LOORRS Las Vegas Pics and Results

rmuzzy

Mr. Muzzy - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 2, 2009
Bend Oregon
I found it on lucas web site. R1's are 2002 thru 2008. I would think that up to 2008 ZX10 would be the rule. Cory I have a mock up ZX-10 you guy's can use to get motor plates done.

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
I heard that Kawi motors are a year ahead of the game on power that's why it is only going to 2007 not 2008.

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
What about the injectors you didnt hit that topic Corry. It's not inside the motor, people i'm sure have thought of that. Next year is gonna be a problem, I can already see it.
There would be no reason to change the injectors if the engine is not modified. These Japanese engines already come with high atomization injectors and more fuel is not needed without engine mods. Just my opinion. I wouldn't care if someone did change the injectors.

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Congrats to all the racers who are still competing in this series. It was a sad weekend for me to only see about 4 Unlimited UTVs racing.

However, props to the SR1s. The SR1s were laying it down at Vegas!!! :D
SR1 drivers, what is it about the Vegas track that allows you as a class as a whole to be quicker than the Unlimited UTVs?
It seems that at the other LOORRS tracks the SR1s and the Unlimited UTVs are much more evenly matched on the track. Comments?

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
I found it on lucas web site. R1's are 2002 thru 2008. I would think that up to 2008 ZX10 would be the rule. Cory I have a mock up ZX-10 you guy's can use to get motor plates done.
I have been told from a very reliable sorce that you can run any equal motor with ANYONES SETUP , and that the drive train and the motor locations must be the same!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
If you have done any thorough research on the R1/Kawi motors, you will realize why the years mentioned are being considered.....and I have heard the same things regarding the class next season, but again, I am not going to speak for LOORRS....will let them make their own announcements on changes, etc. I am sure they will come out with something soon so everyone can figure out their program for next season. Mine's easy....I will be putting a 4th season on my Rhino/SR1.

Chris, to answer your question IMO, it's not the track itself - it's the fact that we, as drivers, are just getting to be better drivers in the class. We are figuring out our setups, we are changing our driving styles and learning how to get the power to the ground with these two wheel drives, and when they don't soak the track (like they did at Speedy last time), we can hook up pretty good.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I have been told from a very reliable sorce that you can run any equal motor with ANYONES SETUP , and that the drive train and the motor locations must be the same!
I will make a phonecall, Todd - but as I said before, I'm pretty sure this is NOT the case.

Rhino620

Oct 25, 2010
If you have done any thorough research on the R1/Kawi motors, you will realize why the years mentioned are being considered.....and I have heard the same things regarding the class next season, but again, I am not going to speak for LOORRS....will let them make their own announcements on changes, etc. I am sure they will come out with something soon so everyone can figure out their program for next season. Mine's easy....I will be putting a 4th season on my Rhino/SR1.

So This begs the question, Is it time we have a affordable frame spec'd out to attract more racers? the Rhino frame is $1500 to $2000 depending on where it's purchased and the Teryx frame is not available through Kawasaki. Their both cut down to the floor pans (about a hundred bucks in metal)and rebuilt having to be strengthened, so wouldn't it make more sense to template an existing frame(Rhino or Teryx) OR design a hybrid that fits either motor package.

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
I agree on the injectors, I also agree with Cory, All the SR1 drivers have gotten way better since the beginning of the Lucas season. We can now control the power of these things (better) and can pick better lines. Speedeworld and Vegas have more sweeping turns so we can carry our speed way better. Glen Hellan and Utah were very tight and technical tracks resulting in 4 wheel drive being a better set-up cause of all the constant corners.

I think we should make a track just for fun that is just like sprint car tracks (oval track) but put a big table top in the middle on the straight aways. That would be a blast.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I'd love to hit a track where we can get into 4th gear - that would be awesome! Until then, I guess we have the dunes! :)

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Do you think you could have got 4th gear on the back straight of Lake Elsinore?

Has anybody tried going to Firebird and taking a look at the new track?

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
I will make a phonecall, Todd - but as I said before, I'm pretty sure this is NOT the case.
I think when they do open the class it will bring alot more racers , they will just have to enforce the motor sizes and years. Like everything else every year there is something bigger and better than the last , which is hard to keep up with in the racing prospect. The numbers are down in the utv classes and i think they are just wanting more people to show up! I dont like the fact that they race after the national anthem , just tells me that utvs are a pre show! To much work and money goes into racing that series , and they doent even televise the utvs and trophy karts??????

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I personally am glad they aren't opening this class to any/all motors - IMO, it would ruin the class and the whole purpose for why it was created in the first place. If it's ever a fully open class, I doubt I will be a part of it. An open class would be the complete opposite of the "almost spec" class this was designed to be, and it would be anything but a driver's class.

As for the numbers.....this is the end of the season, and instead of dying off like most classes do, the SR1 class is growing. It's growing because there are a lot of other racers out there who also want to participate in a drivers class where the machines are kept as similar as possible and it's not a HP game. To change that format would hurt the class, not increase it's numbers, and I think the folks at LOORRS understand that.

And.... pre-show or not, we have almost full stands for our UTV races this year, which is far from what it was like in 2009. I'd love to be after the anthem, but they have time issues to deal with and TV to work with - honestly, I am just happy to be able to race in a series of this caliber, where we can get the exposure we get for our sponsors. I have heard tons of good things from the fans and in the stands about the UTV classes this year, and I think we will continue to see an increase in interest throughout 2011.

Big thanks again to LOORRS and everyone for not only having us as a part of your series, but for giving us a payout this year and even an end of the year points fund award! It's been a really fun season!

Last edited:

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
the Rhino frame is $1500 to $2000 depending on where it's purchased and the Teryx frame is not available through Kawasaki. Their both cut down to the floor pans (about a hundred bucks in metal)and rebuilt having to be strengthened, so wouldn't it make more sense to template an existing frame(Rhino or Teryx) OR design a hybrid that fits either motor package.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to correct you but Kawasaki Teryx frames are available. New replacement engines are available through Muzzy's and Kawasaki Performance Accessories.

Rhino620

Oct 25, 2010
My apoligies, your absoultly right, honestly the last time I checked was about the middle of 09, but the fact you can buy one really wasn't my question. Why spend the money on a factory frame that's cut down and reinforced when one could be spec'd out. Then that money could go towards better safety equipment, suspension or whatever not to mention the time saved not having to cut and prep a factory one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000