Eclipse rv reviews

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
that's a good looking unit. we looked at the double fridge but wanted the 16' garage more. wish are's was a solid as yours because I wouldn't recommend this manufacture to anyone.
Yeah I would have to agree that the trailers build is slapped together also as I have had to figure out and repair a bunch of stupid shit myself as I'm not to comfortable with the shops and little dealer here in AZ won't even work on it if they didn't sell it to ya

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Andy

Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 2, 2013
Buena Park, Calif
Andy are issues started on the drive back to Co Springs from Az. Our enclosed underbelly started falling off on the drive home. They attached the corrugated plastic with self tappers to the frame which the plastic just ripped away. we had to stop at a home depot and buy a couple strips of expanded metal strips to go in between the screws to hold it all up. Our heater tried to kill us twice the second time we took it in the repair shop informed us that our heater was never bolted to the floor so it was moving around when the trailer moved and the exhaust pipe seperated and was being sucked into the fresh air intake. the bag of bolts was still zip tied inside the heater and melting. Our back lighting above our cabinets had a short in it and shocked the hell out of my wife. I had to go thru and resolder all connections I could find. All the trim around our slides ( both slides) had the heads sheared off and was only being held on by the tape underneath so I went down and spent $50 on stainless steel self tapping screws siliconed the heck out of everything and tapped all new holes all the way around all the slides. The rain gutters above the doors had the same issues..... more screws and silicone. Our fresh water breather tube was kinked so it wouldnt take more than about 30 gallons on a 150 gallon tank. took me a little while to find that one. Our 5500 Onan genie only had 1 bolt holding it in place. We are pretty sure our axles are out of alignment because we had a blowout with 1 tire and 3 others wore lop sided in less than 2000 miles, and I only tow at 62 mph, we are still investigating that one. Our main slide floor is bowed out about 2"s weve had it looked at twice now by 2 different rv techs and both say the slide mechanism is not out of adjustment and that our floor is just "thin" and "cheap" there words not mine. Our electric awning moved over 2"s and wouldnt roll up any more flush against the trailer. took a little research to figure out how to fix that and what went wrong. Eclipse never put any set screws in it that is suppost to keep it from moving. All the wiring for our stereo/dvd player was loose. we found that out the second time we tried to use it and it wasnt working. Our stereo still has some weird loud buzzing noise to it. Our black tank flush fill hose developed a serious leak to it the third time we tried using it so water went everywhere in the basement. I check the pressure of the water with my gauge it was only 42psi. Our windows on the main slide leaked horribly the first rain storm we had that was before we ever even used it. more silicone! weve lost 2 vent caps off the roof. Our front cap wont stay put and ive now got over 2 tubes of silicone invested in that one. Any way the list goes on and on and these are all quality issues or build issues which is whats so frustrating. Eclipse always says when we call them about warranty that the'll cover it. I don't know what its like getting an rv worked on in Az these days but in Colorado you tend to be months out so our warranty will run out in Dec 15 and well be stuck with this pile and covering these things out of our own pocket. This trailer rolled right off the assembly line and into our hands just over 10 months ago. Its got to go! lol I do hope you have better luck. Tell me more about what went wrong with your buddies slide.
Holy sheep skins Scott. No wonder your not a happy camper. This does not make me feel good about spending nearly $40 K on this trailer. My friends 35' 5er, the main slide hit a cabinet door on the way in. They pulled the door off so they could use it over the weekend, and are taking it back to Eclipse this next week.
One of the reasons I ordered my trailer with no slides. One less thing to go wrong.

Last edited:

Scott Diekmann

Nov 25, 2015
we really shouldve realized what we were getting into when our salesman who was half embarrased walking us into our rv for the first time had to point out immediately that the couch and table setup could not be used together because it has to be put so close to each other for the slide to work that you cant get in or out of the couch with the table in place, i.e. no table to eat on. So i said well lets just pull the table and legs and put it away I then sat on the couch and reclined it which the section of couch that reclined promptly fell forward and dumped me on the floor. Why didnt I just walk away!? needless to say we promptly took that setup straight to the dumpster and bought a couch from American Furniture warehouse which fyi i now sit on and get to look at the stereo that was put in extremely crooked and the cabinet doors that were so poorly installed that are all at different heights....ugh. Me being a gluten for punishment gave the man 50 grand and drove away with a smile. I do really hope you have a much better experience Andy but im not so sure after hearing about your buddy. Did you get a 5er or tongue pull? seems the tongue pull guys have better luck.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Warlock we are of the some frame of mind. Im getting really good at rv repairs! lol
Well if it will make. You feel a little better I'm taking it back to Eclipse and I'm gonna point out everything I find wrong and make them fix it.
Also the tires they use are junk that's why yours blew up. I figured on upgrading the tires a little bit down the road but that came sooner than expected as they started delaming after 4 trips out. The tires are all covered under warranty by a company called treadit, call them up and tell them you want your money back on them and they will want to see pictures of the date codes and tire and they will give you about $87 each and put that towards a real tire.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Reactions: ROTAX

