RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

XtremeMF

Oct 1, 2012

Who would show up and run if the 2019 UTV World Championships created a class for the youth RZR570
Age limit would need to be determined in Lucas Oil the age is 10 to 15
This would be a STOCK Class

Oct 5, 2018
Please do a 570 class, we have made the trip the past 2 years in 170's from Ok & Tx and all 4 kids are now too old.

My crew will have 4-5 from Ok, Tx & Mo.

I'm interested in how the "stock class" is defined. I believe I understand but others may not. Someone may show up with a "stock" 50" model & no safety gear expecting to race. I'd like to see the rules published months in advance so we can be sure we are compliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: XtremeMF

XtremeMF

Oct 1, 2012
Due to many people not signed up to UTV Undergrounds Forum below is a list composed from comments left on our Facebook post regarding this interest

Child or Parent Listed
Jessie Owens
Riley Hiens
Halie Hiens
Chuck Gibson
Ryder Chapman
Ryder Vanbeekum
Chris Lewis
Pat Watkins
Justin Binkerhoff
Jeremy Diel
Collins as mentioned above - 4 to 5
Arthur Yankilevich
Ken Block
Grace Vinagro
Elli Koster
Ethan Groom
Kaden Danbury
Vinny Riccitelli
GSP Racing - 2

Also second Collins remarks about the rules, but also please add the Age Requirements
Thank You,

XtremeMF

Oct 1, 2012
Age 10-16

Rules: Lucas Oil 570 Production Rules which will be Public shortly
lets keep this Stock and not ruin the class

XtremeMF

Oct 1, 2012
We need this.. I am planning to move my 12 year old into the 570 class, just ordered one up!

Stock for sure.. no center single seats, no engine mods, none of that crap... and stop letting parents and builders dictate the rules.
Yes, couldn't agree more need to apply same rules to 170 class as well.. They already ruined the Winter Nationals for that same reason lets not let it happen at the Worlds...

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
They already ruined the Winter Nationals for that same reason lets not let it happen at the Worlds...
It looks as if a lack of effort to craft the rules with any sense of concern for much of anything ruined the race before it even started.
http://utvwinternationals.com/index.php/utv-winter-nationals-class-rules
Are the 2019 World's rules the same as the 2018 rules posted above?
The Youth class should be overbuilt (period).
Allowing 570's to not run bumpers is nearly as bad as not demanding that all bumpers be fabricated exactly the same (stupidity left over from years past) is just plain irresponsible. Demanding that the 2019 larger cars run protection underneath yet leaving the kid's cars unprotected is a brainstorm that every one of these kid's mothers should be made aware of.

Does anybody read these things or is everybody hoping that Winter National type rules (next to nothing) are more the norm?

XtremeMF

Oct 1, 2012
We talked to Scott at GMZ a few weeks ago and discussed the rules in depth and he agreed to leaving it to NO duel a-arms reasonable weight and a few other things allowing this class to be as close to stock as possible. Unfortunately less then a few days before posting the rules he swayed toward one parent who is bringing 8 cars and decided to exclude the rest of the 20 plus cars that would show up. Lets also note that making these rules is half the battle the other half is making sure the series follow thru and check the top three cars at the finish line

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Whenever safety rules are being made under the influence of anyone there really aren't any rules being made. Fat chance that they are followed at the finish line either. The UTV class nationwide has rarely followed many of the basic rules put forward so why should anyone care about these kids?
Kids learn to cheat from their parents or (more often) parents who care little about rules, who follows them or very simply (publicly) confronting those who do not.

It isn't any more complicated than that and every single parent or enthusiast reading this knows it.

Last edited:

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
"...Unfortunately less then a few days before posting the rules he swayed toward one parent who is bringing 8 cars and decided to exclude the rest of the 20 plus cars that would show up..."

