Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Been really quiet here - and honestly Dakar was not even of interest to me this year...
Then Robby Gordon enters with 3 SpeedCats/Textron XX’s - with Robby Gordon, Cole Potts and Blade Hildebrand as drivers - as of course all sorts of typical social media pre-race drama ensues.
And the Alba Nate posts up Ignacio Casale (bad assed Chilean quad driver) in a YXZ.
So Dakar just got interesting again!
Who else gonna watch now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
You definitely peaked my interest.
I don't do social media (never have/never will; especially after the examples set here)...yet what possible drama could RG teams ever produce given their utter lack of it to date?
Would love to see another quad guy make a name for himself ala Matlock and Yokley. It will soon get to the point where no future GOATS/legends will have ever cut their teeth completely exposed with nothing but a motor between their legs.
Bad ass(es) indeed.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Been really quiet here - and honestly Dakar was not even of interest to me this year...
Then Robby Gordon enters with 3 SpeedCats/Textron XX’s - with Robby Gordon, Cole Potts and Blade Hildebrand as drivers - as of course all sorts of typical social media pre-race drama ensues.
And the Alba Nate posts up Ignacio Casale (bad assed Chilean quad driver) in a YXZ.
So Dakar just got interesting again!
Who else gonna watch now??

I have always watched it. This year will be fun with all the Americans racing.

Did you notice that Robby entered his Speedcat in the car class? He is not racing against the UTVs. He is going for an overall again the Mini teams, Peugeot teams, Toyota teams and etc....

Cassie Curry will be in an X3.

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
* Green flag on 010719 *

>Dakar app is working - lots of cool content
>RDC - expecting lots of coverage
> DTV - 220 NBCSHD Rally
>Dish - 159
>Social Media - tons of content

Lots of X3’s, handful of YXZ and XP

The XX’s are entered in the Car class - that will spur conversation...

With lots of dunes this year it will be interesting to see how SxS perform.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Any info on the Dakar app? Also info on who to follow on social media?

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Looks like Robby had a rough day after already getting hammered the day before with the speed limit placed on him and his teammates.

Currie is don’t pretty well in the SXS class. Can Am is crushing it.

Where is that game changing Honda Talon? Lol!

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Guess you missed it - Talon already finished...

Can Am has a huge presence and is doing well. The few YXZ’s are running respectable. Robby is having a brutal day - and it’s only day 3...

This like a 2 weeks of races in Baja with no GPS to follow.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Guess you missed it - Talon already finished...

Can Am has a huge presence and is doing well. The few YXZ’s are running respectable. Robby is having a brutal day - and it’s only day 3...

This like a 2 weeks of races in Baja with no GPS to follow.

Fun to watch. Robby got shafted when they told him no speed limit and then after he commits and things are being shipped there is a 80mph speed limit.

There are a lot of UTVs entered in the race in both the UTV class and car class. There are at least 2 other UTV besides the Textrons in the car class.

I heard the Talon is doing the course for a second time because it was so easy. LOL!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
So the Dakar has been completed:

Cassie Currie finished 4th overall in his Can Am. I think more than 90% of the SXSs racing in Dakar were Can Am X3s.

Robby Godron, Blade Hidebrand, and Cole Potts finished in their Speedcats/Wildcat XX. Interestingly Blade came in 1st place in the OP1 class (a sub class within the car class) and Robby Gordon came in 3rd.

Good showing for the Americans in the Dakar.

The bikes had Andrew Short coming in 4th overall. Poor Ricky lost a motor after leading the race with a few stages left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000