2011 Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV Team is Bigger and Ready to Take Home Championships

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
2011 Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV Team is Bigger and Ready to Take Home Championships

Irvine, Calif. (January 24, 2010) – The Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV team has grown larger for 2011, building on an already impressive roster, aimed at attacking all disciplines the side-by-side world has to offer. From short courses to desert, expect to see the Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV team in full force and in serious contention for championships. The diverse team, hand-picked by Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green™ manager Reid Nordin, has been assembled to decimate the competition racing the 2011 Kawasaki Teryx® RUV. This year’s team includes a list of proven racers who know what it takes to win championships, including Chad George, Mike Lasher, Bobby Van Beekum, Jon Crowley, Casey Currie, and Brian Bennett.

“This year we have expanded the Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV team,†said Nordin. “We have selected a great group of proven racers from a diverse field to compete in several different off-road series and events. Pairing skilled drivers with the Kawasaki Teryx RUV’s powerful V-twin engine and proven power-train is a winning combination.â€

Returning for his fourth year on the Funco Monster Energy Kawasaki team, Chad George is no stranger to winning. This season George will be focusing his talent in the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series. With four LOORRS championships already under his belt, expect this veteran to be tracking down more trophies in his Kawasaki Teryx. With its V-twin power-plant at his command, George has proven to be one of the fiercest competitors in the series.

While he is officially the new kid on the Muzzys Monster Energy Kawasaki team, Bobby Van Beekum, is no rookie to off-road racing. Finishing third in the overall points in last years LOORRS series, Van Beekum knows how to find the podium. Building momentum from several wins last season, expect Van Beekum to give every racer in the LOORRS series a run for their money.

Veteran UTV racer Mike Lasher will also continue to represent Lasher Motorsports Monster Energy Kawasaki this season. Lasher finished second in the Best in the Desert overall points in his last full season in 2009 and is looking to take one more step up the podium in 2011 to claim the championship title. In addition to his run for the BITD championship, Lasher will also be racing in the Southern Nevada Off-Road Enthusiasts racing series.

Coming back for a second year representing the Monster Energy Kawasaki off-road race team is resident Traxxas TORC Pro Light champion, Casey Currie. When he is not blasting through checkered flags in his Monster Energy Kawasaki Pro Light truck, Currie will be piloting his Kawasaki Teryx in several select race events throughout the year.

Representing Crowley Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing for another season, Jon Crowley is looking to come out on top in both the Valley Off-Road Racing Association series and Hammerking Productions events this season. Having raced in the King of the Hammers since its inception, Crowley knows what it takes to win and has put together a bulletproof team to help him get there.

Known for his ability to customize a Kawasaki Teryx for just about anyone anywhere, Brian Bennett is renowned for his engineering prowess. Leading the Long Travel Industries Monster Energy Kawasaki race team, he also plans on showing the competition his skills extend beyond the fabrication shop. Racing in any of his beautifully customized Kawasaki Teryx machines never fails to draw a crowd of envious onlookers.

For the 2011 race season, the Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV race team will be infiltrating several off-road race series. Look for our racers at the LOORS, BITD, Hammerking Productions events, SNORE, VORRA, ASCC, and several other high profile off-road race events. Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green will be on hand at several UTV events in 2011 to offer technical assistance and emergency parts to support Kawasaki Teryx owners.

For the most recent Kawasaki racing action, interviews and more visit Kawasaki Racing

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Re: 2011 Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV Team is Bigger and Ready to Take Home Championsh

huge props to Bobby Vanbeekum for getting picked up!! Look for some special features on Bobby in the coming weeks here on UTVUnderground!!!

