Search results

1. R

Who wants to trade a four seat UTV for a 300hp coilover baja bug?

I built this thing but I really just want a four seat XP1000 or possably a well built XP900. I am sure there is someone out there that has a four seat car and wants a manual trans wheelie poppin dune/street/play machine. Check it out and point me in the direction of anyone interested...
  2. R

Yamaha SR1 motor goes into limp mode at 10.5K rpm Any ideas?

My 2007-2008 R1 motor in my SR1 will sometimes shut down (go into idle/limp mode) when the motor is in the 10.5K range. It runs great till then but on occasion it shuts down. If the ignition is turned off and back on it will fire right back up while still rolling. Has anyone had this happen or...
  3. R

1955 DSR1 Mint 400 race recap

1955 DSR1 Mint 400 race recap with pics The 1955 DSR1 car went to the mint with new aluminum, new wrap, new sponsors, and all new wider suspension that puts us at the 77" max. With all the changes we were not able to tune the suspension before the race but knowing it would be rough, we...
  4. R

Raber Racing DSR1 new look (sneak peak)

Here is a sneak peak of the new look for the 2012 season. We are still looking for a title sponsor so all this may change but we could not go to the Mint 400 with the car as it was. The guys at AZP fabrication have really done a great job of putting this car together. If anyone is interested...
  5. R

Who knows a shop that can make me these?

Here is a diagram of what I need. I have been making them myself but I need a shop that can do 20 of them. If you know of one or have a retired friend with a lathe, let me know.
  6. R

1955 DSR1 joins forces with Pit Bull Tires

What does it feel like to do over 100mph in a UTV? Come testing as Raber Racing prepares for the epic Mint 400 and you can find out. Nothing is more dangerous or scarey that breaking the 100mph mark and loosing a tire. As we put together this amazing car we have been seeking a tire worthy of the...
  7. R

Raber Racing takes first overall at the Parker 250 (race recap)

Raber Racing takes first overall at the Parker 250 <O:p</O:p When was the last time a Yamaha Rhino was the first car to the finish line? It is great to see Yamaha back on top! Special thanks to Weller racing for installing the Yamaha R1 motor and drive system. What a reliable and easy to use...
  8. R

Raber Racing Press Release

See attached press release and photo for Raber Racing. See you all at Parker!
  9. R

Henderson DSR1 race summary

Well, we made it. I picked the car up Thursday and got it home about 8pm. With no real dirt testing on the car we headed to Henderson for tech and registration. The car looked great and we spared nothing in the conversion so we were confident that it would do ok. We started in the first...
  10. R

DSR1 build with pics

Here is my DSR1 build. I started with the old "so cal fab" rhino. It has been around and many of you know the car. I sent the car to AZP fab for a frame stretch. Having taken this car to 98mph in third gear (cbr1000) I can attest to the fact that 75-80" wheelbase at that speed is not...
  11. R

OK, enough rumors, Who is building a DSR1 car for the 2012 season?

I am building a DSR1 car for the 2012 BITD season. I have heard "rumors" of up to five cars that are also in the works. My car went to AZP fab today to pull the motor and make the swap. Sell your rhino motors and make the swap. Who else is building one and when will it be done? Post pics if...
  12. R

Who is building/racing a DSR1 in BITD?

I am about to convert my Teryx to a DSR1 class car for BITD. I am wondering how many other cars are in the works for the DSR1 class. I like having the competition of the PRO class and I am hoping there are some other cars out there in the works. Chime in if you are building one or know of...
  13. R

DSR1 build, 2009 R-1 and keeping 4wd

I have decided to cut my car in half and stretch it. My cage was built in such a way that no one on my team including myself want to race the car again unless we can get some leg room. I spoke to the UTVRA and the DSR1 class allows wheelbase changes up to 103" so we decided to just swap a...
  14. R

What is the Teryx diff ratio?

What is the gear ratio in a Kawi Teryx differential? I have an idea and I need to know the ratio.
  15. R

Any news on the new Kawi 4 seat Teryx?

Anyone know anything about the new Kawi 4 seat Teryx? I really like the way the 4 seat cars worked in the desert and I want to know if anyone knows what the wheelbase will be.
  16. R

Kawasaki Teryx goes 8 miles and valves are out of adjustment. HELP

I have a race teryx I built for BITD. We had an 800 race motor built with DASA +4mm valves and CNC port. It has rods, FCR 39mm carbs, and custom DASA exhaust. On the DASA dyno the motor made 78 rwhp. Not bad for an 800. We went to the Parker 250 in January as our first race. We started 11th and...
  17. R

How many chase trucks do we need for the SS300

We are planning out our stragegy for the SS300 and the question came up about chase trucks. I have an F250 and a 28" trailer fully equipped with everything to work on the car and more. Is it reasonable to chase with the truck/trailer or should I plan to take two chase trucks and leap frog pits...
  18. R

Will we need lights at the silverstate? Pics of FOX internal bypass shocks

I am trying to finish up the last couple things on my car before we go do some more testing for the silverstate. I have a question about the time of the race. I think we will leave the start line at about 6:30 am. When does the finish line close and is there a chance we will need headlights...
  19. R

Teryx front diff upgrade MUST for all Teryx racers from XMF

I want to let everyone know that XMF is now making the ever illusive "teryx front diff" that racers have been waiting for. Several of these were produced a couple years ago and now XMF has stepped up and built a production unit. The teryx front diff has two issues. First, there is a lot...
  20. R

1915 bluewater in car video

Here is a video of the first 5-6 miles of the bluewater. The car was running great until we broke a titanium spring retainer and dropped a valve. I think we had passed three cars when we broke. The motor just lost power, Jagged passed us not long after, and then we pulled over. We will be back...
  21. R

Kawasaki Anyone have Teryx suspension pick up points in Solid Works? *suspension pics*

I have some custom suspension that mounts to the lower arms front/rear for my race Teryx. I want to make some boxed arms in Solid Works and be able to duplicate them so I have exact spares. I can do the measuring but it will be a pain. Does anyone already have the measurements or even a complete...
  22. R

1915 teryx throws down 78hp at the wheels

Yesterday Dan From Dasa got the exhaust and dyno work done on my Teryx. 78hp to the ground. I am very happy with that for an 800 motor. I was debating putting 840 or larger jugs on it but I will try the 78hp for now. Not bad for a meesly 800cc's. Anyone know how much the Commander puts to...
  23. R

Anyone have a Nessie car or see any racing?

I am about to take delivery of my race Teryx. When I started the build I was debating a Nessie car from Dragonfire racing. I thought I would be seeing them out by now but I have not seen any. Anyone know of any and how they are doing?
  24. R

UTV racing rules Suggestions, volunteers, input please

I know there has been some discussion about rules for BITD etc. Lets keep things posative, avoid getting personal, and try to contribute to the expansion of our sport. We have two issues: 1. I think we can all agree that there needs to be some expansion of the regulation body that dictates...
  25. R

Teryx Vegas to Reno progress pics

Here it is so far. It is getting the dash this week, then to DASA for custom exhaust and dyno time, then to the dezert for at least 100 miles for testing. We should be done a couple weeks before the race. Here is the album with all the pics in this thread, and a few starter pics teryx...
  26. R

BITD Vegas to Reno Tips, Anyone going?

I am preparing for the VTR this year. After a year and a half of Whiplash I am ready for some serious dezert racing. I have a Teryx that will make the journey. Here are the specs. Weller 800 motor, same as Austin and Robert's but a lot less cam (+4 valves, pistons, rods, balanced, 39mm...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000