Still waiting to see how these (new?) rules shook out for the JoeSixPack family wanting to race the Worlds.
If our kids are going to learn how to exclude their friends on the track let alone on the trail ('stock' being nothing but a mere peon's toy to at least some spoiled kids riding around in big buck toy haulers) then stories such as this one might help them also emulate past race 'heroes' not posting here anymore (the common man forums obviously being far 'beneath' those racers expecting the common man to support their sponsors).
Who is this guy and how does he rate when it comes to dictating just how much fun any one kid has on any given day or exactly how safe that kid is in the first place?

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
This is a good news!
Anyone (from different countries) can participate?
If you're OK with rules apparently bent to accommodate mystery participants and the following (which nobody cares to comment upon) I doubt that there is much 'discrimination' (period):
"..Allowing 570's to not run bumpers is nearly as bad as not demanding that all bumpers be fabricated exactly the same (stupidity left over from years past) and just plain irresponsible. Demanding that the 2019 larger cars run protection underneath yet leaving the kid's cars unprotected is a brainstorm that every one of these kid's mothers should be made aware of..."

Personally? I wouldn't enter a child age 10 to compete with a16 year old under the above conditions let alone whatever additional 'accommodations' finagled around for eight 570's and a prepubescent dream team.
These are the type of threads (and there are plenty of them over a long time unfortunately) that we will look at later while asking ourselves why we did not accomplish anything when we had the chance to break some ground/put even the most basic of discussions to rest for obvious reasons.

When those same (non) discussions involve kids and safety?

Shame on all of us.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
If you're OK with rules apparently bent to accommodate mystery participants and the following (which nobody cares to comment upon) I doubt that there is much 'discrimination' (period):
"..Allowing 570's to not run bumpers is nearly as bad as not demanding that all bumpers be fabricated exactly the same (stupidity left over from years past) and just plain irresponsible. Demanding that the 2019 larger cars run protection underneath yet leaving the kid's cars unprotected is a brainstorm that every one of these kid's mothers should be made aware of..."

Personally? I wouldn't enter a child age 10 to compete with a16 year old under the above conditions let alone whatever additional 'accommodations' finagled around for eight 570's and a prepubescent dream team.
These are the type of threads (and there are plenty of them over a long time unfortunately) that we will look at later while asking ourselves why we did not accomplish anything when we had the chance to break some ground/put even the most basic of discussions to rest for obvious reasons.

When those same (non) discussions involve kids and safety?

Shame on all of us.
Perhaps you can offer suggestions that will help the racers for this class as you seem to know so much about safety and racing.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Perhaps you can offer suggestions that will help the racers for this class as you seem to know so much about safety and racing.
Perhaps you can 'comment' on the suggestions already made versus claiming that none have been while attempting to discredit.
I have posted not one but three suggested changes that obviously need to be made...twice.

The fact that nobody has the guts to challenge a single one of them for the sake of a mere child risking their life living by them is sadder than you claiming to 'not understand' while lashing out at the same time.

If anybody believes that racing (anywhere) will survive without serious discussions involving 10-16 year olds racing full blown suspended flying cars with no bumper specs. or floorboards they are obviously higher than a kite.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I'll play. Explain how bumpers on a UTV designed in the typically seen fashion make the occupant safer.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
I'll play. Explain how bumpers on a UTV designed in the typically seen fashion make the occupant safer.
"Playing" isn't asking somebody to explain themselves without offering an opinion of your own at the outset so that an actual two-sided debate may commence. Offer an opinion on the 2018 rules, any changes needing to be made or not.
As with SandShark feigning absolutely no knowledge of solutions previously being offered (twice) these are tired (old) tactics requiring no effort whatsoever from the (cough) "concerned community member".

Why don't we just allow these kids' parents to build bumpers straight out of MadMax movies and name them as organizers have allowed for years in the desert series?

Shouldn't a 10 year old be able to 'handle' these ruleless bumper builds when he or she flips with no aftermarket floorboard and gets rammed from underneath?

Builds character...doesn't it ???

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I can "play" as I like. That is what playing is. I am calling you out on your comment above "allowing 570's to run without bumpers". Back that up with some tech on how that makes the ride more dangerous for the kid. I do agree that they should be allowed underbody protection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000