Official UTVUG LOORRS RD5/6 Pics and Results Thread

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
No problem Cory, not like you guys havn't ever given me parts or tools to use. IVY is gonna try to be prepaired as much as possible for Utah. Seems like every race we run into more and more things we find out we need.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Thats a tough one.. It would be awesome if they could run us at different times, but i know we probably don't have enough cars to make that happen, plus i am sure it would be tough to squeeze in another race just due to time constraints.

From my perspective, it makes things difficult trying to get past 4 cars not even in your class, to try and reach the guys in your class to compete with them. But also, that is due to bad qualifying, so that is kind of the luck of the draw. And i assume its the same way for the faster guys in the unlimited class trying to get past the SR1 that are between them and the leaders out in front.

I don't know how scattered we are at the competition yellow, but if we have enough room, i think starting the two classes with a half lap difference might be a possibility, but then with the faster cars in the 2nd pack, they might catch the slower guys of pack #1, and that could be even worse..

I think thats a good idea about which ever group is faster in qualifying, gets to start out front. Just from the two tracks i have witnessed, it seems the more turns, the faster the unlimiteds are, and with speedworld, it seemed like the SR1's had the advantage there.. But i would think there has to be some sort of a delay between the starting of the 2 classes.

It seems like everyone is within a few seconds of each other if there are no mechanical problems, so starting them in a split might work pretty well.. only way to find out, is to try it.. and i would be down for that.

As for the inversion, i don't really have a grasp on how that works for the other classes right now. Isn't it sort of random, they move some around, but not all? Or do they just flip it around so the fast cars are in the back, and slow cars up front? Not sure.

Thats my .02. G-

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Well, it's actually been a toss up as to who's faster at which track - I believe an SR1 got the fastest lap time in Vegas and at Speedworld. But if you average out the classes, the fastest drivers of each class are all very, very close.

I think the only totally fair way to race us is to split our classes completely - but......we all know that's not gonna happen - lol!

Next best thing, IMO, is what Grant suggested......we could try splitting the start at the beginning of the race. Line each class up in order of their own qualifiers, and then gap the second field, who will also be in order of their own qualifier.

I also think the only fair way to determine which class gets to start first, is by top qualifier for that particular round. That way, it's not always going to be one class in front, and the other in the back at every race.....it will also give everyone a little extra incentive to get fastest time overall. No one wants to be in the back!

I don't really see any disadvantages to splitting the start....other than starting position on the track for each class when the flag drops? And....whoever is on pole for the 2nd class will really have to keep their speed down in order to keep the gap intact. Lately, the class has practically been up to full speed when the green flag drops, and that will ruin the gap pretty quickly!

We have a fast field this year.....all of us are making it to the first turn at the same damn time, and it's really tricky to make it through unscathed unless you are on the front row - splitting the starts should aleviate some of that chaos - and if there is any entanglements, at least it will be with the same class......

Another thought that just occurred to me. Rather than all of us start on the same green but spaced out, do it like they do in MX. First class gets the green flag - they head off into turn one....second class is rolling up to the start - flag goes back up- they get their OWN green flag, once turn one is clear. That would keep us apart for a while, too......and make it easier on the fans to follow each class.

Rander637

The Worlds Fastest RZR's - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 22, 2009
So Cal
I think the only totally fair way to race us is to split our classes completely - but......we all know that's not gonna happen - lol!

Next best thing, IMO, is what Grant suggested......we could try splitting the start at the beginning of the race. Line each class up in order of their own qualifiers, and then gap the second field, who will also be in order of their own qualifier.

I also think the only fair way to determine which class gets to start first, is by top qualifier for that particular round. That way, it's not always going to be one class in front, and the other in the back at every race.....it will also give everyone a little extra incentive to get fastest time overall. No one wants to be in the back!

I think this is a great idea also, and I have asked Corry(the tech guy) his opinion on it but it's hard to get an accurate opinion without taking a vote in the drivers meeting or something. I say you look at the top five in qualifying and who ever has the most cars in it gets to start first?

Unfortunately it's nice to have more UTV's on the track, but there just too different from each other to be run together in my opinion. For example, on sunday, I had some problems in qualifying and had to start 14th, while I had a car possibly able to make it on the podium, it was just to short of a time span to catch the front three cars. Again im not trying to say the r1 class is a problem, I just think this weekend shows that we all need to talk about the issue together.

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
No problem Cory, not like you guys havn't ever given me parts or tools to use. IVY is gonna try to be prepaired as much as possible for Utah. Seems like every race we run into more and more things we find out we need.
I want to thank dan kelly for fixing my shifter.and the wellers for all their help if it wasnt for jason i wouldnt of been able to race on sunday.and jimmy from extrem for valving my rear shocks .it was good seeing everyone good job to cody...and to utv underground so we all can post are thoughts.thanks joey.:)

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
I think the 2 green flags would probably be the best way to split us up.. I think its worth a try, and see how it goes.. we could do it during practice on friday morning to see how it works.

