UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Total privateer, with no factory support, built by a non factory supported shop won the Parker 250 in the 1900 class. Does anyone know when the last time a privateer won a BITD race in class 1900?

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
Pretty much all the N/A cars are non factory this year, all the factory guys went to the Turbo class.
Should be a fun battle of "weekend warriors" everybody has a chance to win every race, unless the #1951 car figured out what Cognito did last year! lol

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I spoke to David Clay and he reviewed the data and he's convinced the results are correct. I'm sure I mistook a similar car. Congratulations to Guthrie, Sappington, and Sims! I'm glad that was straightened out.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Pretty much all the N/A cars are non factory this year, all the factory guys went to the Turbo class.
Should be a fun battle of "weekend warriors" everybody has a chance to win every race, unless the #1951 car figured out what Cognito did last year! lol
1970 is running some of our recipe. I expect to see them on the box quite a bit this year.

Reactions: JoeyD23

ssb4

Feb 13, 2015
Sappington got 2nd place by 8 hundreds of a second. That's the difference from laying off the gas a second too early. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
yea should be a fun season in the 1900 class, 1951 started something like 50th car off the line and finished with only 5 cars physically ahead of him, winning 1900 and getting 6th over all

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Sappington got 2nd place by 8 hundreds of a second. That's the difference from laying off the gas a second too early. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw he got second by 7 minutes....

But he did beat Sims by 8 seconds... not hundredths...

Reactions: ssb4 and Bajaxp

agavelouis

Feb 16, 2015
Total privateer, with no factory support, built by a non factory supported shop won the Parker 250 in the 1900 class. Does anyone know when the last time a privateer won a BITD race in class 1900?

yea should be a fun season in the 1900 class, 1951 started something like 50th car off the line and finished with only 5 cars physically ahead of him, winning 1900 and getting 6th over all

1951, won the N/A class by more than 30 min, thats kind of making a statement

I was just estimating on 50 +- cars Mr. Joe... It was a long line ;)

Sorry for screwing up the 1900 class, someone said they were giving a RZR away. I wanted in on that real bad.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Yep 1951 started 40th car....1970 44th.....1958.....46th finished in that order. I see all 3 cars are going to be mixing it up.......my prediction. I know we have a great car built by Eric Beurnier and H-Town suspension we hammered it! A reliable motor and solid on all 4 corners happy with what we've done there. I know 1970 Russel Griffin is a rebel from my neighborhood both running Double E suspension so I think the South has a good shot to rise again!

One more observation.....don't know the man but 1898 is a heck of a driver. We went to war with him for about 60 miles. He wouldn't let me rest a minute and was hard to shake him. I watched at the start he struggled with his helmet I said oh boy we need to get away from this old guy ASAP he's going to be a menace. Well he was but not how I figured. Lots of respect to this guy. We never put each other in harms way and changed positions at least 5-6 times. By far the toughest we faced out there Sat.

Bricoop

Jan 8, 2017
1951 was hauling the mail. He and the 2948 appeared to be battling hard during that first lap.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
yea the car count was just an estimate, 36 turbos, 10 unlimited and 2 N/a, started in front of the 1951, but the numbers are not really a big deal, where you start is not that important to where you finish overall, just have to do a little more work, not bad for only the second time in a UTV thou, sorry there was no UTV up for grabs, does appear like you wanted the nonexistant RZR real bad.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
A little bummed I missed 2nd by 8 seconds, not one person in any of my pits mentioned Sappington as being any type of threat. I never heard his name once, all I heard was that he had multiple flats and I had a basically problem free day..... The 3rd lap I backed it down just a little to conserve the car, apparently backed it down 8 seconds to much :/

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
A little bummed I missed 2nd by 8 seconds, not one person in any of my pits mentioned Sappington as being any type of threat. I never heard his name once, all I heard was that he had multiple flats and I had a basically problem free day..... The 3rd lap I backed it down just a little to conserve the car, apparently backed it down 8 seconds to much :/
He had a left rear flat coming into the pits on lap 1, and a right rear flat coming into the pits on lap 2

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
1951 was hauling the mail. He and the 2948 appeared to be battling hard during that first lap.
Umm, we broke a tie rod bolt 10-15 mi from the finish and rolled the car. Several cars passed but got one to stop and get it back up and fixed but still only 33 min ahead had to be pretty close at that point....just saying. It's not going to be a walk away season for anyone I can almost guarantee that.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Didn't mean to imply that >t wpuld ever be an easy season for anyone, just looking at the times, these guys I believe are MORE racers and won't even be running in BITD the whole season, just a couple of races

Gilroyboy

Nov 24, 2014
Gilroy

i guess he just had a little more of that special juice that day for 8 seconds hahaha, both you and mitch did good, even though you are in rzr's (cough cough) ;)

Reactions: SimsMotorsports
May 6, 2015
It was great to finish 2nd and we were only 2 minutes back on the 3rd lap at midway and had Sims beat by a full minute and a half in the first 28 miles, as we can thru midway 3 minutes behind but started 4:30 behind. It was a great race! great job Mitch and Sims.

PS Brandon I know how you feel, remember the end of Baja 1000 this past year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000