2011 King Of The Hammers UTV Race Info **UPDATED w/ Pics**

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

UTVUnderground.com is proud to announce that we have officially partnered with King Of The Hammers for this years 2011 Pit Bull Tires UTV King Of The Hammers. Today (December 16th, 2010) I had the pleasure to join Jeff Knoll of King Of The Hammers and Reid Nordin of Kawasaki on a trip out to the "Hammers" in Johnson Valley to check out this years UTV course and discuss plans for this years 3rd annual UTV race.

In addition to pre running potential areas of the course we also discussed some details of the race and got some answers to the questions a lot of you have so here are some of the Bullet Points of todays run and meating!

2011 Pit Bull Tires UTV King Of The Hammers

King of the Hammers

SPONSORS​

Pit Bull Tires

HCR Racing

Kawasaki Motor Co.

UTVUnderground.com​

INFORMATION:

-Approx 40 Mile UTV Race Course

-3 Rock Hill Sections

-1 Designated Remote Pit Location

-No Chasing

-8AM Start Time RAIN OR SHINE

-Estimated AVG Finish Time 2:45min

-Time Limit TBD

-Pre Run OK, Map to be released 2/6/11

-GPS Map Available for D-Load at Check-In Must Bring Own SD Card

-Tech is Anytime between Monday & Wed. The Week of the Race (Tech Hrs TBD)

-Co-Driver Optional but Recommended

-Winch HIGHLY Recommended

-NO Street Bike Motor Swaps ALLOWED

-1000CC Limit Factory CVT Engines, Rotax & Brute Force Swaps OK

-SEE Rule Book For More Tech & Rule Information. King of the Hammers

-50 UTV Limit, Must Register ASAP Registration Cut/Off Tuesday before race or when 50 UTV's Have Registered. King of the Hammers

-$400 UTV Entry Fee

-Payback TBD

-Kawasaki Motor Co. will be on Hand offering UTV Demo Rides!

-There will be a gate at the entrance to Hammer Town on Boone Rd. where King Of The Hammers will be collecting a $10 per person Fee which will have portions going to protect land use!!! This is a DONATION and not Mandatory but all attendees will be encouraged to donate for the good of the community.

-In light of the California 200 tragedy King Of The Hammers officials have instituded spectator areas for the race. This will mean that certain areas will not be open to spectating. This is to protect both the spectators and the racers as well as the sport in general. Please respect the new spectator rules.

We went on a little excursion in a couple of Kawasaki Teryxs through parts of the Hammers today. Heres a few pics of our adventure. Thats Reid Nordin AKA Team Green behind the wheel and Jeff Knoll of King of the Hammers assisting and co-dogging.​

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/15740708" width="600" height="338" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/15740708">2011 King of the Hammers UTV Race Announcement</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/octanemedia">Octane Media</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>​

2011 King of the Hammers UTV Race Announcement | Octane Media

2011 PitBull Tires UTV King Of The Hammers

Attachments

Last edited:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Re: 2011 King Of The Hammers UTV Race Info...Video..

This is by far one of the best races around, you guys dont want to miss it! I went last year and ready for another year of some rock crawling. The UTVunderground town will be located next to hammer town.

See you guys there.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009

Hammer Town USA!!!!!!!! Let's do a big party. We can have our own little community inside of Hammer Town USA.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010

Hammer Town USA!!!!!!!! Let's do a big party. We can have our own little community inside of Hammer Town USA.
Thank for posting my video. I appreciate it. I was glad to hear any rumors of not having the race go away. Jeff was cool about any questions I wanted to ask.

We'll have our RZR-S ready for the race. I can't wait to get it out there, and I'm definitely up for congregating together somewhere at Hammer Town with side by sides. It will be cool to meet you guys out there. HCR is doing my suspension and tuning, so my RZR will probably be hanging around his pit.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

Joey, think you or Rusty could conjure up a map of what the pit and camping area at Johnson Valley looks like for KOH, then we could try to find an area for everyone to meet and camp. Keep the sideX's all together as everyone is mentioning.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net

Joey, think you or Rusty could conjure up a map of what the pit and camping area at Johnson Valley looks like for KOH, then we could try to find an area for everyone to meet and camp. Keep the sideX's all together as everyone is mentioning.
The biggest problem is the place gets absolutely packed. Really need to have everyone take some extra time off and get there well before the UTV race. There is a ton going on during the week, and if you find yourself bored with LCQ, etc, for the buggy race, you can just go for a ride. Awesome place for UTVs to explore.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

The biggest problem is the place gets absolutely packed. Really need to have everyone take some extra time off and get there well before the UTV race. There is a ton going on during the week, and if you find yourself bored with LCQ, etc, for the buggy race, you can just go for a ride. Awesome place for UTVs to explore.
You've done this before Jon, what do you recommend for arrival day, etc. Any other good info you can impart on us.
Has there been a contingency listing or prize listing yet for the UTV Race?

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010

I saw a promotional package put together by Hammerking at the Expo. There were a few maps already included in that packet. There may be an overall pit map in that packet. :p

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

Map of last year's setup....don't know if it'll be the same this year, looks like Jeff has added some tothe overall course and this may change the pit/camping area...

TwReno

Oct 16, 2010

Im in, I dropped the Teryx off at the fab shop today.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Pretty pumped for KOH's 2011!!! We need to set it up early if we all want to plan a full on meet, camp, and get together at the race. I think it would be cool to get there kind of early and rope off a huge section outside of hammer town just for all of us to post up at

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

Pretty pumped for KOH's 2011!!! We need to set it up early if we all want to plan a full on meet, camp, and get together at the race. I think it would be cool to get there kind of early and rope off a huge section outside of hammer town just for all of us to post up at
Jon said he's going to go out Monday. I am going to get there either Monday or Tuesday, depending on work...
I think having an area set up for the SXS crowd would be great.

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado

My brother is flying in from VA Just for this race, do you think we should start a roll call list to try and get an idea, this might help determined how big of a space we need.

1. Craig: 35 ft Toyhauler. 1 rhino.

Just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000