New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Looks like the media got to test the Talon out in Sand Hollow, Ut. Looks like a fun car to drive and the DCT set up is pretty slick. These guys did a good review and seems they were impressed.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I will wait until I get to drive one or someone credible like UTV guide does a review. I have seen enough of Curly and Moe on social media to know these guys are a couple of clowns. That being said, its a Honda and I would expect good things.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I will wait until I get to drive one or someone credible like UTV guide does a review. I have seen enough of Curly and Moe on social media to know these guys are a couple of clowns. That being said, its a Honda and I would expect good things.
I want to drive one. Looks like Honda hit the mark with the 6 speed DCT set up.

I want to see how the gearing does with a 32” tire.

I think the SXS Blog guys do a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I want to drive one. Looks like Honda hit the mark with the 6 speed DCT set up.

I want to see how the gearing does with a 32” tire.

I think the SXS Blog guys do a good job.

According to Fishers ATV World 32's will rub on the rear shock without a different offset wheel, I think they might be a little bias though.

I believe SXS blog guys are not only bias but really aren't very knowledgeable about the inner workings of a UTV. After watching some of their earlier video's I prefer not to waste any more time watching them. Their constant crying on social media that Textron wont give them a XX gets old very fast also. I will give them credit for having a good time and apparently turning it in to a profitable venture but I am looking for better info than the provide.

UTV guide and Shock Therapy do the best reviews IMO.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
According to Fishers ATV World 32's will rub on the rear shock without a different offset wheel, I think they might be a little bias though.

I believe SXS blog guys are not only bias but really aren't very knowledgeable about the inner workings of a UTV. After watching some of their earlier video's I prefer not to waste any more time watching them. Their constant crying on social media that Textron wont give them a XX gets old very fast also. I will give them credit for having a good time and apparently turning it in to a profitable venture but I am looking for better info than the provide.

UTV guide and Shock Therapy do the best reviews IMO.
Why do you think they are biased? They may not know everything but they do a decent job.

Textron would of been smart to let them have a Wildcat XX. They have a big following and would at least be another avenue to get the work out other than RG pimping his Speedcat stuff.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Why do you think they are biased? They may not know everything but they do a decent job.

Textron would of been smart to let them have a Wildcat XX. They have a big following and would at least be another avenue to get the work out other than RG pimping his Speedcat stuff.

Why should Textron have to give them a XX to get an honest review? They wined like crazy on social media about it and showed their true colors. How can you take someone that can easily be bought serious?

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Why should Textron have to give them a XX to get an honest review? They wined like crazy on social media about it and showed their true colors. How can you take someone that can easily be bought serious?
Another avenue of marketing. They film a lot of their rides. Shows their many followers and joe public how well the Wildcat does and how it holds up.

Why do you think Polaris jumped on board with them? Sounds like Honda is letting them have a test unit. Can Am invites them to events.

At this point the only thing we see is RG and company racing or promoting Speed Cat. and usually not finishing very well. Speedcat is offering a 4 seat wildcat xx before Textron has announce a release.

RG is doing a good job of pushing the product, but Textron needs more then him.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Another avenue of marketing. They film a lot of their rides. Shows their many followers and joe public how well the Wildcat does and how it holds up.

Why do you think Polaris jumped on board with them? Sounds like Honda is letting them have a test unit. Can Am invites them to events.

At this point the only thing we see is RG and company racing or promoting Speed Cat. and usually not finishing very well. Speedcat is offering a 4 seat wildcat xx before Textron has announce a release.

RG is doing a good job of pushing the product, but Textron needs more then him.

They bag on Textron. Well respected companies like Shock Therapy, who raced Polaris and now CanAm, gave it a great review with way greater detail than these 2 could ever understand. Maybe Textron could do more but Curly and Moe aren't the answer IMO.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
They bag on Textron. Well respected companies like Shock Therapy, who raced Polaris and now CanAm, gave it a great review with way greater detail than these 2 could ever understand. Maybe Textron could do more but Curly and Moe aren't the answer IMO.
The Shock Therapy review was awesome. Their impressions is exactly what I thought after rain with a Wildcat XX in Baja. They are racing a Wildcat at the Mint.

Curly and Moe! Lmao!!!

It does not seem like Textron let any of the media people have a unit. I don’t think John at UTV Guide has one.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
They were actually working with Textron to get a car, then some of their antics in public ruined that for them. Then their response on their "review" cut their own throat. If you watch their review - Look at the yxz's exhaust and see if you can see whats missing in that "stock" car.

Then when the other media outlets that drove the XX went against what they said it just got uglier for them in terms of credibility.

The Honda is a neat car but the traction control blows and kills the fun factor of the car imo.

Reactions: tatum

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
They were actually working with Textron to get a car, then some of their antics in public ruined that for them. Then their response on their "review" cut their own throat. If you watch their review - Look at the yxz's exhaust and see if you can see whats missing in that "stock" car.

Then when the other media outlets that drove the XX went against what they said it just got uglier for them in terms of credibility.

The Honda is a neat car but the traction control blows and kills the fun factor of the car imo.
Thanks for the refresher on their review as it has been a while since I saw it and didn't feel like going back and watching again.

I ended up watching their review on the Talon and they loved the stiff ride at slow speeds and the tires while the other 2 reviews I read didn't like either.

Is the traction control a 4 wheel system on the Talon or just for the front?

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I checked out both models at my local dealer and they are nice and look better in person. The cab is small like the Popo so it is very tight for a tall long guy like me. They appear extremely easy to work on and fit and finish is very nice. The X model still has the suspension tabs that the R model uses on its chassis so it could be upgraded later. Overall it looks like a nice machine and would love to get out and drive one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000