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I have heard through the grapevine that Eclipse is losing lots of its employees to some other start ups out that wayb in socal since Eclipse is so cheap the labor leaves. The other problem I have come across is dealers don't want to work on trailers they didn't sell because Eclipse warranty pay is so hard to get back and get approved that the dealership eats alot of the cost so know wonder they have zero interest in fixing my trailer under warranty. So for me to get this shit box repaired I have to take 2 trips to socal. So I'm looking at 12hrs wasted each trip and fuel. My rubber roof is pumped with air going down the freeway and bubbling up now. So if you people own a fifth wheel take it out on the freeway and get up to speed and have some one either stick there head out the moonroof or drive off to the side to see if it's billowing up. They are going to replace my roof. You will not know it's billowing unless somebody points it out. My Buddy passed me on the freeway and called my cell phone and that's how I found out.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Wfs Chris

Sep 23, 2015
Crazy to see this post today, We love our attitude but have had so many small issues with it bought it brand new in 14 also got the extended 5 year warranty on it . with that being said We cant find anyone local tha accepts the warranty company pisses me off cause its a 5 year warranty and i'm not going to drive 4 hours to have it repaired so now not sure to do at this point ???

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
All toy haulers I have seen are junk when you really break it down. My weekend warrior was alright for a year or so then shit started going to Crap. I'll never own another toy hauler again.
All over the road motor homes, travel trailers, Toyhaulers, Toter homes every one of them are shit boxes on wheels. Sell a new one to one of these rich pricks and the first issue they have they call ya up and mother F you up and down like your the biggest Pos ever and they proceed to tell you and remind you that they just spent 2.3 million on there coach and you need to get it fixed right now and you better have somebody there fixing it within minutes lol or there's gonna be hell to pay. LMFAO yep you sir have a 2.3 million dollar rolling turd that will have the same issues that the 10k unit has. Seriously funny Ass shit.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Wfs Chris

Sep 23, 2015
We personally are not that person just time for a change not all of our stuff fits in the toy hauler so stacker will help.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
There all junk.and they all have problems, imagine towing your house down the road shaking and shimmering by the time you get to. The dunes it's gonna have issues. I'm in the business and that's just the way it is.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Dayum... I just thought my class C was a shit box rolling down the road ... I've been thinking about going to work and play style toyhauler, but why trade 1 shit box for another. We've got to have something to camp in though... no good places to ride close.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Dayum... I just thought my class C was a shit box rolling down the road ... I've been thinking about going to work and play style toyhauler, but why trade 1 shit box for another. We've got to have something to camp in though... no good places to ride close.
Just buy whatever Shit box that fits your needs. BRTs, (Big Rolling Turds) lol. Doesn't matter if it's a 10k Turd Or a 2 million dollar turd, Turds a Turd lol.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Damn I guess I've been pretty lucky with our Forest River Stealth. It's totally a piece of crap the way it's built but it looks nice and has been pretty much trouble free so far for 2 years.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: warlock

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
They all use the same products just built in a different shop by different illegal immigrants. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Unless it is built in Indiana and a different group of Amish mobsters built it.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Reactions: crazywatson

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Sounds to me like Stellar/Attitude (Eclipse) quality has gone down hill quite a bit in the recent years.

We bought our Stellar in 06 and it has had a few things go wrong with it but nothing like your guys are talking about on these newer units.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Sounds to me like Stellar/Attitude (Eclipse) quality has gone down hill quite a bit in the recent years.

We bought our Stellar in 06 and it has had a few things go wrong with it but nothing like your guys are talking about on these newer units.
Thats kinda the story I'm told. I like the products but the build quality is down. They need to step it up but I'm not sure they are willing to get it done.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
I've been around Toy Haulers for many years. I've belonged to many Toy Hauler groups, participated on most of the big RV forums, and led Facebook based Toy Hauler brand pages. I was also a contributing writer for Toy Hauler Magazine until the bitter end. I've owned four; a Thor Wanderer, two Weekend Warriors, and a high end Voltage. They all had their problems. One thing I've learned over the years is you have to become very good at fixing the little things that the $8 per hour employee didn't care to build correctly. So I'm not surprised when I hear so many other people repeat the same thing; that all Toy Haulers have problems, ESPECIALLY, when you take them off road. So if you know this going in you'll be a happier owner. My advice is to buy used and hope the previous owner(s) have fixed all the problems.

Btw, I own a class C now ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000