RV 6v Battery Set up / Kit / Where to buy???

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I am looking to install two 6v batteries into my new Attitude 5th wheel. Currently this monster has only one 12v so you can imagine how good that works lol.

Anyway, I am looking to see if anyone knows where to get a kit for wiring the two batteries together in series as thats what I assume is the best set up??

Any input or advice?

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
2 batteries positive to negative.
Do yourself a favor and get a Honda EU2000, they run 8 to 12 hours on a gallon of gas. It's the best purchase I ever made.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I've had good luck with the 6v batteries from Costco.

The only thing you need to buy is one battery wire to connect the positive on one battery to the negative on the other.

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
I ran Costco and Sam's club batteries in my DP motorhome for a while, there cheap and OK and worked for around 2 years each. I bought four lifeline batteries and they are far superior to anything I have ever used, there expensive but I got six years out of my first set. Try calling them direct and talk cash.

Reactions: JoeyD23

sconym

Aug 30, 2012
Costco all the way. When I bought my first set a few years ago, the guy working with me told me to set an appointment on my calendar to bring the batteries back in 11 months as they have a 12 month warranty. He said they don't check the batteries, they just swap them out. Kind of a pain in the ass, but he said we would always have a fresh set of batteries. I did that the first year. Current set has been in the RV for a bit over 2 years. Make sure to keep them filled with water.

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
For the record I buy mine from O'Reillys.

I would like to know a little more about the Costco battery. Does Costco supply them year around? I don't remember ever seeing them at the store. I just looked on there web site, I don't see any 6v batteries. Could someone drop me a link to where I could buy them.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
For the record I buy mine from O'Reillys.

I would like to know a little more about the Costco battery. Does Costco supply them year around? I don't remember ever seeing them at the store. I just looked on there web site, I don't see any 6v batteries. Could someone drop me a link to where I could buy them.

The Victorville Costco has them all year round. They are in the tire shop as stated. I've only used these since I converted to 6V a number of years ago. Right now they have a 12 month replacement and after that you're on your own. I find 3 years if you dry camp a lot is about the best you'll get out of them. Right now one of mine is bad, but I replace them in pairs. I haven't tried the rejuvenation trick where you empty half the electrolyte and replace it with a mixture of baking soda and water. For $83 I'll just buy new batteries. Good luck Joey, you'll like the added depth of discharge you get from these. I'd also look into an inverter for most of your a/c appliances too.

bedowinn

Dec 21, 2016
No diss to Costco, but look into Trojan 6V. T145 or greater, whatever will fit in your compartment. You can get the battery cables at any auto part store.

You can also add a Batt cutoff switch to prevent a slow drain when you are not using the RV. Use a hydrometer to check battery condition.

Switching to 2 6V in series is the best mod you can make to an RV. Next best is the Honda 2000. Just get a good chain and lock it up at night.

Alliance MMA

Oct 17, 2014
www.facebook.com
Got to deepcyclebatterystore.com in Santee I got 4 AGM 6 volt battery and they also have all wires pre cut for you. I have yamaha 2000 generator that I run nonstop keeps all plugs on in RV and few smaller things. My teen kids appreciate having g their phone charged and toy hauler also has huge stereo system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
Next best is the Honda 2000. Just get a good chain and lock it up at night.
I've been kicking this idea around for a while, anyone have any experience with the Ryobi version ? they are quite a bit cheaper.. and have similar output, and have blue tooth monitoring..

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
Got to deepcyclebatterystore.com in Santee I got 4 AGM 6 volt battery and they also have all wires pre cut for you. I have yamaha 2000 generator that I run nonstop keeps all plugs on in RV and few smaller things. My teen kids appreciate having g their phone charged and toy hauler also has huge stereo system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No need of having 4 6v batteries if you have a generator running non-stop, it's over kill, one 12v is fine. Now if you were running an inverter I would say yes to four or more 6v batteries.

My set up 520 watts of solar panels, 2000 watt inverter, four 6v T105RE Trojans and a Bogart Trimetric 2030. I leave my inverter on 24/7 while camping. The only time my generator starts is when the Microwave or aircon. is needed which is hardly ever. My wife uses her blow dryer, I use my coffee maker, she uses her blender, crock pot (last outing approx. 5 hours), etc. The plus is I don't have to listen to a generator.
I do have a 5500 Oanan also a Honda 2000. Before solar I had two 6v batteries and used my 2000 in the morning for coffee, the wives needs and charging the batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000