Recent content by Oc1

1. O

BITD Class Vote on turbos

Driveline phase and the angle of the outputs are 2 different animals. I think he explained it pretty well if you go back and read it again.
  2. O

Racers Questionaire from V2R

Bill, Glad to hear things are at least moving forward. I really think that while Cory does want the best for the class that having a panel or board with real power is the most important issue we have. Nobody wants to give up "their baby" but its the only way to get a true gauge of the needs of...
  3. O

Is Cory Sappington and the UTVRA relevant?

1. Everybody readily admits that Cory has done a lot for the sport. The problem is having one person making all the decisions. Even if he has the purest heart in the universe the fact that he is sponsored by Can-Am, and makes the rules in a class he races, is a conflict of interest. A committee...
  4. O

How will the new "game changer cars" affect the current cars and class?

Agreed! I should have clarified.
  5. O

How will the new "game changer cars" affect the current cars and class?

Logic has never played a part in the turbo/class discussion to date!
  6. O

The State of the UTV Desert Racing Class

That sucks! As a racer in the Unlimited class I was glad to see her and others moving to our class no matter what their reasons were. I've had serious teething issues but once things are worked out I don't want to be racing 1 or 2 guys. I would much rather have larger car counts.
  7. O

Are UTV Racers Cheating at BITD??

I was a few feet away from the MB pass at the UTVWC and it was indeed impressive. I got to admire Rieds confidence in his team. Not always justified but very loyal! LOL Always good for a smile on my face. I wanted to come down and introduce myself but wasn't really in the mood after having...
  8. O

Are UTV Racers Cheating at BITD??

Post up the facebook rant and lets get to the bottom of it! I'm pretty sure all the Pro production class cars were checked at Parker for at least cylinder size. I don't think Cory's new thinga ma jig checks stroke though? Looks to me like all the top cars are fairly equal so that would indicate...
  9. O

Utv Hard Ramming.. Our Mint 400 #1958 aka The Pink Car

Some good points worth talking about being made. I was glad to see that there wasn't pre-running allowed by the afternoon racers this year. We got taken out of the race last year after getting slammed twice by a trophy truck. I tend to think a stern tap made by another car in the class after...
  10. O

30/9.50r15 LT tires for Polaris Rzr XP 1000 - what I've found

I run the 30" 9.50/ 15 General AT's. So far they have been indestructible. I have yet to have a flat or wear one out. With that being said I do wish they were a little more aggressive. I did a minor groove job on the rears removing every 4th lug on the rears and it helped quite a bit. Before the...
  11. O

UTV World Championship LIVE Coverage!

I thought the start was awesome. I started in the middle of row 4 and had planned on taking it easy and letting everybody get out front. The flag dropped and I hit the button and popped the clutch and started shifting gears. Got to turn one and I was in 3rd place out of my row. I guess I should...
  12. O

Mint 400

Farther down in the thread they said that they were still deciding on what the cutoff would be and apologized for saying the six hours. Some people were freaking out prematurely. I'm sure they will give everyone as much time as they can. Even if you only make 2 laps you still get almost 60 more...
  13. O

Tim Wyatt WORCS Rd. 1 Race Report W/ Video

Nice job. The video would be more interesting if you didn't get the hole shot and had to do some passing:D. That looks like a pretty fun track.
  14. O

Mint 400

:DAccording to a thread on RDC it looks like we get the full distance at the Mint this year! Yeee Haww. http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/changes-for-the-2015-mint-400.120922/page-3#post-1660561
  15. O

WTB Used Parker Pumper Fresh Air...

Speedway motors has Tru Air units pretty cheap. Not sure that very many people ever take them out unless they are broken so I would guess used ones are not easy to come by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000