Miller Jeep trail camp & ride Aug. 19th-20th

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Come join us for another Miller Jeep trail run on Saturday August 20<SUP>th</SUP>. For those who want to camp, I will be up there in the circle-camp area Friday morning 19<SUP>th</SUP> to save us the large dirt area next to the staging/parking area. This ride will be a little bit longer than the last one, as I am adding another 6 miles of breathtaking trail fun which will take us to the Lockwood staging area. ANY type of trailer or MO-HO will get in this camp area with ease!!
TO GET TO STAGING CAMPING AREA: From the Flying J Travel Plaza (42810 Frazier Mtn Road) next to 5 freeway; Go 6.7 miles on Frazier Mtn Park Rd; Turn left onto Lockwood Valley Rd; Go 0.7 miles and turn left at Ranger Station. Go up this road for about 0.5 miles and turn right into the Frazier Mountain Staging area. You will immediately see our group.
<O:p</O:p
Schedule<O:p</O:p
Friday, 8/19 I will be setting up camp between 9:00am and noon.<O:p</O:p
Friday, 8/19 7:00pm Possible Sunset ride to Frazier Mountain, Elev. 8013 ft. (About 90 minute round trip)<O:p</O:p
Saturday, 8/20 8:30am Miller Jeep trail ride begins
Trail: Frazier Gold Mine trail, Lockwood staging area, Gate Keeper section, Yellowjacket rest area, Infamous switchbacks, Cottonwood junction, marble express, Sunset campground, Miller Jeep section, Alamo mountain (Lunch). Reverse back to camp. (The staging area has a nice parking lot for day-trippers with a set of the cleanest pit toilets I have ever seen!!
Considerations: There are lots of snakes out. We will need to keep an eye out for trail-traffic, especially on the Miller section (If you don’t have a radio, consider getting one. We run on the Weatherman channel. You should bring lots of cold beverages and sunscreen. A camera is a must. Tire plugs, spare drive belt.<O:p></O:p>

1. Trukndave (Camping 8/19 – 8/21)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Circle camp area for La Familia and all who want to share this weekend of riding and camping with us

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
2. Jim and Melissa - Camping
<O:p</O:p<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

3. Grumpysrzr4
<O:p</O:p<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
3. Grumpysrzr4

4. Mike B. (Teryx, Camping)
<O:p</O:p<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
2. Jim and Melissa - (Camping)
3. Grumpysrzr4
4. Mike B. (Teryx, Camping)
5. John RZRS(in spirit)
6. Rich, Cheryl, Max and the cat (Camping)
7. George, Kathy and Lucky (Camping)

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
For those who have not done this ride yet, it is INCREDIBLE!!! It is one of the most challenging trails I've ever been on and is a true test of Man and his Machine! Oh ya, bring some extra undies or Red Thongs cause you're gonna need em:eek:

Last edited:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
For those who have not done this ride yet, it is INCREDIBLE!!! It is one of the most challenging trails I've ever been on and is a true test of Man and his Machine! Oh ya, bring some extra undies or thongs cause you're gonna need em:eek:
The preferrence is "red thongs" so we can see you!! Safety first!!:eek:

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
For those who have not done this ride yet, it is INCREDIBLE!!! It is one of the most challenging trails I've ever been on and is a true test of Man and his Machine! Oh ya, bring some extra undies or thongs cause you're gonna need em:eek:
I was lookin at the pix from the last ride there.

Didn't you guys get any pix of the hard parts.....:cool:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Do you have the coords or a Google Earth Map of the staging area ;-)

Or do I have the right place / map ;-)

View attachment 4711
You have the right place. The staging area has been re-done since that picture and now has a brand new parking lot next to it with new pit toilets. This place is not well known, as every time I go to it, hardly anyone is there!! Nice!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I was lookin at the pix from the last ride there.

Didn't you guys get any pix of the hard parts.....:cool:
It's hard to hold a camera still when you are working your rear-end off just to keep all four tires on the ground;) You'll see what i mean....

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
It's hard to hold a camera still when you are working your rear-end off just to keep all four tires on the ground;) You'll see what i mean....
4 tires? At one point you only had 2 on the ground and you were not doing a wheelie:eek: I think that was the first time that day you soiled you Red Thong!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
4 tires? At one point you only had 2 on the ground and you were not doing a wheelie:eek: I think that was the first time that day you soiled you Red Thong!
I soiled my Levi's during that momment, and I think I briefly blacked-out, cause I woke up to Stumpy screaming in my ear!! :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000