Dissapointed in Kawasaki

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
7 months ago, bought a 2010 ecu from the dealership in Bakersfield, Fred Cummings Motorsports. i was in the process of converting my 2008 over to fuel injection using 2010 parts. ECU comes in i pick it up, take it back to the shop, open the box, and the part # on the ecu does not match the part # on the box. i take it back to fred cummings motorsports, they accuse me of swapping it out and wont do anything for me. Call Kawasaki direct, they wont do anything for me.
This week, assembling a new motor, had a problem with starter gear. Pulled side cover off and used the kawasaki flywheel puller to pull the flywheel. Get the flywheel off and notice a crack in the end of the crankshaft. I call the dealer (cheapcycleparts.com) form whom i purchased this brand new crankshaft, and they wont do anything. Call Kawasaki direct, they wont do anything for me.
BE CAREFUL who you buy your parts from! I am thoroughly dissapointed in the service i didnt get from Kawasaki. They dont give 2 licks.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
gee that is crazy not only is it bad service from kawasaki but also it's dealers.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I happen to have a new 09 EFI ECU if you still need one. You can have it Justin!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
here are the pictures of the crack in the end of the crank. this crank is brand new. that key way isnt used for anything, but obviously it creates a stress point

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I happen to have a new 09 EFI ECU if you still need one. You can have it Justin!
thanks anyway B, i ended up with a 2009 ecu but ordered a 2010. They are different. So i had to order another 2010 ecu, but i didnt order from the same dealer. i wont spend another penny with Fred Cummings Motorsports in Bakersfeild, CA.

i just sold the brand new 2009 ecu today.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Its been a while since I had mine apart but I believe I put the bolt in the end of the crankshaft after pulling off the side cover so the puller wouldnt do this to the crank.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
man your luck with that rig must be frustrating. I know where theres a decent xp you can use anytime man !!!!!!!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Its been a while since I had mine apart but I believe I put the bolt in the end of the crankshaft after pulling off the side cover so the puller wouldnt do this to the crank.
ya thats a good idea. i would have done that if the service manual instructed to.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Well even though one of the guys in customer relations at Kawasaki blew me off on the telephone, i guess i cant put shame on Kawasaki as a whole.

Someone from Kawi obviously saw this thread and the pictures and felt it deserved customer service attention.

I received a phone call from Kawasaki (i was shocked) asking me for some more info on where i purchased this crank shaft and when, and then they decided i had a situation that Kawasaki felt they should exchange the crankshaft for me. I am shipping them this one in return for a brand new one! I am happy i got some good service from Kawi. The dealers i bought parts from should be embarrassed by their customer service still, but at least Kawasaki stepped to deal with the situation directly.

Thank you Kawasaki! :)

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
Wow, how often does this happen? Nice score there Justin. Hat's off to Kawasaki for stepping up!

clayrog27

Jul 16, 2011
Fred cummings is not a good place to deal with. They have some real winners in there parts dept.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000