Recent content by acme

1. acme

Get Ready....

Not a UTV but, the Ecotech powered, CVT driven, #3006 Predator buggy ran the whole way at the B1K with uncovered clutches and has raced so for a number of years. A scheduled clutch change 1/2 way and no issues other than a support dealeo between the primary and secondary broke at RM 80ish. They...
  2. acme

Can-Am Shock Tuning In High Desert or Inland Empire

DC Shock Service Kurt Young dcshockservices.com
  3. acme

Get Ready....

HF Pittsburgh brand box wrenches, 8 in 1 socket wrenches (carried them for years in the buggies), nut drivers, impact sockets, extensions, screwdrivers and allen sockets and a few other hard tools all heave been very good. Used them in 2 chase trucks, 2 jeeps, too many race cars and prerunners...
  4. acme

Baja 500 VW Nerf.....Your thoughts?

^^^^ Get caught, move over... Rabbit and expect to get punished when you get caught again... Do it twice and you should be, and will get punted... and it's your own fault... A bump or nerf should be done with restraint and understanding as sometimes the guy is unaware you caught him. If you get...
  5. acme

Axles wrapped

Ottersberg27 is correct, it keeps rocks from nicking them. One step better is plumbers tape. Thicker material and 1 wrap does it as opposed to 2-3 wraps of electrical tape. FYI make sure you wrap it in the direction the axle rotates otherwise is can unwrap on you...
  6. acme

Why UTV racers get knocked by the other classes...

I love guys like you! Snappy repertoire, quick with calling names and always willing to look the other way and follow the heard. Great spokesperson for your business! I do not consider myself the desert police. Just a now retired racer, who between bikes and cars has done this sport for over...
  7. acme

I'll play... I didn't make the initial post and just reposted a link to sister site RDC on here, with no additional comments. I was just trying to get people to understand, the same as my thread on the unwritten rules. I then responded to a few posts I thought interesting: It's called...
  8. acme

Lots of turds & trolls just like anywhere on the internet, but lots of good info as well, if you dig for it. The issue is we are viewed as one community, whether you are a UTV, Buggy, Truck or are a "Brorunner"; and when you do something stupid, it puts ALL OF US under the microscope. That...
  9. acme

Why not the YXZ. ?

Jeremiahs SF car is becoming very well developed and will be a threat. You guys are lucky Keller is happy racing with Row and Cops and hasn't gotten serious about owning another full on race car. His D-37 Yammie play car with Bill Varnes-Mirage tuned suspension is pretty dialed. If more...
  10. acme

As the instigator of the thread and a parent of a Houston FF/Paramedic who is knee deep in some serious shit, I appreciate the support shown below! FYI, this was posted in the RDC thread As a desert racer who has watched our sport get knocked around for 25+ years I believe we need to learn...
  11. acme

https://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/v2r-more-to-the-story-or-just-a-richard-cranium.128873/
  12. acme

Desert Racing Rules 101 (Unwritten/Common Sense)

A few more to add to the list with V2R here: 1) Wear your Helmet/HNR as a minimum when testing 2) Don't test or "Ricky Race" the access road in Barstow, it is an actual maintained road that a lot of douchebags have jacked up by testing on it. Drove by the other day and saw a UTV team running it...
  13. acme

New build question

Sorry: PPT=Powder Paint... in text mode. LOL I like the idea or Steel It on the chassis and even more so on the suspension parts since most seasoned desert racers crack check/inspect those parts frequently and I understand you can mag or spray crack check them w/Steel It and cracks will...
  14. acme

New build question

We have owned a number of PPT, painted and raw chassis over the years and I have 4 friends who have used Steel It on chassis and I would Steel or paint but never PPT a chassis. Even if you use Steel It touch up is way easier than trying to grind, weld and blend in PPT. And PPT hides cracks way...
  15. acme

Baja 500 VW Nerf.....Your thoughts?

Jim: Totally agree that desert racing is different animal to an extent, but passing is passing and take sports car racing where multiple classes are on the course at the same time: Your always catch slower cars and have to deal with traffic. And if it's not a lap race and you are catching them...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000