All UTV's PRP Alpha seats

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
Who has seen these seats? And who wants them? I'm trying to find some info on these.

They look rad. I would like to hear someone pipe in about how they feel. If anyone has sat in them or taken a drive with them.

Reactions: knothed

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I like what I see but that price puts it up there with proven seats like Sparco's that are certified. I wonder if these are certified?

PRP Seats

PRP Seats - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
May 24, 2011
Temecula, CA
www.PRPseats.com
We're glad you're excited Jamie. We put a lot of hard work into making the first composite seat built for off-road.

With the injection molded cushion and thicker foam all around, we think it will be the most comfortable composite seat you've ever sat in.

When you decide if you want to go with these, check in with UTV Canada. They are a distributor of ours out of Alberta.

CSG - The seats are in the process of being FIA certified. Can't comment on a timeline right now but we're getting the testing requirements together and in contact with a lab to schedule the sled time.

Let us know if you have an additional questions...

CSG

Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I would like to hear the sales pitch on what will make these better than what's out there now as I am in the market for a seat.

PRP Seats

May 24, 2011
Temecula, CA
www.PRPseats.com
I would like to hear the sales pitch on what will make these better than what's out there now as I am in the market for a seat.
Sure. When we decided to develop a composite seat, we noticed all the off-road racers were using seats made for street racing. For the most part, the idea is the same; to keep you held in tight. Off-road is a different kind of driving, though.

The main difference in our seat vs the others is the padding. Pretty much all the composite seats we've seen use a couple layers of cut foam for their bottom cushion. For off-road, this doesn't give you much comfort when hitting rough terrain. We developed a contoured, injection-molded foam cushion. It's much thicker, much more comfortable, and dense enough to keep you from bottoming out. The contoured shape helps to prevent your knees from knocking together as well. Similar cushions retail for over $200 and they're not even covered.

The padding all around the seat is thicker than you'll find in other seats. Makes it more comfortable all around.

Off-roading has more lateral movement than street racing so we made the lateral containment at the legs is taller.

I'm 5'11" (pretty average height) and most seats I sat in were too short. So, we made the seat back taller and we used larger harness openings at the neck to accommodate a wider range of drivers.

The headrest itself is also tilted back farther than other composite seats. Off-road racers tend to mount their seat more upright and other headrests would then push the driver's head forward and down.

On the head containment version of the Alpha, we made the containment a bit wider. Many off-road racers complain that their containment causes their head to "rattle." This, along with a padding system we're working on, will reduce or prevent that altogether.

The shell is recessed just below the harness openings to better accommodate a HANS device.

Plus, the cherry on top, is our seats are customizable at no additional charge. We suggest our new Sport Mesh or Vinyl for the best experience.

So, to recap, several features specifically built for off-road racing,a typically $200+ foam cushion, and the ability to customize, all for a similar price as the popular Sparco and Cobra models.

Hope that sales pitch answers your questions.
Alpha_Facebook_2.jpg Alpha_Facebook_1.jpg Alpha_Facebook_3.jpg

Reactions: Simi Dude

CSG

Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Thanks. Do you have a side shot of the high containment seat? It appears that the top is not as "deep" as typical RR seats. I like that if it is in fact how it is.

PRP Seats

May 24, 2011
Temecula, CA
www.PRPseats.com
How does one decide on the head containment vs the regular alpha
I'd say it depends on what type of racing and the vehicle but it's really your call. Consider the size of the window and whether or not you expect to be getting in and out a lot.

The head containment is to reduce the chance of a head impact and concussion in the event of a side impact or rollover. Some drivers use internal nets and a non-head containment seat instead.

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
Oh ok. I'll probably get by with the non containment seats then. I don't race(as of now), and would like to retain as much of the vision and comfort as possible. By comfort I mean ease of getting in and out, to retain an easy and enjoyable riding experience, and the same for passengers.

I have been considering nets recently after seeing videos of limbs leaving the vehicle and some people not getting them back. Nets may be the way to go, and a hans device

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
Sport mesh vs vinyl huh...hmmm I have absolutely no idea since I've never had the chance to sit in any PRP seats.

PRP Seats

May 24, 2011
Temecula, CA
www.PRPseats.com
Sport mesh vs vinyl huh...hmmm I have absolutely no idea since I've never had the chance to sit in any PRP seats.
It's more of a function choice. The sport mesh is very breathable and keeps your body cool. However, small rocks and debris can become caught in the material. Vinyl is easy to clean and since we only use Marine-grade styles, very durable. You can select what combinations you want but we suggest the Sport Mesh in the center area (as pictured) and the vinyl around the rest of the seat. Gives you the best function where you really need it.

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
Any idea what seats Kartek has? I what material theirs are? I can order from them but have no idea what material they come with. Is the vinyl outer and mesh center standard?

I should just custom order them anyway. Here's what I want. All black except the band around the edge. Dark grey to match the RZR.

Oh mama

And what about mounts? I can't use my Oem RZR mounts so, what am I looking at for mounts? I don't see any RZR mounts in the site.

Do the alpha seats have their own specific mounts for the XP1000?

Last edited:

PRP Seats

May 24, 2011
Temecula, CA
www.PRPseats.com
Any idea what seats Kartek has? I what material theirs are? I can order from them but have no idea what material they come with. Is the vinyl outer and mesh center standard?

I should just custom order them anyway. Here's what I want. All black except the band around the edge. Dark grey to match the RZR.

And what about mounts? I can't use my Oem RZR mounts so, what am I looking at for mounts? I don't see any RZR mounts in the site.

Do the alpha seats have their own specific mounts for the XP1000?
Kartek doesn't have any in stock. They are built to order so you can choose all of your colors. I'd just take those pictures in and show them.

I believe the RZR mounts are finalized. Should be on order from our laser cutter but I'll have to double check. You can still order them through Kartek and we can get them pricing and availability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000