dark horse r1 build

roostingrhino

Roost That Rhino - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 21, 2009
02-03 r1 motor rpm gear box with reverse
the motor just drops out the bottom easy i made a block that is perfict hight and just set the chassis on the ground and very fast and easy... i have rugged radio setup also.

Last edited by a moderator:

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco
Re: drak horse r1 build

Nick, It lloks like your gear on the RPM box is using the keyway compression gear. Is that correct?

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009

yeah the sprocket is a 2 piece clamp on sprocket... its what dan from rpm gave me he said its the best route to go...

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA

Looking Great Nick! that's the same way I remove my motor. Very Easy to do !!

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009

took apart my rpm gear box today gunna cut down the sprocket shaft to get more clearence for the oil bath i have got some great design ideas just got to figure out how to get it done with out costing me a lot.

shitty pic i know ill get some better ones when put it back together

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009

just got off the phone with dan from rpm and he now makes all his new boxes with a new 2" splined shaft that uses a gsxr front sprocket. so if you want my 2 piece clamp on sprocket and shaft and bearing i would part with it. its in perfict working order i just have togo a differnt route with my oil bath chain. with in the next few weeks i will start building it.

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco

just got off the phone with dan from rpm and he now makes all his new boxes with a new 2" splined shaft that uses a gsxr front sprocket. so if you want my 2 piece clamp on sprocket and shaft and bearing i would part with it. its in perfict working order i just have togo a differnt route with my oil bath chain. with in the next few weeks i will start building it.
Sorry, I didn't keep up with the post. The splined shaft is where I was going. Just wanted to give a heads up that I had that clamp gear literally blow apart at the Elsinore GP. Dan changed to his new version shaft, and no more issues so far. I am sure you spoke to Dan about wanting a shorter output shaft, when he replace mine the new shaft was around 1 1/2- 1 3/4 shorter than the old one. Do not remember the exact dimension.

Mike

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009

the following pictures are step by step removal of the shaft bearing. i am gong with his new shaft which uses a new and improved bearing and seal...

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
Yeah it's a little noisy. Kinda whines when I gas it. But it's not overly loud I am going to use a stock muffler to keep it stealthy. I have a new rugged radio setup also

Reactions: 1 person

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
did a little assembly gotta get it rolling to road trip to kansas my cusins machine shop. waiting on some ups packages also...

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
got most of the body done and the steering and pedals finalized. i am getting close to being able to fire this beast up...

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
thanks joey do you think its worthy of a few utvunderground stickers? its has a nice spot on the door for some!

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009

painted the frame and doing some final assembly
soon ill be starting this bitch up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000