying to work out a...
  50. A

Can-AM is launching a 4 seat Maverick X3

from the guys that have been driving it, the words i keep getting are "its bad a$$"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000