Search results

1. A

Yamaha New clutch sheave... now won't run...

Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** PROBLEM SOLVED! I pulled it off the trailer from our last trip, filled the tank up and pushed it over to the side of the garage. I didn't run it on this tank of fuel until I was doing the sheave work.
  2. A

I finished putting it back together tonight and ripped around the neighborhood a little. Runs awesome and the new sheave, weights and spring make a big difference. I had some fuel leaking out the drain/overflow line on the float bowl but I rotated the carb and it stopped. I think it was sitting...
  3. A

I'm assuming it was bad gas. It's stored in the garage and I don't play in anything but sand so I don't see how it could of happened any other way.
  4. A

Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** Problem solved people! I can't tell you how excited I am to be done with this. I'll let the picture speak for itself, here's a small sample of fuel I took out of the fuel cell tonight. So much water you'd think I filled up...
  5. A

Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** I looked at the exhaust last night. I noticed some of the (what appears to be) fiberglass is poking out of the input side of the muffler. I'll pull it and check into it further...
  6. A

Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** It already has one. Plus it ran like a freakin champ before. I've had it out to Pismo twice and it never missed a beat and I haven't changed anything that would affect tuning or fuel needs. It's really odd.
  7. A

Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** Yes, I pulled the air box out and checked it and the boot for cracks and checked the boots on both ends of the carb.
  8. A

Pulled the vacuum diaphragm apart on top of the carb to check it for leaks/cracks/pinholes and it looked perfect. I put it all back together and it's still the same. Pulled the plug wire and inspected the boot and locking tab that holds it in place. Looked great and makes an audible snap sound...
  9. A

It's tight, only has a few trips on it. I fired it up without the belt while working on it but I don't think that could hurt anything. I'm with ya on fuel, I've never had a side by side so even though I pulled the feed line and it pumped fuel I don't have anything to compare it to. It could be...
  10. A

Had a little time tonight so I pulled the carb and thoroughly cleaned it. Pulled it completely apart, pulled the jets and the AF needle and sprayed it all out. Reassembled and it runs exactly the same way as before. I'm really getting stumped on this one.
  11. A

It was only a couple of days. Drove it around the neighborhood and it ran normal. Pulled it into the garage and pulled the sheave. A day or two passed while I was busy. I tried to fire it up and it wouldn't run but I thought maybe it was due to no load and it was just that picky. Put the new...
  12. A

Stock carb that's been jetted. I thought jetting issue too except it ran perfect before and instantly didn't. If it was getting bad over time I'd look into other stuff but because it was an instant type of deal I know something is plugged up or something got unplugged (if you follow my logic)...
  13. A

It's on, it sucks air through a round opening in the plastic housing which is what I'm putting my hand over.
  14. A

New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** PROBLEM SOLVED! EDIT: I have posted a movie on post 17. Hi everyone. I have a 660 rhino that ran like a champ. Started easy, idled great and was smooth all the way to full throttle, never any hesitation. I pulled the...
  15. A

Building a rack

Does fine. As I said above it needs longer ramps and I need a backup plan for the winch at the minimum. I'm just going to use my trailer next weekend for Huckfest and assess the rack situation when we get back.
  16. A

Building a rack

Built a piece to slide into the hitch of the truck that helps support the back and really locks the whole thing into place. Managed to load it up and take it on a test run. Felt good with about 60psi in the air bags. So two issues, it needs longer ramps... like much longer (the pics below are...
  17. A

Building a rack

I finished the ramps this week and got it ready for a test. I stuck a block/bottle jack under the far back just to be safe on the very first time. Loaded up ok, I got some bowing along the length. To address the bow I picked up some 1 x 1 x .120" square tube and made some little rails that...
  18. A

Pismo Rookie

Don't forget huckfest is the weekend of the 18th. You mentioned you want to go in the next few weeks. Awesome event but it will be insanely crowded and not ideal for a first trip.
  19. A

Huckfest 2014

I'll be there! I bought my ticket the day they went on sale, can't wait!
  20. A

Building a rack

Getting close, I'm trying to get this knocked out ASAP so I can test load the Rhino on and still have time for tweaking as necessary before we hit the road for Huckfest. Picked up some 4'x10' sheets of expanded metal after work tonight. I made a new mount for the winch that's about 2"...
  21. A

Building a rack

Well under 200 pounds. I can drag it around on my own and with an extra set of hands it's easy to load in the bed.
  22. A

Building a rack

Welded on some d-rings on the bottom of the rack so I have good spots to tie it down in the bed that will pull at an angle, not just straight down. Built the ramps out of the same 2" X 1" material the rack is made out of but the ramps are .120" wall instead of .083" like the rack. I welded on a...
  23. A

Building a rack

Making ramps.
  24. A

Building a rack

There's some cool trails up above shaver lake not too far from here. It's where we take our rock crawlers but some of them would be fun in a side by side.
  25. A

Building a rack

I'm in Fresno. Yes, I'm making ramps that will lock in place along the length of the rack when not in use. Hopefully get those knocked out tomorrow. Thanks.
  26. A

Building a rack

Hi everyone, I'm new around here but love the activity this site has compared to other UTV sites. I'm in California and wanted to build a rack to haul my Rhino so I don't have to go 55 with the trailer. Plus not having the trailer frees me up to run around easier since all of our dune riding...
  27. A

Glamis dune session

Cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000