Search results

1. B

SHOP TOUR: UTV INC.

"I do alittle bit of racing", ha ha
  2. B

New XP1k Spindles

The double shear setup is great, but those interior nuts kinda look like a PITA to get to.
  3. B

turbo's in desert racing

I want to put a 1.0 ecoboost with a little transaxle in the back of one and call it unlimited. Alas, cant excape the CVT crap any way reasonably, and/or put an auto motor in one.
  4. B

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Very happy with my squadron pros. Used the SII lights in the rear to accommodate BITD required safety lights. 2 amber, 1 blue, 2 red. At 2K lumens per piece they are wicked for the space they take up. The light intensity is so much for such a small housing I cant really get a good video of...
  5. B

New XP1k Spindles

The reason these are desirable is that the factory spindles are cast iron, and they do fail.
  6. B

New XP1k Spindles

Very nice! Made from 4130? Release date?
  7. B

Silver State Start at Pit 2?

I see both sides of the coin. Think if you cant leave the line under your own power, it should be back on a trailer. But I am not any part of the points, or near contention at the last race, so who gives a "HUG"............ Its Casey's series, what he says obviously goes. I too drove from...
  8. B

2015 BITD SS300

I don't plan on getting in anyone's way, and have my own battering ram.
  9. B

2015 BITD SS300

It could be worse, you could be going to your first BITD race and forget to register in time for the draw, thus being put dead last. That's whats up.
  10. B

The State of the UTV Desert Racing Class

What you do for you guys obviously works well, you have a great reputation. The suppliers I use don't buy any tubing from India or China. I also track where it comes from and keep the mill reports on most our projects. All to their own, as long as it works. The conversation isn't really...
  11. B

No, 95% of steel is not from China. We have steel mills all around the US. Most of our larger jobs dictate only sourced steel to be domestic. I am sure you do deal with large suppliers. My company also does, we fabricate 3000+ tons per year. The 4130 we receive is from Germany. DOM...
  12. B

I for one never understood as long as you keep the frame geometrically within reasonable tolerance to the factory frame why you wouldn't build it from scratch. The sorry ass mig welds, 16 gauge Chinese steel tubing, and all the joints involved are a crap pedestal to build a "racecar" atop...
  13. B

My desert/off road XP1K build

Certainly not the caliber of many of these builds I am seeing, but our first one. A lot of re-work and engineering, if you want to call it that, along the way. But its almost ready for final assembly. Sheetmetal is off to get wrapped, just a few small details. We are still hoping to make a...
  14. B

Help with race radio setup

I have next to no clue on the right setup. Looking for a good in car setup with intercom, and base radio at pit. Any suggestions to get us going would be appreciated. Looking to order along with other items ASAP. Thanks
  15. B

Best in The Desert Henderson 250

Great video!
  16. B

Polaris NEW Streamline Oversize Rotor kits RZR 1000

You have a link to the product on your page? It doesn't seem to be on your site that I can find.
  17. B

Polaris 2014 Chromoly Balenced Drive Shafts

Correct. Orienting 90 degrees rotated from the opposing joint. To create a 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00 scenario with the joints.
  18. B

I had mine done at driveshaft king in Dallas. When I pulled the long shaft off it was 3/8" out of line from end it end, and out of balance and phase. Went back with .120 wall chromoly so it is not lighter. But the rotating mass of a 1" tube doesn't matter a few pounds this way or that. Mine...
  19. B

XP1K2 is coming...

Random question, are those 15" Walker Evans wheels?
  20. B

I had a local driveshaft shop build a front and rear chromoly shaft for mine reusing the stock joints. It has worked very well thus far.
  21. B

Seat brackets for aftermarket seats

What are you guys doing to mount your seats? I got in my NRG carbon and been thinking of ways to mount it to utilize the stock style mount and quick release latch, but its going to have to slide forward to access it. Any guidance would be appreciated.
  22. B

OSCN-Oak Hill short course race July 11-12

<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> <o:p></o:p> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmoXVTUcIHQ<o:p></o:p>
  23. B

UTVRR round 2 video

Cool video, and good driving. I know its all a matter of opinion, but I cant get down with racing, especially in this type of environment, without an aftermarket cage with roof. Be safe out there.
  24. B

Recommended carbon seats

Thanks. The NRG do look to be a quality product. Do you buy direct or from a dealer?
  25. B

Recommended carbon seats

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at that base I assume it has suspension effect?
  26. B

Recommended carbon seats

What medium size seat would you recommend with carbon construction? Obviously looking for light, but while maintaining good comfort and a "reasonable" cost for what it is. Suggestions are appreciated. Brandon
  27. B

Yamaha BITD sr1 class build

Awesome build. Also, what tires are those?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000