Gila Monster

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Out riding today and finally saw a Gila monster in the desert. I grew up in AZ and spent countless hours out in the desert, but I've only seen two Gila monsters in my life (in the wild). One was up on Camelback mountain in central Phoenix and now this one. I'm guessing about 2.5 feet long, hissed at us as I drove by him/her. By the time I got out and grabbed the camera he/she was already in full on stealth mode:

You'll see it crossing the road on the left side of the frame, by the time I got turned around, he/she was heading back to the other side of the road.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U__wVbcYeE&hd=1]YouTube - Box Canyon - Gila Monster in the road[/ame]

Good trip with my 6 year old!

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I have countless hours in the desert in az and have only seen one.I had to swerve to miss it on my quad and buy the time I turned around and went back I couldnt find it.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
I have countless hours in the desert in az and have only seen one.I had to swerve to miss it on my quad and buy the time I turned around and went back I couldnt find it.
I was pretty stoked to see it! These things are like finding Bigfoot, expect Bigfoot leaves prints!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000