Cognito Goes Racing! 2012 WORCS round 3 Havasu

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Cognito Goes Racing! 2012 WORCS round 3 Havasu
Lambert lays down fastest lap in P850! Round 2 at Primm was rumored to be the roughest race of the year, but round 3 at Havasu was just as brutal. The team at Cognito decided after round 2 that racing our Best in the Desert Teryx in WORCS was just not a great idea because the 2 series had races very close to each other. So 3 weeks before the race a new Teryx beast was being erected. Thad from Fabwerx was assigned the task of building the bumpers, cage, and tins. Suspension was obviously handled via a Cognito long travel tower kit boasting Fox Racing Shox with dual rate springs and position sensitive technology! ITP tires were putting phenomenal bite to the ground on ITP beadlock wheels, and they took a beating and kept on digging. Power via this 840cc Teryx engine was exhausted to the tune of a Muzzys pro exhaust, this car puts down a bunch of power! Summers Brothers axle shafts were chose for strength and reliability, this car uses 4340 front shafts and 300M rears. DJ Safety kept the driver Justin Lambert safe via harness and window net. Joes Racing products supplied the quality billet fire extinguisher mount, the light weight steering wheel and quick disconnect coupler. Rugged Radios is our choice for quality communications, and Mystic Lubricants furnished by Wholesale Fuels keeps the engine components and cv joints protected! Thank you also to the support of Rigid Industries Lighting.

This was a brand new build and not all of the bugs were worked out by race time. The carburetors were not quite dialed in due to some tuning issues, but Lambert from Cognito needed to make a valiant attempt for some seat time in the new car, and to represent its sponsors. At the drop of the flag, the accelerator pedal smashed against the floor and the car didn’t move. Too much fuel too fast put the spark out but Lambert restarted the car as the rest of the line drove away. In the first lap, several cars were picked off as well as some broken and stuck cars were passed. The Teryx was breathing nicely and stretching its legs out, Lambert putting down the fastest lap of the Production 850 class in lap 2 by 9 seconds! The track was getting rougher and ruts getting deeper, Lambert rolled the car up on the driver side door in lap 3, losing 11 minutes getting it back going again. Lambert finished the race strong, but a lap down unfortunately, settling for an 11<SUP>th</SUP> place finish out of 19 cars. The task has already begun preparing for round 4 at Speedworld in AZ! Visit our website www.cognitomotorsports.com and check out truck/SUV/UTV product as well as pictures videos and news stories. Thanks to UTV UNDERGROUND and also to www.JDMFOTOS.com for the great pictures!
Major thanks to sponsors:
Fox Racing Shox
ITP Tires and Wheels
Muzzys
Rugged Radios
DJ Safety
Summers Bros Axles
Joes Racing Products
Wholesale Fuels/Mystic Lubricants
Rigid Industries Lighting

FABWERX1

May 31, 2011
Great job. 9 seconds is huge especially in a car that was not even tested.
Looking forward to see the results of the next round.

HUBB

Mar 14, 2011
NOW THAT U HAVE THAT GOOD POFOL POWER U CAN RUN WITH THE BIG BOYS HAVE FUN

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
POFLO built this motor 4 years ago, it really isnt any certain kit. Of course it uses MUZZY exhaust tho!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Good luck at the Mint justin, I will be trying harder at the next race to see if I can improve!!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Good luck at the Mint justin, I will be trying harder at the next race to see if I can improve!!
Welcome to the turtle club Wayne, i have been on my side 4 times now in the last year. Just gettin them all out of the way early

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
Welcome to the turtle club Wayne, i have been on my side 4 times now in the last year. Just gettin them all out of the way early
I remember ,about 3 years ago at Pismo,you got your first turtle practice :eek:.....Dam teryx's any way.........GOOD LUCK AT THE MINT.....PO

HUBB

Mar 14, 2011
HEY I WAS THERE AND U WERE GOING UP HILL TO HOW DID U DO THAT HOPE ALL IS GOOD THIS WEEK END GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN RANDY

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I remember ,about 3 years ago at Pismo,you got your first turtle practice :eek:.....Dam teryx's any way.........GOOD LUCK AT THE MINT.....PO
In Havasu was my first time ever puttin it on its side!! Must of been someone else LOL I will still take my teryx over a poolaris for a while!!! My little stock bore moves pretty well and has been very reliable.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
There were a bunch of us on our sides. lol i went from driver door to roof to passenger side almost back over !!! oh well got that scratched off the to do list

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000