His car will is currently going through the Monster Energy makeover process!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Re: 2011 Monster Energy Kawasaki UTV Team is Bigger and Ready to Take Home Championsh

Also pumped to see Mike Lasher back on the team!! Its so cool to see all these UTVUnderground guys running on the same general team with Monster Energy Kawasaki! I am proud to call all of these guys friends! I am hoping to get to do some in car co-driving duties with Mike and Wally this year in the desert!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Jon Crowley is a huge addition to the Official Monster Energy Kawasaki Team. Having huge success last year in the VORRA series and having one of the coolest Kawasaki Teryx race UTV's ever built it is cool to see Jon get brought into the fold with Monster/Kawasaki! As you all know Jon is a huge contributor for UTVUnderground and you can usually find Jon and I and most UTV related events! Our next big event in the High Lifter Mud Nationals where we will be doing live coverage from the event!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

What more can I say about Chad George and the Funco Monster Energy/Kawasaki team? These guys are back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back UTV short course champions! Chad and the entire Funco team are huge supporters of UTVUnderground and represent our site and our sport well!! Look for plenty of coverage here on UTVUnderground this year on Team Funco!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Casey Currie is arguably the most recognizeable name on the Monster Energy Kawasaki race team. Casey is known for his versatile off road racing career. On any given weekend you can find him piloting his Pro Lite, Ultra4 Rock Buggy, UTV, or dirt bikes in all sorts of races and competitions. Casey is also a proud member of UTVUnderground (IM0T0) and runs the undergrounds colors on his UTV which we always enjoy seeing!

Word is Casey will be making the run with us to Moab in may for Rally on the Rocks so stay tuned for more coverage of Casey in his Kawasaki Teryx!

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona

Congratulations to all , excellent read Joey.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Its going to be a great year of racing.:D

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com

CONGRATS TO ALL. SHOULD BE A GREAT SEASON IN ALL THE SERIES REPRESENTED. IT IS GREAT TO SEE BOBBY GET THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES. IT IS JUST GOING TO BE A LITTLE STRANGE SEEING HIM IN A BLACK & GREEN CAR NOT RED. DOESN'T MONSTER MAKE SOMETHING WITH A RED LABEL?

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA

Bobby,
Way to go, Now your going to go way faster then ever with MONSTER ENERGY on your team! Good luck on a awsome 2011 season and well deserved.I cant wait to see the new monster race UTV.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF THE MONSTER ENERGY RACE TEAM AND KEEP ON CREATING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona

Congrats Bobby,you definetely have put in the time and are very deserving of this sponsorship.Good luck this year.With any luck I hope to be out there competing with you.

Austin Kimbrell

Monster Energy Kawasaki - UTVUnderground Team Driv
Jan 27, 2009
Arizona ASU

Good luck this year to all the monster energy utv racers!!!

i wish i could still be racing a utv but i think its time to move up to a super lite and a pro lite for 2011!!

No matter what i will not miss a utv race this year i will watch every one!! it will be kinda weird because i have never watched a utv race at lucas live so we will see how it goes!

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
I'm pumped to see Brian Bennett on the roster. He's good guy and makes great stuff! It will be interesting to see how he does... Good luck Brian!

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon

I'm wishing we lived closer....we are lonely up here in the pacific Northwest....:(:(..Barbara

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009

what an Amazing team... Good luck to all the guys out there racing... Team Green picked the best representatives...looking forward to seeing some great racing all around....woo hoo Kawasaki!!!!:eek:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA

Is Brian Bennett the owner of Long Travel Industries ???

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona

I'm wishing we lived closer....we are lonely up here in the pacific Northwest....:(:(..Barbara
Make a trip to a Lucas race it worth every penny

699Brent

#699 Pro UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 8, 2009

Congratulations on your support this year Chad, Bobby and the rest of the crew! Are you modifying your engines to 1000 cc's this season with the new Unlimited UTV rules or keeping them at 800's?

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

Good luck this year to all the monster energy utv racers!!!

i wish i could still be racing a utv but i think its time to move up to a super lite and a pro lite for 2011!!

No matter what i will not miss a utv race this year i will watch every one!! it will be kinda weird because i have never watched a utv race at lucas live so we will see how it goes!
it will make you want to drive it again. I miss racing against you guys

Congrats to the Monster UTV teams!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000