G-

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
funny yopu mention that Rog..I heard that someone with an older yellow race rhino had a lot of questions about the SR1 class??? hmmmmm.... now wouldnt that shake things up a bit!
Oh Yes SIR! :D

Drivers be on your A- game if he comes out :cool:
hmmm. thought he said

The Flyin Banana will never be an SR1 car. It may see some laps with Brandon Arthur behind the wheel some time soon though.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Thats a tough one.. It would be awesome if they could run us at different times, but i know we probably don't have enough cars to make that happen, plus i am sure it would be tough to squeeze in another race just due to time constraints.

From my perspective, it makes things difficult trying to get past 4 cars not even in your class, to try and reach the guys in your class to compete with them. But also, that is due to bad qualifying, so that is kind of the luck of the draw. And i assume its the same way for the faster guys in the unlimited class trying to get past the SR1 that are between them and the leaders out in front.

I don't know how scattered we are at the competition yellow, but if we have enough room, i think starting the two classes with a half lap difference might be a possibility, but then with the faster cars in the 2nd pack, they might catch the slower guys of pack #1, and that could be even worse..

I think thats a good idea about which ever group is faster in qualifying, gets to start out front. Just from the two tracks i have witnessed, it seems the more turns, the faster the unlimiteds are, and with speedworld, it seemed like the SR1's had the advantage there.. But i would think there has to be some sort of a delay between the starting of the 2 classes.

It seems like everyone is within a few seconds of each other if there are no mechanical problems, so starting them in a split might work pretty well.. only way to find out, is to try it.. and i would be down for that.

As for the inversion, i don't really have a grasp on how that works for the other classes right now. Isn't it sort of random, they move some around, but not all? Or do they just flip it around so the fast cars are in the back, and slow cars up front? Not sure.

Thats my .02. G-
Greg,

the fast qualifier's spotter draws a number, that shows the inversion, usually 0-8 positions as I remember it.

like RJ said, catching your own group seems to be an issue. this is why I suggested starting parrallel, SR1's in one line and unlimited in the other. this way you would be right behind ( or in front of) your own competition for the starts. one reason I suggested 4x4 in the inside for the starts is that from watching you peeps and driving one, they can get through the corner tighter than the SR1's that pitch it in and drift out on the higher speed corners. To me it appears that most should get through at least the first turn a little better.

the setback of groups, I think will be hard. If it was a landrush, then I would say that could be easy to do, start one group, move up the second and start them, but not rolling without a second pace truck to keep the gap. Not sure Lucas would want another pace truck, but maybe they would do it.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
No offense, Rog, but I don't want to be relegated to the outside on the first corner. Suckiest place to be, IMO - SR1's can cut the inside just as fast as the Unlimited's....

The split start according to qualifiers is the most fair solution so far....

I am sure we will wind up voting on this in Utah and get it figured out.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I appreciate what Grant wants to do however, the current start makes a great show for LOORRS which is what they want. Its what I would want if I were going through the trouble of promoting this race, lots of action and the two classes mixed definetly provides that.

Two greens may look too much like an amatuer MX event (my opinion) but if it went that way or with one group in front of the other does LOORRS stop the race at the caution and seperate the classes again so they're still racing in their own groups?

The side by side thing sounds good but what if #1 outside row actually did set the pole?

RJ is referring to Code being in front of him at the caution restart, when Code had no shot at Dan Kelly I told him to move over for RJ. Same thing happened to Code in Phoenix getting held up by the Holz RZR at the restart and a possible shot at Tyler and the podium, oh well. Two classes together causes these problems but is kind of the current nature of the beast when there are not enough of either of type of car to support the class on their own.

At the last CORR race before CORR & the economey imploded there were 23 UTV's, between the two classes now we barely make 14, what ever the solution that we come up with as a group we need to be in agreement with even if someone doesnt get their way. Seven cars doesnt make much of a show and could become more trouble than its worth for LOORRS.

My opinions;
1. Leave it alone. The spotters need to do a better job of working together to avoid conflict. Lets get through the year and hope we grow both classes enough they could be split up for next year.

2. The overall winner of both classes gets an extra $50.00 on top of his 1st place purse. Now wouldnt that make things interesting.

Something to remember, without LOORRS short course UTV racing is toast, lets not rock the boat too hard.

The last CORR race.

CORR Sunday 9/14/08

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/Ac2zfwI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

EDIT, BTW, lets hope my video is a preview of the new Glen Helen track.

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I agree with Doug! Right now as a fan you see 13-15 UTV's...They dont really seperate the SR1 form Unlimited in the fans eyes..Its all UTV's. I say race it out! Maybe next year we can geta few more Unlimiteds and SR1's and then plead the case to seperate the 2.

I will say though this is your guys and gals thing, but as a fan I love watching all of you go at it SXS!

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Good points guys....it IS about the fans - without them wanting to watch, we wouldn't have a class. Anyone see how full the stands were for both of our races?? They weren't like that for the TK races, so those people came to watch US race!

Putting it in that perpective, I am more inclined to let things be for now....and just make sure I get a really good qualifying time - lol!

As far as the mandatory caution order if they DID split the start...I would hope they would just leave it alone....single file...how it is now. It would start getting too hard to try to sort the classes out again for the restart.

Lots to think about....but more than anything, I don't want to make our classes a pain in the ass for LOORRS...we are low man on the totum pole....I would hate for them to get frustrated with us and just say "to hell with the utv's next year". Let's give them a good show, put fans in the stands, racers on the track, and race as clean as we can with whatever we are given to work with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000