Recent content by Desert Toyz Cory S

1. D

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

We sat in 2 bottle necks in the first 80 miles. Total stopped time was 30 minutes. The second bottle neck I found away around thanks to my navigator! That put us in front of Sims. I started 23rd. I was told we were 3rd on the road at Santo Tomas. We raced our 2015 Maverick turbo with 5100 miles...
  2. D

How did you get into UTV desert racing?

It was 1960 something, when my Dad opened up the first offroad shop in Phoenix Arizona, It was of course called "The Buggy Shop". I was one year old when my dad took me to Baja for my first race, I've been racing ever since. It was 2004 on new year eve when my Dad pasted away. As a tribute to...
  3. D

New BITD points rule for 2015

I dont like the "throw out race" or the "finish bonus". I think if a team commits to racing the season, then they should get all the points they earn. The current points system with the throw out race, awards teams for having a poor finish or DNF and penalizes teams that do well all year, that...
  4. D

Burnett Signs With Polaris - UTVUnderground Exclusive

I'm very confident there will be a lot of "Kleenex" tissues needed for team Polaris during the 2015 season. I have requested a sponsorship from Kleenex so I will have plenty on hand!! :) it's going to be a great year!! Happy Thanksgiving to all UTV racers!! I pray we all have a great day!!
  5. D

What did you race before you raced a UTV?

In the 1970's I raced class 1 and class 2. In the 80's and 90's etc.. Quad motocross and desert, class 1/2 1600, class 5, class 10, pro truck, trophy truck. I never was a driver on the trophy truck team just a chase guy. Started racing UTV's in 2005. 35+ years of desert racing
  6. D

NEW 2015 Can-Am Maverick TURBO

I put over 1000 very very very hard miles, in all kinds of terrain, on the new 2 seat Turbo Maverick and had no failures! I did every thing I could to try to break the drive belt and couldn't do it. The new Turbo Maverick is Cory Sappington approved, and by far the most fun UTV to drive you can...
  7. D

Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

The forurm posts had nothing to do with the decision. Everyone knows Casey dosen't read fourms.
  8. D

2014 Vegas to Reno race stories

So I'll start. As most of you know I raced my new Maverick Max. We built the car in, I think 2 weeks, it's all kinda blury. I headed off to Tech at 2:15am on wednesday and arrived in vegas at 7:30. My MaverickMax arrived some time during the drivers meeting, Thanks to the Murrays for teching it...
  9. D

Baja 500 what did you break

I saw a post like this on RDZ and thought it was interesting. So please post what you broke at the Baja 500. 1904 Desert Toyz we broke 2 steer racks, 3 tie rod end bolts, bent 1 tie rod end, cracked the frame where the steer rack mounts and the steer rack mount, (Thanks to Jagged X for lending...
  10. D

Can Am Monster Maveric Wins Baja 500

Forgot shocks and tie rods.
  11. D

Ok to clarifi I race a Maverick with safety modifications and 95% of the stock parts; suspension, engine, clutch, drive train, axels, cv's, knuckles, electronics, and transmission. Modifications are roll cage, seats, seat belts, body panels, air cleaner, exhaust, wheels, tires, clutch springs...
  12. D

For the record I race a Maverick with 95% of the stock parts and all of the safety modifications required. I race the marked course, no short cutting. I saw many places on the beach section to short cut. I wish we all would race the same course at the SCORE events. This is not directed at any 1...
  13. D

BAJA 500 thread

2014 Baja 500 UTV draw order 1 Sappington 1904 Can-Am 2 Lopez 1949 Polaris 3 Estes 1944 Kawasaki 4 Murray 1917 Can-Am 5 Behnke 1937 Polaris 6 Angal 1920 Polaris 7 Burnett 1905 Can-Am 8 Pucelik 1907 Artic Cat 9 Cook 1930 Polaris 10 McFarland...
  14. D

Desert Toyz Racing Team SS 300 story

At 5:30 am on Saturday May 3 the Desert Toyz built Can-Am Maverick lined up in the 21st starting position in the Pro UTV class. There were 28 total UTV’s entered. Scott Sappington , the older brother of Cory Sappington, drove the first 172 mile of the race with Tyler Dixon navigating. They...
  15. D

SilverState 300 Draw for UTV's

My brother Scott and I will be comming from the back and smokin ya all with our new CST Tires!!! Our Maverick is wicked fast and we are hungry for a win!!! Sorry if we blow your doors off as we go by! I love this course! See ya soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000