Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Nice, how did it do?
They are awesome! grant it the car has a 916cc Muzzys Motor so pit can move them with ease...but they look great and work great! definitley THE setup to have!

it's a street bike Motor but it's 4wd????
For being a guy who is so secret about his build you sure do want to know a lot about this one....lol.....but to answer your question: No and Yes

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Did you see this set up we were running this weekend on Reid's (Team Green) Teryx?

I like that setup Joey. What size tire is that though, I though BFG quit making the Mud Terrains and All Terrains in 15 inch sizes.. it'd be awesome if they are building them... I think some of the longer desert races, they would perform well.

FiveFlat

May 6, 2009
Are those 15s? I thought they were 14" wheels!

edit: Ahh, a careful look at the tire and you can see it's a 215/75R15

Nice - tell me about those wheels now then!

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
That is a really cool wheel and tire set up. Just to let you guy's know we are doing some final set up today for the new Super Nessy, we should be testing very soon. I'll see if I can get some Spy video...

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
If it's not a streetbike motor, and it doesnt have a trans, then i
I'd have to guess its a PWC motor.

Something like this:
<TABLE id=ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder_ContentBottom_subContentContent_Content_Specifications1_dlSpecs style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=whiteText cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #090909; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 160px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Engine</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Supercharged and intercooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline four-cylinder</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=whiteText cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 160px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Displacement</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">1,498 cc</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=whiteText cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #090909; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 160px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Bore x Stroke</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">83 x 69.2 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=whiteText cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 160px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Compression Ratio</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">7.8:1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=whiteText cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #090909; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 160px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Induction</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Roots-type supercharger with air-to-water intercooler</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=whiteText cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 160px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Maximum boost</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">11.4 psi</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=whiteText cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #090909; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 160px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Maximum horsepower</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">250hp @ 7,750 rpm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I like that setup Joey. What size tire is that though, I though BFG quit making the Mud Terrains and All Terrains in 15 inch sizes.. it'd be awesome if they are building them... I think some of the longer desert races, they would perform well.
Are those 15s? I thought they were 14" wheels!

edit: Ahh, a careful look at the tire and you can see it's a 215/75R15

Nice - tell me about those wheels now then!
All I know is the rim was custom built for the tires. I think the tires can be purchased. Not sure on the A/T

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Good eyes on the tire size!

Yes BFG still makes these in 15" The are the "new" Mud terrain KM2's that you see on all the rock crawlers. The rims are custom OMF with billet centers and a welded inner ring for strength. The rim is custom beacause a standard UTV rim will not work with the large size of the BFG bead bundle compaired to the UTv/ATV tire bead bundle.

The tire and wheel package is not light but it weighs no more then what we ran in Baja on the Nessy.

So far I have no complaints and I do plan on using BFG's to pre run Baja.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Good eyes on the tire size!

Yes BFG still makes these in 15" The are the "new" Mud terrain KM2's that you see on all the rock crawlers. The rims are custom OMF with billet centers and a welded inner ring for strength. The rim is custom beacause a standard UTV rim will not work with the large size of the BFG bead bundle compaired to the UTv/ATV tire bead bundle.

The tire and wheel package is not light but it weighs no more then what we ran in Baja on the Nessy.

So far I have no complaints and I do plan on using BFG's to pre run Baja.
Thanks, I run KM2s on my truck and love them, they give good traction on just about anything I've tried terrain-wise.
I might have to see if I can get a OMF to make a set of wheels for me to run these on my AC.

FiveFlat

May 6, 2009
Dang, don't wanna hijack this thread but is the 14" ITP wheel not suitable for the 14" all terrain BFG either?

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Dang, don't wanna hijack this thread but is the 14" ITP wheel not suitable for the 14" all terrain BFG either?
If you notice on the Red Teryx (custom paint) in Joey's picutres from Moab you see that on that car I have Walker Evans wheels with BFG All terrains in a 14" size. They are on Bead locks but we had to build custom spacers to allow for the larger bead bundle. I'm a bead lock fan so I went to the extra lengths to make this work as oppose to just mounting them to the inner bead on the Walker Rims.

The only issue with those AT's is the size is a little smaller then what I wanted for an overall height. They still worked very well also as can be seen in the roack faces we climbed on Metal Masher.

DRAGONFIRERACING

DFR 2009 Baja 500-1000 Winners! - Official UTVUnde
Jul 1, 2009
Uh Oh! here is a look into what it takes in solid works for us to design this little gem!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000