DRIVE - Racing Series

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I am thinking you will not have any UTV's at your race now period.

the car I was intending to setup for this race has been proven over and over, one of the originators in UTV racing, the fuel cell is buried inside the car and surrounded with an aluminum firewall from the driver. BUt now I am suppose to wrap it in metal again??????

I think I will be putting my motor back in my own car and doing something else now.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I could stuff a hefty bag inside my gas tank.... and cover it with duct tape...hold on let me ask 4x4hac

waytay

Jan 15, 2009
J its really ok, i figured if it was run what ya brung. good chance to drive fast and test skills and learn with out breakin the bank.....doing a differnt build in future may not be out of the question....just lookin for fun. If I wanted to run that bad I could put cell in but come on. I dont even have long travel yet who am I foolin. If the utv turnout is low this race does not mean it wont be bigger in the future. Plus like a geico commercial I just saved 200 bucks!!!

I can tell rog is peeved.....

waytay

Jan 15, 2009
of course now I wont be able to spank him!! lol

DRIVE

Mar 4, 2009
I am thinking you will not have any UTV's at your race now period.

the car I was intending to setup for this race has been proven over and over, one of the originators in UTV racing, the fuel cell is buried inside the car and surrounded with an aluminum firewall from the driver. BUt now I am suppose to wrap it in metal again??????

I think I will be putting my motor back in my own car and doing something else now.
This is the problem with the internet. It leaves no room for discusion or give and take. I am working on getting the HRT setup cleared. A simple phone call works much better then posting on a site. But, now everyone has read this post and given up. At the end of the day it's my #$# if soemthing happens. And at the end of the week it's desert racing in general. When Yamaha or whomever puts out an add that says their SxS is race approved your good to go.

Instead of getting all upset how about trying to work with me to get something figured out. It may not happen for this race but if you expect me to go out and do it on my own hoping that maybe some racers will show up your wrong. I want to work with the people that want to race to develope a long term program.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Dont let grumpy Rog discourage you Doug. He has an opportunity to race the Flying Banana and I am sure that is a huge deal for him as it would be for anyone. We understand your situation.

For those who dont know, Doug has been trying to fight and get you guys a looser rule on fuel cells but there is only so much he can do. Desert Racing has a host of individuals who are just sitting and waiting for something bad to happen so they have a reason to shut it down race by race, series by series. Doug has to go by the book and we need to all understand and respect that and support him. At the end of the day Doug is just trying to provide another outlet for racers and enthusiasts to go and have a good time doing what we love to do and that is RACE and be Entertained!!

Tough being a race organizer and promoter these days.....LOL

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
sorry didnt look.....your fuel cell doesnt have a rubber bladder????? Rubber Bladder is easy to add I believe if not and I think I rememebr Doug saying that a Rubber Bladder would be all you need.......
no, it has foam in it.

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
This is the problem with the internet. It leaves no room for discusion or give and take. I am working on getting the HRT setup cleared. A simple phone call works much better then posting on a site. But, now everyone has read this post and given up. At the end of the day it's my #$# if soemthing happens. And at the end of the week it's desert racing in general. When Yamaha or whomever puts out an add that says their SxS is race approved your good to go.

Instead of getting all upset how about trying to work with me to get something figured out. It may not happen for this race but if you expect me to go out and do it on my own hoping that maybe some racers will show up your wrong. I want to work with the people that want to race to develope a long term program.
bring on the discussion on here. there were some other peeps interested in this also as that is what I was trying to do for the series, get peeps to come out and have fun and do some racing in the Dez. but if two cars show up, what is the point?? know what I mean.

I am at a point of two diff cars tore down, waiting on decisions, I really don't want to spend 200 bucks (just entry fees) and then show up and no racing. you should be able to understand that.

Rog

DRIVE

Mar 4, 2009
bring on the discussion on here. there were some other peeps interested in this also as that is what I was trying to do for the series, get peeps to come out and have fun and do some racing in the Dez. but if two cars show up, what is the point?? know what I mean.

I am at a point of two diff cars tore down, waiting on decisions, I really don't want to spend 200 bucks (just entry fees) and then show up and no racing. you should be able to understand that.

Rog
I totally understand. I wouldn't want that to happen either. I agree with getting things posted. It just gets difficult sometimes to convey things in writting.

Will start making the phone calls that I need to make in a few minutes.

I do appreciate you sticking in there as we try to work this out.

RHINOKING

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor - ORW
Jan 26, 2009
JUST WANTED TO CLEAR A COUPLE OF THINGS UP IN REGARDS TO THE FUEL CELL PRICES I GAVE DOUG. THE PRICES WERE ALL RETAIL PRICES NOT WHAT RACERS AND UTV UNDERGROUND MEMBERS WOULD RECIEVE, I ALSO JUST HAD TO BALL PARK THE FITTING AND HOSE REQUIRED TO INSTALL THE FUEL CELL SINCE EVERY CAR WILL REQUIRE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. THE FUEL CELL ITSELF RETAILS FOR $270.99 WICH COMES WITH THE METAL CAN, ROLL OVER VALE AND FLAPPER VALVE ON THE 45 DEGREE FILLER. I HOPE I WAS ABLE TO HELP WITH THIS ISSUE P.M. ME WITH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR YOU CAN REACH AT THE STORE 760-746-3193.

Reactions: 2 people

RHINOKING

Jan 26, 2009
THANKS ROG HOPE TO SEE U AND THE HRT CREW AT THE RACE TODD SEEMS PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT RUNNING THE TROPHY TRUCK AGAIN.:)

RHINOKING

Jan 26, 2009
THAT WOULD BE SWEET, IS TODD BRINGING BRANDON'S TROPHY KART TO THE RACE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000